Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultcomm
    After two weeks, the phone is working as if it were new, and I didn't have to buy another phone.... so far. For $25 I have fixed the problem that I anticipated would cost at least $250-400 for a refurbished replacement.
    Hi folks. I just wanted to chime in with a big THANK YOU!!!!!!

I also thought I was facing a new phone purchase; but thanks to you guys, I've replaced the battery and also feel like I have a brand new Treo.

Actually, since I got the 2000mAh battery off eBay, I feel like my Treo is better than new.

This is all such a huge relief, especially since Palm Tech Support was extremely snotty with me and wanted to charge me $25 just to talk to me. I refused to go that route, got the battery shipped for a total of $20, bought a torx bit for $1.09 and am a very happy camper.

Oh, btw, the battery I got from eBay came with an adhesive film on the back, so I didn't even need to get double stick tape! *joy*

Thanks again everybody. And let's spread the word about revitalizing the Treos.

Sam
    Actually try disconnecting the battery, and reconnecting it, (wiping the contacts) MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A BACKUP FIRST !
    I just bought a treo 600 off ebay to replace my nuked many times over 300 (got 2 boxes of parts LOL).

Same problem............esn does not fall within the before mentioned.

Actualy watched this happen.............phone was fine, then backlight dimmed for a few secs and the problem was back. Definitely a batt problem IMO.

Guess I'll pick up an ebay battery and give it a shot.

Thanks all, Kevin
    In my case the problem was not the battery but was the battery connector cable not fully seated on one end. It had wiggled loose.
    I just started having this same problem, called my rep that sold me the phone, and I'll have a replacement by the weekend. No questions asked. I have never had the issues with customer service others seem to have as I always go through my rep and she is WONDERFUL. When my charger quit charging awhile back, I emailed her and had a new one the next day.

I have a question though...I have the Treo 600 with Verizon. The Treo600 is no longer offered on their website...will I get another 600 or will they upgrade to the 650? I like the 600 and I don't want an upgrade, but if they don't offer it anymore, would they still have some in stock for warrantee replacement, has anyone had this problem and gotten upgraded? My warrentee expires in March.

Also wondering, assuming I get another 600...how do I transfer all my contacts and programs and whatnot? If I just snych with my old Treo software, will it use all the info in there, like my contacts, programs, etc? Or do I have to readd everything?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by serijules
    I just started having this same problem, called my rep that sold me the phone, and I'll have a replacement by the weekend. No questions asked. I have never had the issues with customer service others seem to have as I always go through my rep and she is WONDERFUL. When my charger quit charging awhile back, I emailed her and had a new one the next day.
    That's quite the service.

I have a question though...I have the Treo 600 with Verizon. The Treo600 is no longer offered on their website...will I get another 600 or will they upgrade to the 650? I like the 600 and I don't want an upgrade, but if they don't offer it anymore, would they still have some in stock for warrantee replacement, has anyone had this problem and gotten upgraded? My warrentee expires in March.
    I am willing to bet it will be a 600.

Also wondering, assuming I get another 600...how do I transfer all my contacts and programs and whatnot? If I just snych with my old Treo software, will it use all the info in there, like my contacts, programs, etc? Or do I have to readd everything?
    If it is just a 600-->600, then you should be able to just sync everything over.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

QUICK UPDATE. DO NOT BUY THIS OR ANY TREO PHONES. COMPANY SHOULD BE SUED FOR THIS MAJOR DEFECTIVE THAT NEVER GOES AWAY. BATTERY HELPED FOR A WEEK THEN THE SAME DEFECT HAPPENS AGAIN. BUY THE NEW TREO KILLERS COMING OUT SOON. MOTOROLA OR ANY OTHER COMPANY THAT ACTUALLY LIKES TO HAVE REPEAT AND SATISFIED CUSTOMERS. TREO IS OBSOLETE. AND SHOULD BE SUED IF NOT ALREADY.
    Sued for what? You made a thread about this already. Why should Palm be sued?
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

I was ready to hard-reset for the same reason! I've gone from soft-resets once every 2-3 months, to literally 6 times a day! My husband thought I picked up a virus from all the surfing I did on my Treo 600. My ESN falls within the listed 'bad' numbers.

My question is this: I actually have lockline...should I try the $20+ battery swap, or actually pay lockline $50 to replace my 600? Would I possibly get another phone that also does this, so then would that mean ANOTHER $50 replacement 6 months down the road? How would I prevent this from happening again? Can I request a good-ESN phone? Ugh.

TIA!
    Ok, so I did the $20 battery swap. Sprint in Sunnyvale, CA did it in 20min, free. Amazing difference! Can switch from phone to web without spontaneous resets, no more dropped calls in strong signal areas, connects to web within seconds, not minutes. I am a happy person! Hopefully, next time this happens, lockline will be handing out 650's, so I'll just replace it! Thanks, all.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234