1.    #1  
    I have one of the decent sprint treos that rarely ever crashes, freezes, or resets. Recently I decided to upload some new games, a friend beamed me the 64k game "police.prc" which worked great on her 600. a soon as the beam went through I was confronted with reset loop after loop. I had files from work saved on my treo so a hard reset was not an option.I read earlier post about warm reset.which disable apps so u can figure out the problem without losing data. I preformed a warm reset. which took me to the phone app,but as soon as I hit the home button, the resets started again with even more fury.

I preformed another warm reset.
    went to an unused favorites tab.
    created a link to Filez.
    connected to filez.
    deleted the police game.
    preformed soft reset. waahlaa

all went back to normal. all without a hard rest.

People if your gonna download files, make sure you download Filez first. its free and its saved my treo.
    Wow, I wish you had told me this earlier...I am in reset loop hell....
    Just wanted to say thanks...On a long shot I decided to try to hotsync Filez even though it was in a reset loop....and it worked. Everyone out there should download this app and donate heavily to the cause it saved me a lot of trouble...
    Can you explain in a bit more detail how you accessed filez? I'm not sure what favorites tab you are referring to.

And by the way, does anyone here know what the three icons in filez mean? I think if the first one is present it means that file is in ROM - but I have no idea about the other two.

Thanks.

Floater
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by floater
    Can you explain in a bit more detail how you accessed filez? I'm not sure what favorites tab you are referring to.

And by the way, does anyone here know what the three icons in filez mean? I think if the first one is present it means that file is in ROM - but I have no idea about the other two.

Thanks.

Floater
    in your phone app where the buttons are displayed, contacts, call log, web, get bc, etc. you should continue scrolling down until you have a blank button. click on the button and you will see an add favorite screen,

Change type to application
    change label to Filez
    Delete latest installed apps

all should be okay. good luck
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by PunkAce
    Just wanted to say thanks...On a long shot I decided to try to hotsync Filez even though it was in a reset loop....and it worked. Everyone out there should download this app and donate heavily to the cause it saved me a lot of trouble...

Thanks, yeah this app may be the most important must have app for this device. Donate people...its worth it