Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sbdaigo
    I just had my HBH-660 replaced and I believe that Sony sent me a newer version because the paper work on this one mentions the 662 and my other did not. The new one works even better than the other 660 I had, so at the least, we are getting good choices.
    sbdaigo

Please provide a comparision between the Treo and Sony. I'm ready to purchase a BT headset and it's between these two.

Thanks.
    Just checked with PalmOne. The CSR said back orrders will be shipped out tomorrow as a shipment is coming then. Lets hope they ship them tomorrow.
    OK, should I order BT headset number 3 or not???

???
    Nanotechnology Nerd
    i300-->i330-->i500-->6700(1 wk!)-->Sprintt650-->gsm650-->HTC Universal (1 mo.)-->gsm650-->Cing8525(3wks!)-->gsm650
    Quote Originally Posted by dwmffp
    lep354, Does the headset come with anyway to carry on the belt?

Nope, it doesn't come with any kind of case. I am going to look for some sort of pouch bag, as I will be using it mostly in the car and want to give it some protection and "insulation" during hot months.
    Here is my report:

Hate to disappoint you guys on the new Treo Headset but mine is going back.

It takes too long to answer after I hit the answer button. Sometimes I hit it twice due to the long delay in connection and disconnect the call. With some calls it doesn't pickup at all. I have used the sony HBH 660 and the Scala 500 with no problems so its not my phone.

The volume is not as good as the scala. Not loud enough for me in my Infinity G35 Coupe (a little noisey inside). The worst part is that the people on the other end say that it doesn't sound as good as the Scala. Very disappointed.

Back to my Scala. My first report was when I first received it and used in my house. The results are very different in the car.
    Quote Originally Posted by fishnetb
    Here is my report:

It takes too long to answer after I hit the answer button. Sometimes I hit it twice due to the long delay in connection and disconnect the call. With some calls it doesn't pickup at all. I have used the sony HBH 660 and the Scala 500 with no problems so its not my phone.

The volume is not as good as the scala. Not loud enough for me in my Infinity G35 Coupe (a little noisey inside). The worst part is that the people on the other end say that it doesn't sound as good as the Scala. Very disappointed.

Back to my Scala. My first report was when I first received it and used in my house. The results are very different in the car.
    Too long? It takes one ring to answer...I don't know about the Scala but I don't see why you need it quicker than that. I haven't noticed any difference in a car (330ci), outside, inside...it's all been clear for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by tcatnat
    Yes, I can inititate the call by pressing the side button and speaking into the Treo, about 2 seconds later my Scala 500 picks up the ringing and I am off into the wonderful world of BT heaven. Well, not so wonderfull with my current Scala.

Anyway, you are correct, you cannot inititate the call from a BT headset.
    I knew anout the Scala doing it....but I understand not all headsets do.....I was specifically wondering about the Treo branded headset ...the one which is the subject of this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by dstevens

Please provide a comparision between the Treo and Sony. I'm ready to purchase a BT headset and it's between these two.
    As I have narrowed my choices down to the Sony 662 and the Treo branded headset also......such a comparison would be nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by fishnetb
    Here is my report:

my experiences with the new treo headset has been the opposite. i have no problems with it. people on the other end couldn't even tell that i was on a headset.
    Last edited by linc; 03/16/2005 at 01:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by linc
    my experiences with the new treo headset has been the opposite. i have no problems with it. people on the other end couldn't even tell that i was on a headset.
    DITTO
    I have been using my new Treo Headset for about 2 days now. Sound quality for me is great, especialy when used with BT Mute to up the volumn. I am also pleased with the size, although it will take me some time to warm up to the way the speaker sits in the ear. I am changing from a Jabra 250, and do prefer the form factor of the 250 and the way the ear-gel fits.

The only issue that I have come accross seems to be related the TreoGuard. I have TreoGuard set to turn off my screen after 2 mins. When this kicks in, the volumn on the headset drops to low, way to low to be heard well. Re-activating the screen does not push the volumn back up. I tried using the headset without TreoGuard running and the problem went away.

Does anyone know if there are any accessories available for the Treo Headset? A co-worker just received his Scala 500, and I am a bit jealous of the neck lanyard and lanyard/belt clip attachment. Matt, I know your reading this =)

CGordonn
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    Why such the varied experiences with different headsets? I have a Scala and have had problems with it (sent it back for an exchange today) while ohters report crystal clear. Some are reporting crystal clear on the Treo Wireless Headset and still others report static and other issues.

Is the technology so complex that such variation should be expected?
    Great first impression...very loud, clear and can walk around the roon with it on the desk on it sound fine!!

more later
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    can walk around the roon with it on the desk
    Doesn't that desk get heavy hanging off your ear???
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkEagle
    Doesn't that desk get heavy hanging off your ear???

LOL. good one Mark!
    Nanotechnology Nerd
    i300-->i330-->i500-->6700(1 wk!)-->Sprintt650-->gsm650-->HTC Universal (1 mo.)-->gsm650-->Cing8525(3wks!)-->gsm650
    I am comparing the Treo Headset "without BTMute" to my Scala 500 .The Scala is much louder clearer on both ends and it connects to the 650 much faster. Have the people giving positive comments been able to compare the Treo Headset to the Scala 500?
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    Great first impression...very loud, clear and can walk around the roon with it on the desk on it sound fine!!

more later
    "Very Loud" without the mute? if so, what happens when the glitch is activated on its own? ...
    Spoke to PalmOne just after midnite CSR said he's screen was showing estimated time to delivery of 14 days
    My two cents..Just got it today and have used it for about 2 hours on and off.
    I am new to the whole bluetooth thing (meaning I havent had 3 other headsets..two other BT phones etc.)
    I wish I had a better way to compare what the standard SHOULD be like for the BT thing, but heres my review. Let me just compare it to the standard phone itself.

New Treo headset compared to:
    1. The treo 650 phone (no headsets): My standard phone is ok. Volume could be better..but ok. BT headset about the same volume wise- liveable with the mute trick. BT crackles and pops quite a bit (I was hoping for better)...range is so so. I can move about my office..but cracks and pop get a little - to quite a bit worse depending on how/where I am standing. If I put my phone in my front pants pocket..it's not really acceptable quality wise.
    2. My jabra boom wired headset with eargel works great compared to the standard phone and way better than BT. I wish I could report better news.
    Do I just stick with the wires...

Someone mentioned something about doing a repair? What is this all about?

Quote Originally Posted by sbdaigo
    OK, I have made a few calls on mine and I have to say, which I hate to, mine crackles like my other Jabra did. Not as bad, very clear if the phone is to the right of me bla bla, bla - but turn from it and I don’t have good luck at all. You can go through walls with the SE 660 - no joke. It is still new, I will repair - sometimes that can help, but as of right now I am not at all where BigEvan is .... so that’s my story - and for now I have to stick to it.
    I ordered my Treo BT Headset. It says it backordered so I don't know when I will get it. I just hope the volume is louder. I currently use a Motorola HS820. It works fantastic in every way and is very comfortable. But, the volume is like someone whispering in your ear. Did they test this thing before they made it? It's fine if you're sitting in a library, but anything else and I start to strain to hear.

At first I thought Motorola made this Treo Headset. It looks similar to the HS820 that I have. However, I noticed on CNET's website that Jabra is introducing new headsets. One of them is the BT350 which looks strikingly similar to the Treo Headset. I wonder if this is what it was based on?

Here's a link to CNET's article:

http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-3504_7-...html?tag=story
Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast