Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have read how good the Kinoma Player and Producer are, but I just looked and it's $50 for the two of them. That seems a little steep, no?
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
    It is steep, but I was lucky and pgraded for $25. I Use both mmplayer and Kinoma and the new version of Kinom w/mp4 is really worth while. I have never had my treo crash on me with kinoma, but mmplayer does often....

-CK
    Don't get Kinoma Producer. You don't necessarily need it. There is nothing in Kinoma producer that you can't do with the correct codec(s) and VirtualDub, an open-source video editor.
    Quote Originally Posted by ckonkel
    It is steep, but I was lucky and pgraded for $25. I Use both mmplayer and Kinoma and the new version of Kinom w/mp4 is really worth while. I have never had my treo crash on me with kinoma, but mmplayer does often....

-CK
    I agree, I am a Kinoma believer
    Doesn't producer come with the player? The demo version I have does.

L
    Te >T3 > T3 > Zod2 > Z72 > waiting for t650
    Quote Originally Posted by worker4youth
    Don't get Kinoma Producer. You don't necessarily need it. There is nothing in Kinoma producer that you can't do with the correct codec(s) and VirtualDub, an open-source video editor.
    While this may be true, it's a real pain to make small movies that work perfectly without it. You can encode movies that will work at very high quality settings with one drag and click.

I've had many issues with Pocket DVD Studia and MMPlayer that I just gave it up. Kinoma has always worked for me when encoding AVI's. Unless there's a way to add support for additional codecs it can's recode MPGs or VCDs. I'm also still trying to find an easy way to encode an unencrypted DVD straight from kinoma. If Kinoma supported MPEG2 then I'm sure I could get it working.

Kinoma player NEEDS some features to adjust brightness and contrast. For some reason movies play very dark on the 650's.

Finally, $50 is a total rip. I thought the $20 was inclusive of the player and encoder- I was very upset when I found out I had to pay even more. I'm over it. Hopefully they'll do some significant upgrades soon without charging more.
    Moved.
    Does anyone know if Kinoma Producer can convert commercial DVDs (for example Seinfeld episodes) that I own? I couldn't find information about copyright protected DVDs on their website.
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    No.
  10.    #10  
    So, would you Kinoma supporters & owners pay $50 right now knowing what you know now?
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Retired Treo 650
    Very nice all in one package... If download movies via peer to peer, it works out well, but if you want to rip DVDs, you need a third-party app, so all you nees is the player (but if you find the third party application difficult to tweak for the player, then just re-hash after you rip DVD (say DIVX) through producer and use its settings.)

-CK
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by ckonkel
    Very nice all in one package... If download movies via peer to peer, it works out well, but if you want to rip DVDs, you need a third-party app, so all you nees is the player (but if you find the third party application difficult to tweak for the player, then just re-hash after you rip DVD (say DIVX) through producer and use its settings.)

-CK
    What formats can I drop into Producer for it to work? I am currently trying Mactheripper & QuicktimePro.
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Retired Treo 650
    I'm using Kinoma Producer AFTER I rip commercial DVD's with SmartRipper and convert them to AVI's.
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    ok guys what setting do you use to convert files with KP?

I basically left the setting as is other that FPS. at 15 audio/video are out of syn. at 24, it is in sync, but video freezes every so often. then sync is lost until i pause and paly.

thank you.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  15.    #15  
    Felipe, you paid $50 for Kinoma and it still doesn't work right? That's not too encouraging...
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Retired Treo 650
    Quote Originally Posted by stringbeanie
    Does anyone know if Kinoma Producer can convert commercial DVDs (for example Seinfeld episodes) that I own? I couldn't find information about copyright protected DVDs on their website.
    use DVD Decrypter
    1 | 2
    Quote Originally Posted by MacUser
    Felipe, you paid $50 for Kinoma and it still doesn't work right? That's not too encouraging...
    i dont think i paid $50 (upgrade), but i'm sure i just need to play with the settings to get the sync right.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    I use 240k and 15 frames per second. Works fine. Oh, and 96kHz stereo in case it's a stereo thingie.

Tom
    OK. . . this thread runs through many forums, but without actual answers and I am hoping by bringing the subject up again that someone out there has worked this out: How to move from a dvd in a Mac's drive (legally purchased, of course) to a file that can be played by Kinoma Player on a Treo 650.
    Kinoma producer is wonderful at compressing preformatted .mp4 movies that are already in downloadable format (http://www.archive.org/movies/movies.php -- fabulous old black and white films that are legal to download and compress-Reefer Madness, etc.) But I cannot seem to get KP to compress either .mp4 or avi out of Handbrake, which I believe produces more complexly coded versions of .mp4 files.
    The problem seems to be that those of us who are on a Mac are limited to KP as a compressor for the files, but perhaps I am wrong in this and someone knows the actual settings to use out of Handbrake to format and play properly on the 650.
    Someone has mentioned using KProducer to compress AVI files, but I get an error message about the sound when I try to process a Handbrake AVI file in KP. Any and all suggestions would be enormously appreciated!!!!!!!
    [QUOTE=lianne@prodigy.]OK. . . this thread runs through many forums, but without actual answers ...QUOTE]

Here's what I use on Mac to get files that work just fine without any problems...

1) MacTheRipper (freeware) to convert DVD to Video TS files
    2) DVision3 (freeware) to convert Video TS files to AVI
    3) Kinoma Producer to convert AVI to mp4 to be played on the Treo.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast