Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    So nobody's tried Zagat To Go v3 with the new firmware update? It may work! (I'm scared to try). :-)
    I'm running 3.2 on my Treo600, and it seems to work fine. ALL of the files (including ALL of the data) live happily on my SD card, and 3.2 searches for and finds the data files on the card, and lets me use them. It does move the file(s) you want to use to RAM though (it doesn't run the data file in place on the SD card). You can always delete the copy in RAM when you're done using it...

Zagat to Go was really a big pain to set up, as I run a Mac, not a PC.

Bill S
    Billy - When you say you need to manually delete the copy in RAM, are you saying the application isn't smart enough to remove the file after you've quit the app? Also, as stupid as that is, that assumes the files are being copied over, not moved. I just wish it could run it directly from the card like the hundreds of other apps out there.

What's the launch time with a number of the guides on the card?
    Anybody? Bueller?
    Quote Originally Posted by smartphone
    what do you use to store the city DBs on the card, that is pull them back and forth from the card to the internal memory?
    You could use FileZ or ZLauncher. The idea is that the cities would sit in "deep storage" until needed rather than have, as I did, about 30-40 cities that I might travel to at some time in the future. This would be a tremendous space saver until Zagat allows us to run it EASILY from the card. The only issue here is that the cities are listed in RAM by numerical code, not by name. That would require some translation.

Of course, the cities can be stored by name in your PC Downloads/Zagat file but that wouldn't allow you to bring the city into RAM while you were traveling unless you had your PC, Palm and hotsync hardware with you, something I do not choose to travel with. The Treo 650 is sufficient for my travels.
    Cheers, RoyofSF,
    Treo 650 GSM Unlocked, DateBk 5, Palm Desktop 4.1.4, Windows XP Pro/SP 2, San Disk Extreme III 1GB card, backups (BackupBuddy2, BBVFS Pro, 64MB Palm Backupcard+)
    Quote Originally Posted by tvBilly
    I'm running 3.2 on my Treo600, and it seems to work fine. ALL of the files (including ALL of the data) live happily on my SD card, and 3.2 searches for and finds the data files on the card, and lets me use them. It does move the file(s) you want to use to RAM though (it doesn't run the data file in place on the SD card). You can always delete the copy in RAM when you're done using it...

Zagat to Go was really a big pain to set up, as I run a Mac, not a PC.

Bill S
    While trying yet again to find a workaround for loading Zagat to Go from my Mac to my Treo, I discovered that Handango has taken over Zagat to Go! Figuring they would be a lot more pda savvy, I emailed them, and got the following response:
    "We should have a version that will work with the Treo 650 and a Mac install for it in the near future"
    Sounds promising!
    FYI - from ZAGAT TO GO September 2005 Newsletter:

Version 4.0 Preview

We are excited to announce that the latest version of ZAGAT TO GO for Palm OS and Pocket PC will be available in October. As a current subscriber you will be notified via email when this update is available. The email will contain information on what is new and how to upgrade to this version from our website free of charge. Below are some of the features you can look forward to:

-Full integration and support for the Palm Treo series
    -Macintosh compatibility for installing ZAGAT TO GO on your handheld
    -Support for storing guides on external memory cards
    -Mapping and driving directions for Zagat Rated establishments*
    -Over-the-air downloading of guides and software updates*

*Requires wireless device with Internet connectivity.
    And is Version 4... Zagat to Go 2006.
    I've downloaded Zagat to Go 4.0 from Handmark's site. Saw they had a version for Mac and took the chance and sure enough, 4.0. Seems to work well so far and you can download new guides wirelessly.
    ztg 4.0 is crashing on my 650 every time i try to launch the app. It hasn't worked since I've downloaded it a few hours ago.

any advice?
    Tony Ricciardi
    Owner
    www.MacSupport.com
    I've also downloaded and installed the Mac version (yay! finally a Mac version!) of ZTG4.0 with no problems. I uninstalled the older version of ZTG from my Treo first, though, just to be safe.

It's nice to be able to keep the .PDB guides on the SD card (in \palm\launcher directory)!

Improved Treo navigation, over-the-air updates, and maps are all nice touches.

tanster
    Treo 650 on Sprint, as of 11/18/04!
    To transfer data from your current Palm device to the Treo 650, click here.
    To see my Treo 650 pics, click here.
    I agree ztg v4 keeps crashing on my treo 650 as well (unlocked GSM...latest firmware). the error code (via dialing #*377) shows..."reset was caused ...while running Zagat to Go: MemoryMgr.c, Line:3732, NULL handle" ... each and everytime.

I stupidly paid for it....so each time I have reinstalled it creates a new device id, which when you go to their website is needed for to create the activation key. Problem is after two times you can get an acitivation key. Why did they not just the hotsync ID (poorly, poorly thought through on their part).

I think it is a cool product...but the code is cra..... And I have very seldom complained on this site. Additionally, I have found it impossible to contact them. If they are listening ... then contact me ... you have a very unhappy customer...and unless I can get it fixed quickly .... I want a refund. I have spent some 3 hours on this and its silly.

Until this is fixed (platform stability and an easy way to register/activate) I would recommend to all to NOT buy....
    Works well on my Sprint 650
    good for you...tazzo.

For others, I even did a hard reset and reinstalled in upon clicking in the demo/trial...same error as shared earlier...I am wondering if it is a database error (since it reads them right after that click)?

I used SF, SF nightlife, and Movies ... as well I have Handmark Express installed (wonder if there is a conflict there).
    Still crashing for me.

No response from Handmark, which is even more annoying.

24 hours since my first email to them.
    Tony Ricciardi
    Owner
    www.MacSupport.com
  16.    #36  
    ZTG Guy do you work for Zagat?? Can you get this working on the 650 for us!!

Quote Originally Posted by ZTG Guy
    FYI - from ZAGAT TO GO September 2005 Newsletter:

Version 4.0 Preview

We are excited to announce that the latest version of ZAGAT TO GO for Palm OS and Pocket PC will be available in October. As a current subscriber you will be notified via email when this update is available. The email will contain information on what is new and how to upgrade to this version from our website free of charge. Below are some of the features you can look forward to:

-Full integration and support for the Palm Treo series
    -Macintosh compatibility for installing ZAGAT TO GO on your handheld
    -Support for storing guides on external memory cards
    -Mapping and driving directions for Zagat Rated establishments*
    -Over-the-air downloading of guides and software updates*

*Requires wireless device with Internet connectivity.

I installed everything, and crashed while my Treo was opening the guides. I deleted it, and only installed the ones I use (I had the numbers from my original installation.) This time it worked flawlessly, and I was able to download new guides wirelessly. For a Mac user, this is Zagat heaven!!!
  18.    #38  
    Ok i figured it out, you need to delete all guides form the memory card, including any in backup folders, etc... it may just be old guides from the pervious Zagat that are the issue, but this fixed it for me... figired it out when i removed the memory card and it loaded ok...

It was working fine last night. All the guides were on the card, no problems. I backed everything up on BackupBuddy- and when I tried it this morning, it crashed every time. Splash screen, started loading...bam. Weird.

I had already eliminated all previous Zagat stuff. I'll try again.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12