1.    #1  
    Newbie here. I just got my Treo 650 yesterday and really like it. I have everything Synced at work great. I do however want to Sync at home to download MP3's, movies, and other stuff I shouldn't be doing at work. Can anyone please tell me how to do this without screwing everything up. I don't need to Sync any calendars or email at home. I just want to use my home PC for downloading onto the 650.

Thanks a lot.
    Nathan
    No problem. Install Palm Desktop at home, as you normally would, but when it prompts you to do a hotsync, don't. After the installation is complete, right click on the hotsync icon in your systray, and then click 'custom.'

For each entry that you do NOT want to sync on your home PC (like Calendar, Contacts, etc.), click on the entry in the list and then click on the Change button. Select the "Do Nothing" radio button, select 'Set as Default,', then click OK. Once you changed all the entries you don't want to sync to "do nothing,", then you can run a hotsync and none of these will be affected.

BUT, you might want to leave things alone. There's absolutely no problem with hotsyncing to 2 different PCs. The Treo will keep them all in sync, and you'll end up with two backups of your data instead of just one.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    No problem. Install Palm Desktop at home, as you normally would, but when it prompts you to do a hotsync, don't. After the installation is complete, right click on the hotsync icon in your systray, and then click 'custom.'

For each entry that you do NOT want to sync on your home PC (like Calendar, Contacts, etc.), click on the entry in the list and then click on the Change button. Select the "Do Nothing" radio button, select 'Set as Default,', then click OK. Once you changed all the entries you don't want to sync to "do nothing,", then you can run a hotsync and none of these will be affected.

BUT, you might want to leave things alone. There's absolutely no problem with hotsyncing to 2 different PCs. The Treo will keep them all in sync, and you'll end up with two backups of your data instead of just one.

Other than your contacts and stuff synched from home will end up on your work computer and vica versa. Which if you're using outlook will endup cluttering business contacts with personal contacts.

I was doing this at one time, and because of the clutter I stopped. I didn't really care for my work knowing about all my personal contacts.
    If you're using Outlook on both PCs, you can choose the "Enable Synchronization to Multiple PCs" option, and then it won't put e.g. your contacts from your home PC onto your work PC. Both dbases end up on your Treo, of course.
    if I only had my work (or only personal) contacts on my Treo, I'd be missing a whole lot of utlity. But I hate outlook enough that I sync with the Palm desktop at work, too. So I don't worry about getting my personal contacts in Outlook
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.