Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    HI,

I have a sprint treo 600 using on the verizon network. Over the past couple weeks, I've been having real problems with the device freezing while on a call (just locks up and I need to reset it). Also when trying to make calls, it will say "no service" then hang up.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks.
    I am having the exact same problem on my Treo. Did you install any software lately that uses the data network like Verichat? I am interested to see if we did the same things that might have caused this problem.
  3.    #3  
    No I didn't install anything. I wonder if verizon is doing something?
    I don't think it is a Verizon issue because I use Sprint. I just updated the firmware again. Hopefully this will work. I'll post after some more use.
  5.    #5  
    sounds good. Where did you get the firmware update from?
    I had my Treo replaced for this exact problem. It took me nearly 2 months to prove it to Sprint, since as I'm sure you know, it's a bit of a hit or miss problem. Sprint said from day 1, that if I could prove it, they would replace it.

I finally had it happen while in the mall, and litteraly ran to the sprint store to show them that it was locked up. 30 minutes later I had a new Treo.

I'm not sure why we had to go down the road of me proving it, as it seems to be a known issue.
    The firmware didn't work. As soon as I started using it again it had the same problems again. The freezing, the "no service" and the battery drain. I noticed that it worked fine as long as it was plugged into the charger, but once I disconnected it all the problems started again. So after realizing that my treo fell into the series of bad ESN's that have a known problem with a faulty battery connector I called Sprint. They told me to take it a Sprint store here in town that had a service center in it. They tested the phone and quickly realized that it was bad. They are replacing my Treo and I should have it in a few days.

I think you should take yours in as well for diagnostic testing. Good luck.

Leslie
    Global Posts
    297 Global Posts
    I had the same experience with my 14 month old Treo. It falls within the range of bad ESN's and about a month ago it developed the "No Service" problem. I debated returning the phone to Sprint under their Replacement Coverage but I love the hardware quality of my Handspring branded phone.

So I replaced the battery myself with a 2000mAh extended life battery from Laptops for Less (http://www.l-f-l.com) and things seem to be working great right now. It's been day 2 of the replacement.
  9.    #9  
    How do you determine if the ESN is in the bad lot?

thanks for the help.
    Quote Originally Posted by puyi
    I had the same experience with my 14 month old Treo. It falls within the range of bad ESN's and about a month ago it developed the "No Service" problem. I debated returning the phone to Sprint under their Replacement Coverage but I love the hardware quality of my Handspring branded phone.

So I replaced the battery myself with a 2000mAh extended life battery from Laptops for Less (http://www.l-f-l.com) and things seem to be working great right now. It's been day 2 of the replacement.
    hey. im having this same "no service" problem on my verizon treo 600. i cant get another one because i purchased this from someone new. so i just ordered a new battery like you did and im wondering if everything is still working ok? also...did you use the official tools to open the treo or did you do it yourself? if you did it yourself was it hard? i dont plan on using the official stuff so im wondering...
    Quote Originally Posted by puyi

did your battery come with another connecter (actual plug that goes from pda to battery)? because thats the defective part and i ordered a 200mAh battery from here (http://www.gethightech.com/Merchant2...ory_Code=_TREO) and i DID not get another connecter juss a battery so now i just wasted 50 bucks. anyone know where i can get a connector?
    I've been having the same "no service" problem on my Verizon Treo 600. I notice that sometimes after I place a call that doesn't connect, the LED on top near the antenna stays red (or maybe orange) not blinking green. I can reset by turning off wireless and turning back on but I still can't complete a call. I have also noticed that this tends to happen when my battery meter is somewhere below 3/4 full. It also seems to solve the problem when I plug into a wall or car adaptor. So my diagnosis is that the problem relates to less than full power. Anyone else have any theories?
    AND well another same problem.. And yee sI too bought it off someone else that had his replaced. i dont know if he had the same problems, he upgraded to a 650. I am on the Cingular network, and they cant tell me whats wrong either. It makes and recieves calls, then locks up and drops them like 4 seconds later, or instantly.. And then the signal says, "no network, SOS only" and they are blaming it on my SIM card, which is only 6 months old. Hmm.. How do you know the lot # for the bad ESN's...? and will the baterry fix it? yesterday this thig showed full battery, then died and crached an dwouldnt charge, then it was charged.. ?? looks like a battery problem, but how does that effect the network connection.?
    ok so i decided to trade in my treo to a local phone shop and i got another treo from them for 80 bucks (mind you i also gave them the old treo, plus a better 50 buck battery). that defect sux balls im sorry if u have it
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    I also have a Treo 600 with Sprint PCS. It's now out of warranty and I think I'm experiencing this "No Service" problem. Whenever I dial a phone number, the screen says its dialing, then "Sprint" changes to "No service". After several seconds the phone gives up dialing and the word "Sprint" is shown again. Is this what you are seeing?

I've been to two Sprint stores with this phone. The first said it didn't work and they don't do out of warranty work. The second store sounded like they would look further into the problem when I talked to them on the phone, but said it couldn't be fixed when they looked at it. (And would I like to buy a new handset. )

1. Is there anywhere I can take or send the phone to get it repaired for less than the cost of a new one?

2. Where can I found the range of ESN that is known to show this problem?

Paul
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Over the weekend I decided to order a new battery from gethightech.com (also known as pdaparts.com), following a link from the earlier message. The battery arrived two days later, along with the case opener tool. I followed the directions on the website and only needed a T-6 screwdriver.

I got the back cover off and replaced the battery. The battery did not come with a new cable so I re-used the old one. It did come with its own two-sided tape to attach to the circuit board. Attached the battery, plugged in the cable, re-attached the back and connected it to the charger. A few hours later with the charge at 100%, I tried the phone. And it works!! No more "No service" problem.

Problem solved in spite of Sprint's poor service.

Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by pkoerber
    Over the weekend I decided to order a new battery from gethightech.com (also known as pdaparts.com), following a link from the earlier message. The battery arrived two days later, along with the case opener tool. I followed the directions on the website and only needed a T-6 screwdriver.

I got the back cover off and replaced the battery. The battery did not come with a new cable so I re-used the old one. It did come with its own two-sided tape to attach to the circuit board. Attached the battery, plugged in the cable, re-attached the back and connected it to the charger. A few hours later with the charge at 100%, I tried the phone. And it works!! No more "No service" problem.

Problem solved in spite of Sprint's poor service.

Paul
    thats so odd because i used the same cable and the phone still showed no service. lucky you. hope you dont have a bad streak with your treo like i have
    Hi Guys,

I have a Theory, please help me to confirm.

Could it be by any chance, that this "No service" problem happen in Same locations.

For ex. "No service" problem appears more when i am in the mall.

Thanks,
    Alon
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aharonalon
    Hi Guys,

I have a Theory, please help me to confirm.

Could it be by any chance, that this "No service" problem happen in Same locations.

For ex. "No service" problem appears more when i am in the mall.

Thanks,
    Alon
    In my case the no service problem happened gradually. I started getting dropped calls in locations that worked previously. I thought maybe it was a problem with Sprint's network, but that turned out not to be the case.

If the mall was already a location with a low signal strength (like one bar), a weak battery will cause the no service problem to happen. I have one bar in my office at work and started seeing the problem, yet when I walked outside the building I could connect, at least for awhile, then even that location wouldn't work. Put in a new battery and I can call inside the building again.

Paul
    This is not good. Just searching and found this thread. My phone has started to have this problem lately and today was the worst ever. Yesterday was the second worst day ever.

Is the only fix a new battery?

I'm pretty sure my phone is out of warranty.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast