1.    #1  
    I had to take out the battery from my Cingular phone, so I turned the phone off, then hit the power button again to turn the screen off. I took out the battery for about 60 seconds, then put it back in. When I turned the unit back on, it had forgotten all my preferences!

What did I do wrong?
    Nothing. It shouldn't lose you preferences when you remove the battery. Did you lose your synced information as well?
    Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    I have a Sprint 650, but we have had problems with them loosing the saved preferences. If you do not have back-up software like Backupman that backs up to the card, you can go to your palm back-up folder on your PC and get the saved preferences file and sync it back in to your 650.
    Mike G

Touch (Sprint)
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by creighton
    Did you lose your synced information as well?
    Hmmm...not sure what synced information is....do you mean my contacts...no they were still there.
    Quote Originally Posted by marc1
    Hmmm...not sure what synced information is....do you mean my contacts...no they were still there.
    You can go to the folder Programs and look for Palmone (or Handspring) and find a folder with an abbreviated version of you synch name. In that folder will be another folder called backup which is where all of your Treo programs are backed up (Ram). Find the file called Saved Preferences.prc. Install that file on your Treo and your preferences will return.

For some reason I periodically lose this file and I can restore all of my settings this way.
    Is SavedPreferences the file that stores all registration numbers? I've had that happen twice but with a restore from BackupMan everything was fine. If its one file, it will save me time next time.
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mtang64
    You can go to the folder Programs and look for Palmone (or Handspring) and find a folder with an abbreviated version of you synch name. In that folder will be another folder called backup which is where all of your Treo programs are backed up (Ram). Find the file called Saved Preferences.prc. Install that file on your Treo and your preferences will return.

For some reason I periodically lose this file and I can restore all of my settings this way.
    This didn't work for me. Is there a step that maybe I'm missing? If you hotsynch after losing the preferences and before trying to hotsync the file back to the T650, will the SavedPreferences.prc file be overwritten? In other words, is this a one-shot deal?
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
    yes it gets backed up with each sync and over written so its a one time thing...