Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
    OH SHOOT im late for court LOL
    i have to be honest though...im a person who likes in your ear types, and not this type, however if it is as good as people say it is, i will definately jump on it
    lol, seaflipper
    Hey ya'll...I have been using the headset all day. Here are my new impressions. STILL really light. Call quality is pristine! Its extremely clear. I used it in the car with the windows half way down as well as walking around outside and the call volume was perfect. It was set to the highest setting but it probably didn't even need to be it sounds great. Answering has been easy, I even sucesfully pulled of a call waiting. And holding the button down for two seconds when in standby calls the last number you dialed. Only problem is that its a little floppy but I haven't had any issues with comfort its light to the point where you dont even feel it. Its perdy neat. I thought bluetooth was supposed to suck on the 650...not so with this bad boy.

Evan
    As much as I want to believe in BigEvan, I'm hoping we can get some feedback from others who've gotten the new Treo headset.

I guess I've just been burned too many times after going through 3 BT headsets (and reading about others' similar experiences) that ended up being a POS in terms of call clarity and range (remember when the Scala 500 was supposed to be the end-all, be-all of headsets for the 650?).
    Quote Originally Posted by BigEvan23
    Hey ya'll...I have been using the headset all day.

Evan
    Have you had a chance to try it with Voice Signal's Voice Dial ? I know you can't use Voice Dial to dial out but I am wondering if you can initiate a call with the Treo and then switch to the headset.

I'd really like to see this paired with the GN Netcom 6210 instead of the jabra 250. That way I can use the same headset for office phone, Office PC and cell phone.

http://www.mobileburn.com/review.jsp?Id=1078

Pictures on last page.
    Quote Originally Posted by TREOpalooza
    As much as I want to believe in BigEvan, I'm hoping we can get some feedback from others who've gotten the new Treo headset.

I guess I've just been burned too many times after going through 3 BT headsets (and reading about others' similar experiences) that ended up being a POS in terms of call clarity and range (remember when the Scala 500 was supposed to be the end-all, be-all of headsets for the 650?).
    So far...I think its the real deal. I'm sure that there will be comfort issues for some people. Some people are just complainers, thats a given...however, from a functionality standpoint this device leaves very little to be desired. I guess the fact that I feel it is so comfortable is just icing on the cake. I hope there are others out there that can confirm how good this sucker is cause I doubt I'm the only one that has one and one that works this well on top of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigEvan23
    So far...I think its the real deal. I'm sure that there will be comfort issues for some people. Some people are just complainers, thats a given...however, from a functionality standpoint this device leaves very little to be desired. I guess the fact that I feel it is so comfortable is just icing on the cake. I hope there are others out there that can confirm how good this sucker is cause I doubt I'm the only one that has one and one that works this well on top of that.
    Mine should be here tommorrow and I will be back with my comments as soon as it's charged and setup!
    Siemens S46 -> Siemens S56 -> Motorola MPx200 -> Moto v600 -> Audiovox SMT5600 -> Treo 650 -> Motorola Q (14 days) -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700w -> Treo 750
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Could you use this with a Treo 600 and Jabra A210?
    Quote Originally Posted by Midwife
    Could you use this with a Treo 600 and Jabra A210?
    Assuming you mean the little headset adapter thing, I don't see why not. The new Treo headset is simply an Jabra BT 330 that has been optimized (hopefully) for the Treo650. PalmOne says it will work with other Bluetooth devices so it should work with your adapter.
    Siemens S46 -> Siemens S56 -> Motorola MPx200 -> Moto v600 -> Audiovox SMT5600 -> Treo 650 -> Motorola Q (14 days) -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700w -> Treo 750
    Hey BigEvan,

Can you try it with the treo in your jean's pocket (both on the same side of your body and on opposite sides)? Any static in either of the two test cases?

Thanks in advance...
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    where do I get one of these bad boys???
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*
    I should get mine today and report back.
    BigEvan, thanks for the usefull feedback.

Another great advantage of the headset is that it uses the same connector as the Treo 650 so actually I don't have to buy an extra power adapter for my Treo 650 at work, because it's already included in the Headset package !
    The volume issue is going to be huge, and therefore I'd like to hear everyone's opinion of the power behind this thing. I guess since it's Treo branded, it would work with the 650 pretty well, volume problem and all.
    Quote Originally Posted by mansouan
    Hey BigEvan,

Can you try it with the treo in your jean's pocket (both on the same side of your body and on opposite sides)? Any static in either of the two test cases?

Thanks in advance...
    I didn't notice a difference between the two positions. The instruction booklet suggests placing the phone in a pocket on the same side of the headset. Both sounded very clear.

Evan
    BigEvans23,

Does it answer call waiting?
    Yep it can do it. All you have to do is hold down on the multi function button 2 seconds and it picks up the second call, then you do it again to retrieve the previous call. I think that if you wanna conference you have to do that on the phone itself. Oh and the blue light on the side that blinks when the phone is on is REALLY bright, as is the case with most blue lights on bluetooth headsets.
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    The volume issue is going to be huge, and therefore I'd like to hear everyone's opinion of the power behind this thing. I guess since it's Treo branded, it would work with the 650 pretty well, volume problem and all.
    The volume is very good with the headset. In fact, I have been keeping the volume to around half way when indoors and 3/4 strength when in the car.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    sweetness, I just ordered mine today from P1.
    Hope it lives up to Evan's report.
    thanks!
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*
    I think I may be leaning toward this thing. I have a Cardo right now, but I'm so addicted to gadgets...
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast