1.    #1  
    Anyone else from Hawaii place an order for a "free" 128 MB card? Apparently they have to charge a $14.50 shipping fee for a 1 ounce SD card because there is no free ground shipping to Hawaii. Obviously I was pretty pissed and told them that it's ridiculous that I have to pay to "fix" an inherent problem with their product. The Palm representative said they would get back to me.
    old news
    treo 650: on my hand nya nya nya!
    something that can be mailed with a 32 cent postage stamp....LOL
    and that's all they do too...It comes in a good old fashioned first class bubble mailer...no special shipping is needed here...You're getting ripped.
    Get double the memory for half of what they want ( after rebate ) : http://www.ecost.com/ecost/ecsplash/...sp?dpno=763471
    1 | 2
    Who cares about this minutia...attention should be focussed on P1 delivering fixes and enhancements to PalmOS to make the Treo 650 user experience better for all of us.
    Quote Originally Posted by tcjohnsson
    Anyone else from Hawaii place an order for a "free" 128 MB card? Apparently they have to charge a $14.50 shipping fee for a 1 ounce SD card because there is no free ground shipping to Hawaii. Obviously I was pretty pissed and told them that it's ridiculous that I have to pay to "fix" an inherent problem with their product. The Palm representative said they would get back to me.
    i had a post about this a while ago as they said the same to me.. i just had them send it to a friend on the mainland and had my friend just send it usps.. i don't think they will budge on this.. bastards...
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by tlser20det
    i had a post about this a while ago as they said the same to me.. i just had them send it to a friend on the mainland and had my friend just send it usps.. i don't think they will budge on this.. bastards...

Sure, I can ship it to my sister in Long Beach and have her send it to me but why put her through the hassle? I won't let them take me for this. Nowhere is there a disclaimer about shipping outside the contiguous US (which they have to include if they want to discriminate against us non-contiguous folks) Here is how it reads -

"We understand that this is not an optimal solution for our power users, and palmOne is committed to providing a great experience for all our users. Therefore, we hope to improve the user experience by making available a free 128MB SD expansion card to Treo 650 purchasers on request to help with memory management.

Only one SD card is allowed per order. If you have multiple devices you will need to order each SD card separately. Each order will require an individual Treo 650 smartphone serial number and its associated ID number. If you would like to purchase other items from the Treo Store, you can add them to this order. Your entire order will receive free standard shipping, and is expected to ship within 1 - 2 weeks. Offer valid while supplies last. Only one order per Treo 650 smartphone serial number and its associated ID number."

There is NO fine print omitting Hawaii or Alaska so I have a good argument.
    I didn't get charged shipping on my card from Palm that they sent out free. Are you sure you are correct they charged you $14.50? This sounds suspicious to me...I suspect this person requested some special shipping method. Also they would have had to given you that figure before completing the order were you that stupid to pay $14.50 to have it shipped?
  10.    #10  
    are you in HAWAII???
    Sure, I can ship it to my sister in Long Beach and have her send it to me but why put her through the hassle? I won't let them take me for this. Nowhere is there a disclaimer about shipping outside the contiguous US (which they have to include if they want to discriminate against us non-contiguous folks) Here is how it reads -

"We understand that this is not an optimal solution for our power users, and palmOne is committed to providing a great experience for all our users. Therefore, we hope to improve the user experience by making available a free 128MB SD expansion card to Treo 650 purchasers on request to help with memory management.

Only one SD card is allowed per order. If you have multiple devices you will need to order each SD card separately. Each order will require an individual Treo 650 smartphone serial number and its associated ID number. If you would like to purchase other items from the Treo Store, you can add them to this order. Your entire order will receive free standard shipping, and is expected to ship within 1 - 2 weeks. Offer valid while supplies last. Only one order per Treo 650 smartphone serial number and its associated ID number."

There is NO fine print omitting Hawaii or Alaska so I have a good argument.
    i know, i told them the same thing.. i even spoke with the supervisor and called to get a different csr, but they still said the same thing. they told me they could ONLY ship overnight to hawaii, which is BS, so that cancels out the "standard" shipping.. i know its crap.. everyone else does the same thing with shipping to us.. i hope you get through to them though.
    Quote Originally Posted by SofTTware
    Who cares about this minutia...attention should be focussed on P1 delivering fixes and enhancements to PalmOS to make the Treo 650 user experience better for all of us.
    Clear focus in the midst of free SD card mania? That's odd. LOL

I agree with you. Attention should be on the fixes, not the cheap bribes.
    TCJohnson: The text you quote says "free STANDARD shipping." There is no "standard" shipping to Hawaii, so they're not violating the terms of their offer.

Some things just aren't worth getting so worked up about, IMHO. If you want the card, have them send it to Long Beach. It's not really that much of a hassle. If you don't really care about the card, then just drop it. There are far bigger things to get mad at Palm about.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by J0V3
    something that can be mailed with a 32 cent postage stamp....LOL
    Where are you located that postage costs you 32 cents?
    That is the penalty for people living in Hawaii. You need to pay for living in paradise.

hey i know EXACTLY how you feel. i HATE when we always get the short end of the stick for living in hawaii. i was shocked when i went to order my "free" sd card and it came out to $14.50 for shipping. since USPS does not do pickups, these guys do not want to go to the post office to mail a package like that so they always say fedex or ups to hawaii. i can't believe overnight though. whats wrong with 2nd day air. i know even that is ridiculous, but why force us to use overnight.

i'm glad you called them and voiced your opinion.