1.    #1  
    Is anyone else missing calls and or messages when your phone is muted? I have the following settings set and I am still missing calls.

1. Options > Sound Pref > Application > Phone >Sound Mode Off > Vibrate > ON

2. Options > Sound Pref > Application > Msg >Sound Mode Off > Vibrate > ON

The reason why this is so important is because the sound output of my T650 speaker is very faint and I never hear it when I get a call and or a message.
  2.    #2  
    Am I the only one that is experiencing this problem?
    If you're missing calls because the sound output is too low, why do you have it OFF altogether?
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    Why are you surprised that you are missing calls when your sound is completely off and your ringer is on vibrate? The vibrate mode is useless unless you have the Treo in your hands.

Or did you mean your calls are going straight to the voicemail?
    Ed
    Visor Deluxe, Prism, Visorphone, Treo 270, Treo 600, Treo 650, and am eagerly waiting for the next generation Treo...but wait...is that the iPhone????
  5.    #5  
    @MarkEagle, the sound it all the way up, I used the switch at the top of the T650 to mute the phone.

@Treo Rat, My T650 stays on my hip in my belt clip. It doesn't even vibrate, at least I don't think so.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Why don't you purchase the Butler application, as it provides you with settings to optimize your notifications of incoming calls, text and instant messages, and voice mail notifications. You can set how many times the alert sounds as well as vibrates, you can repeat it a number of times you specify, and how often you want to notifcation to occur. The Butler even customizes your LED to turn it off and when a notification or whatever occurs, the LED will then flash according to your preference. This application is excellent and it includes other features too. It is well worth the $12.00 and it doesn't cause any resets to my 650. Hope I could help.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackFLux
    @MarkEagle, the sound it all the way up, I used the switch at the top of the T650 to mute the phone.

@Treo Rat, My T650 stays on my hip in my belt clip. It doesn't even vibrate, at least I don't think so.
    I'm still not clear what your problem is.

Don't flame for this but if your ringer switch is on mute, the phone WILL NOT ring. It will only vibrate, but like I said, you will hardly feel the vibration. If your Treo is in its case, you will definitely NOT feel the vibration at all.

Are you wondering why the phone did not ring because the ringer is on mute?
    Ed
    Visor Deluxe, Prism, Visorphone, Treo 270, Treo 600, Treo 650, and am eagerly waiting for the next generation Treo...but wait...is that the iPhone????
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    It is kinda strange that BlackFLux wonders why his 650 doesn't make a ringing sound when he has the switch in the mute position. The switch is doing its job man ! And in regards to my previous post to help him out, I might not have emphasized enough that he can configure the vibrate mode using the Butler application so that the missed alerts using multiple vibrates can be significantly reduced. As far as BlackFLux keeping his 650 on his hip and not being sure if it vibrated or not, that is a varying issue. It could be the hardware itself or he might have a real thick case. I use a leather pouch and never miss a vibration alert.