Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    The thing works great out of the box. In fact I even prefer Versamail to Snappermail and will probably delete Snapper soon (the GUI and interface for Versa is better for me and I don't need the power of Snapper, although I'd kill for multiple signatures or template support due to my business needs). My Moto BT headset works great. Everything works great. I love this freaking thing, and it's helping me be more productive in my business. It's already paid for itself many times over in the first week I've had it (but then again a Blackberry would've accomplished the same feat). Eventually I'll probably buy Tom Tom, but that's as far as I'm likely to take it.

I suppose it could be lighter and thinner and only cost five dollars, but all in all I'm thrilled and much prefer it to the 600 I had for a very short period. I dunno, maybe I got lucky and mine was assembled by magic elves or something.

I have an unlocked GSM in case anyone cares.
    <<cricket chirp>>
    Oh come on, it's the middle of the night!

Yes, I think it's great too. Can't wait to get cradle from a discount source. I already use mine as my primary alarm clock.

Tom
    works great for me too, other than versamail, which is imho, S L O W when fetching gmail
    i've changed it to snapper, everything else, works great
    treo 650: on my hand nya nya nya!
    I've had little to no problems with mine. I just switched over from a Nokia 6620 + Clie UX50 combo and i'm glad that I only have to carry one device again.

The Treo 650 does a good job of being a phone and a PDA. I've had a few different combo devices in the past and i was never satisfied with the lackluster performance in either the phone side or pda side.
    I'm pretty happy with my T650.

It may have a few minor irritations, but all electronics do.

Before my T650, I lived with a Sanyo 8100 and Dell Axim X30 high combo.

The phone was great and the Axim rarely used. Infact, I hated the fraking thing. Couldn't get crap done with the quasi windoze interface. WiFi was crap. Never used Bluetooth until my T650.

The Axim will be hitting the Bay soon.
    This is my tagline. There are many like it but this one is mine.
    yes go away...lol kidding no i love my t650...i like versamail as it syncs with my home computer etc...the charging adaptor is stupid and small but this thingie is great
    I upgraded recently from the 600 and have had no real complaints about the 650 so far. The only thing I can see bothering me would be memory, but I'm not out yet!
    Hear hear!

Over the last few years I have tried 3 or 4 different "smart" phones. None of them really worked. As a business consultant, I am always on the move. To be able to carry one device that provides all my communication and organizer needs, plus a bit of entertainment, is a real bonus for me.

Yesterday, I was on the phone talking to a colleague, via my BT headset, while driving between appointments. She needed a phone number that was in my contact database. At a red light, while continuing the conversation, I was able to quickly SMS the number to her. At the next red light, I tapped in an appointment that we'd agreed on. Afterwards, I thought "wow, that would have been much more complex a few weeks ago, pre-650..."

I did not try the 600 because, at about the time that I was planning to try it, I heard that the 650 was coming out.

So, after 3 weeks of using the Treo 650, I am very happy with the way it works. Just today, I was showing my colleagues how easy it was to move around the various functions without using the stylus.

The only problems I have had have been caused by 3rd party apps. Once I deleted the trouble-makers, it has been almost problem free.

Good work PalmOne!

Regards
    Peter
  10. cec
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Very satisfied with my Treo 650. I upgraded from a 600.
  11. ceb
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    yep - once you get rid of a few errant applications, this thing is great. I'v had it two months now - one month without a reset......
    Cheers

Charles
    Despite some minor quirks, which at times come accross as not so minor (like the earpiece volume) I love my 650 as well. Never thought once about getting rid of it.
    Global Posts
    390 Global Posts
    I love my 650. No problems so far
    Waiting for Palm Pre on AT&T then can replace my iPhone. Needs Doc To Go and Flash

Mutley - Passed 4-18-06. A better friend one could not ask for!
    I love my 650! I only had an issue with a stuck key, but other than that it's done everything I expected it would. I like that I can have my favorite MP3's on it so I don't have to also lug around my iPod. I can take emailable photos (rarely get them printed) so I don't have to lug around my digital camera. I can check email, surf the web and use AIM while sitting in DC traffic or waiting at the doctors office......I love the thing.
    Few bugs in VersaMail, that somehow have disappeared. Now, everything is working great. Add in the LJB NES, SNES and Genesis emulator and I'm VERY happy.

Just like the 600, it's just going to take me three months of playing around with the customization options to get everything perfect.
    Overall I am happy with the 650. One legitimate complaint is the lack of volume on the speakerphone function. You have to admit that the Treo comes up way short in that department.
    Yes you are.

Quote Originally Posted by jflynn
    The thing works great out of the box. In fact I even prefer Versamail to Snappermail and will probably delete Snapper soon (the GUI and interface for Versa is better for me and I don't need the power of Snapper, although I'd kill for multiple signatures or template support due to my business needs). My Moto BT headset works great. Everything works great. I love this freaking thing, and it's helping me be more productive in my business. It's already paid for itself many times over in the first week I've had it (but then again a Blackberry would've accomplished the same feat). Eventually I'll probably buy Tom Tom, but that's as far as I'm likely to take it.

I suppose it could be lighter and thinner and only cost five dollars, but all in all I'm thrilled and much prefer it to the 600 I had for a very short period. I dunno, maybe I got lucky and mine was assembled by magic elves or something.

I have an unlocked GSM in case anyone cares.
    Treo 700p, 650p 600p, 300p, IIIc, III, Vx, USR Palm Pilot, Newton Message Pad 130, Newton Message Pad 120, (Was there a MP 100?), HP Calculator, Pencil and Paper, Chisel and Rock ....
    No you are not alone. I love it and was an experienced power user of the 600. Over 95% of the issues listed on this forum are software, not TREO 650 related. But humans, by nature, blame what they understand the least.
    Whatever... mine goes back today. Too many calls crashing the phone and spontaneous reboots..... Will be back for Treo 700... though maybe Apple's phone will come out by then ... now that would be an interesting fight!
    This is the best smartphone out there, BAR NONE. I'm so glad not to be doing the two-three device shuffle (Cingular, what took you so long to release this gem). Other than poor alerts in Versamail (you have to leave the stupid chirping system alerts on to get Versamail notices), this thing has been problem free. And yes, I do have thrid party apps loaded (Docs to Go 7; DateBk5; etc).
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast