1.    #1  
    Uhhh... did that Subject even make sense?

I should thank you guys for poking your head in out of curiosity.

Anyway, so when someone calls me from a number that isn't already in my phone book, the Treo gives me the option to Save the number after I end the call. However, it always defaults to "Work." Since that's not always the case, I then have to copy the phone number and paste it in the correct category.

The same situation arises when I go to my Call Log and just hit "Add Contact." Automatically goes to Work, which is rarely the correct category.

Is there any way to select which category the phone number goes to?

Also, is there any other way to save a contact other than hitting "New Contact," i.e. typing the number first, and then adding the contact, like other phones?

Thanks guys,

VNL.
    i thought you could just change the listing to the left of the phone number field from work to mobile, rather than copying and pasting the number

as for defaulting it, not sure...but i agree, i think it should be mobile :-)
    Unfortunately, I don't believe that there is any way to do this. I wish there was also an option to add a phone number to an existing contact from the phone log.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by creighton
    Unfortunately, I don't believe that there is any way to do this. I wish there was also an option to add a phone number to an existing contact from the phone log.
    Oh! You can't do that either?!! Damn it!

Quote Originally Posted by maoun
    i thought you could just change the listing to the left of the phone number field from work to mobile, rather than copying and pasting the number

as for defaulting it, not sure...but i agree, i think it should be mobile :-)
    Yeah, Maoun, you can do that, but then you have to change the other one, i.e. if you change "Work" to "Mobile," you gotta' scroll down and change "Mobile" to "Work"... and then it doesn't reorganize it, it keeps that order. So all your other contacts are in the order of W then M, but the one you changed is M then W. Easy opportunity to misdial.

Is there a Phonebook app that does do all these things that can be installed?

VNL.
    On the Treo 600, pressing the spacebar, while the favorite is highlighted, displays the other numbers from which you can choose.
    Maybe this would be some help.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover