Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rudychow
    As it turns out, the Treo Wireless Headset is neither a clone of the Jabra BT300 nor the Motorola HS820. It is actually a knock-off of the recently released Jabra BT330 (which makes sense as BT v1.2 headsets are only starting to surface). Apart from the nice feature of being able to share the same charger as the Treo 650, I can't tell any more difference between the two.

Check out the BT330 here:
    http://www.bluejackq.com/aws/amazon_...YG&templates=2
    And I thought the Treo BT one looked familiar too! Jabra is actually owned by GN Netcom, so GN Netcom is the actual OEM of this device. My very first BT headset was the Siemens "Shark" BT headset which was actually the same as the Jabra BT 300:

http://www.infosyncworld.com/reviews/n/3861.html

It was actually a pretty darn good headset and worked very well with my Siemens S56 until I drove over it with my car! I have pretty good confidence that GN Netcom/Jabra would have optimzied this for the Treo650.
    Siemens S46 -> Siemens S56 -> Motorola MPx200 -> Moto v600 -> Audiovox SMT5600 -> Treo 650 -> Motorola Q (14 days) -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700w -> Treo 750
    Palmone just notified me that my Treo Headset just shipped. I'll report back once I get it.
    Yep...mine shipped on Friday..I too will post, should be here Monday.

Evan
    Good news for Dutch (& European ?) Treo 650 users, this new headset will be offered to you for free if you buy the Treo before the 31th of March !! (I already ordered mine )

(on the other hand, the free SD card offer in the US is not available to us)
    I'd love to find a BT headset that works consistently. I look forward to hearing all of your experiences with it.
    I have one question for anyone that has this headset-- can you charge it on the Treo car charger?
    Quote Originally Posted by mc2714
    can you charge it on the Treo car charger?
    Yes... it uses the same charger connector as the 650.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    First thing...its really light. My previous bluetooth headset was certainly much heavier (hbh-30...don't flame ive had it for 4 years). Palm One includes a charger, travel outlet adaptors, and a nylon palm one bag along with the headset. Pairing the device was a breeze, nothing atypical here. Call volume indoors and outdoors has been more than fine without any type of eargel. The headset has performed well I haven't tested out the range but incomming calls answered as soon as I pressed the button or immediately if I had the option set up in handsfree. Putting a call on hold is easily done too...you just have to hold the multifunction button down for 2 seconds and repeat when you want to pick it up. I found the earpiece really comfortable. Its so light that you honestly forget that you are wearing it. Here are some pics. Ill answer any more questions you have. I took the pics with the 650 so pardon the quality.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Is the ear hook bendable?? like the scala.
    Ordered mine form P1 Friday, received it in the mail today (USPS Priority). Little baby is charging up right now =)

CGordonn
    Quote Originally Posted by BigEvan23
    First thing...its really light. My previous bluetooth headset was certainly much heavier (hbh-30...don't flame ive had it for 4 years). Palm One includes a charger, travel outlet adaptors, and a nylon palm one bag along with the headset. Pairing the device was a breeze, nothing atypical here. Call volume indoors and outdoors has been more than fine without any type of eargel. The headset has performed well I haven't tested out the range but incomming calls answered as soon as I pressed the button or immediately if I had the option set up in handsfree. Putting a call on hold is easily done too...you just have to hold the multifunction button down for 2 seconds and repeat when you want to pick it up. I found the earpiece really comfortable. Its so light that you honestly forget that you are wearing it. Here are some pics. Ill answer any more questions you have. I took the pics with the 650 so pardon the quality.
    How does it fit on your ear? If you shake your head does it feel like it's going to fall off or a little floppy? Or is it solid?

I hope mine arrives today too! Good to hear about the incoming call speed, my HS850 takes like 5-6 rings to answer and that is just not acceptable!
    Siemens S46 -> Siemens S56 -> Motorola MPx200 -> Moto v600 -> Audiovox SMT5600 -> Treo 650 -> Motorola Q (14 days) -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700w -> Treo 750
    It feels secure. It isn't very floppy if you want to move it, its easily adjustable. I tried running with it and it wasn't super rigid but it never felt like it was going to fall off. When a call comes in and you have the auto answer feature disabled it takes about a half a ring to a full ring to pick up when manually pressing the answer button. So its quite quick. All in all I like it very much. Kinda makes me forget about what coulda been with the BT 800. (its odd how a 1.2 jabra device works so well in the palm headset but the 800 sucks so much).

Evan
    Quote Originally Posted by BigEvan23
    It feels secure. It isn't very floppy if you want to move it, its easily adjustable. I tried running with it and it wasn't super rigid but it never felt like it was going to fall off. When a call comes in and you have the auto answer feature disabled it takes about a half a ring to a full ring to pick up when manually pressing the answer button. So its quite quick. All in all I like it very much. Kinda makes me forget about what coulda been with the BT 800. (its odd how a 1.2 jabra device works so well in the palm headset but the 800 sucks so much).

Evan
    Can you give details about:
    - the range of the headset with/without getting static?
    - do you get static/popping sounds regardless of range (as is so prevalent in most BT headsets with the T650)?
    - do people on the other end of the line know you're on a headset? Can they notice a difference?

Rudy/Viper - interesting info about the Jabra headset and it's picture.
    I haven't noticed any static on any of the calls I have made its been very clear so far. The quality is better or at worst, the same as using the phone. The caller on the other line didn't know I was on a headset until I told them. So far I have used the phone about 20-25 feet away with little to no break up. No complaints yet.

Evan
    this sounds like a magical headset... or maybe u're just a blessed soul

u haven't had any problem with ur 650 either, have u ?

jokes apart... thanx for the info. it's nice to know finally there's atleast one headset that works as they were supposed to. now if only all the other ppl who'll be receiving it shortly could confirm the same and we'll have a party .
    So far, sounds like the way to go. I think I might need to order one!
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo
    me wantie...dont make me touch you with the glove!

Who are you, Michael Jackson?
    and the best part is it looks so good with the treo!
Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast