1.    #1  
    I have been Hotsyncing with my laptop at work exclusively. I want to also Hotsync with my desktop at home. Can I simply install the Palm Desktop software on my desktop and sync with the same Hotsync ID?
    Yup!

I had the same question a couple of weeks back and found it it's really simple. The only caveat: don't modify your data on your desktop and your laptop and your Treo - if so, I heard the HotSync freaks and doesn't know how to handle all of the differences.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unlocked GSM Treo 650 | T-Mobile
    Received: 2/10/2005
    That should work. I hotsync with 3 computers, all using the same Hotsync ID with no problems. (My work desktop, my Mac laptop, and my IBM Thinkpad.) I don't use the Palm desktop, but use Outlook on the 2 PCs and the Apple Address Book and iCal on the Mac but I don't think it matters. The one thing to be careful of us how/when you sync. Don't make changes in 2 places at the same time or you could get duplicates, but otherwise should work like a charm and it's a great way to keep everything up-to-date and in sync.
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
    I HotSync to two computers, a PowerBook G4 and a Mac G5. With the PowerBook I have set HotSync settings to "Synchronize" but on the G5, the settings are all "Palm Overides Desktop". This prevents the conflict issue described above. Of course, I can only make new entries and changes on the Treo 650 and the PowerBook. The Mac G5 is effectively "read only".
    I might suggest using a program call GoSync, for Windows, so you can setup which conduits you want to sync. In my office I sync with Outlook. At home is where I generally sync with my other apps and do installs. By setting up the different profile syncs, I just right click on the GoSync icon in the system tray and choose which one I want to use. Makes the syncing MUCH faster when you are not syncing every conduit. This also has kept me from getting duplicate data in Outlook.
  6.    #6  
    Thanks to everyone for their helpful comments. JohnH59, I can do this with p1's Hotsync manager...is there something that GoSync provides that the p1 version does not? Also, for everyone, should I set the conduits to "Handheld overwrites desktop" for the initial sync (I fear losing all of my data!) or will it just automatically do that?