Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    The main thing is the volume. We all know the volume of BT on the Treo 650 is crap. The question is ...how does the volume of this headset compare to the 660 or the Scala 500. It seems like that is the biggest deal breaker. Since this headset doesn't fit inside the ear, it seems like volume would be poor in noisy conditions.

Can someone compare the volume when they get this?
    Quote Originally Posted by mogulman
    The main thing is the volume. We all know the volume of BT on the Treo 650 is crap. The question is ...how does the volume of this headset compare to the 660 or the Scala 500. It seems like that is the biggest deal breaker. Since this headset doesn't fit inside the ear, it seems like volume would be poor in noisy conditions.

Can someone compare the volume when they get this?
    So far all we have is Andrew's response:

"It's difficult to comment on how loud would be loud enough for you but in my case pushing the volume button on the headset all the way up is louder than what my fragile ears can withstand.

For example, I had no problem hearing my caller earlier today in an _extremely_ loud environment and with the volume only half way up.

Hope this helps."

http://blog.treonauts.com/2005/03/ne....html#comments

Mine is due today - we'll see.

YoungTurk
    Sprint Treo 650 with Scala 500
    Powerbook G4 12"
    '05 Porsche Carrera 911
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus
    http://store.treocentral.com/content...11-31--241.htm for $69.95.

According to the distributor they will ship out to us on the 14th (but that may be delayed). We have ordered 500 pieces.
    I think there's something wrong with the post. Is it really almost six ounces? That's really heavy.
    Didn't see it anywhere in the review so I'll ask in hopes that one of the early adopters can post a reply: what is the delay, if any, from when the phone rings until the headset rings?
    Solution ID: 34181
    Using voice-activated dialing with the Treo Wireless Headset
    This article applies to the optional accessory Treo Wireless Headset.
    Treo 650: Treo Voice Dialing by VoiceSignal is not supported by the Treo Wireless Headset.

BUMMER!
    My headset did not arrive again today from mytreo. It is obvious they do not have them in stock and were lying to me. They have no contact number so I can only communicate with them via the form on their website.

I guess I learned a lesson. The service from the Treocentral store is superior and I will order from them once the headset is in stock.
    their page says backordered
    My issue is not that it was not available, but that they sent me an email confirming it was in stock. It was not listed as backordered Tuesday when I ordered.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcatan
    My issue is not that it was not available, but that they sent me an email confirming it was in stock. It was not listed as backordered Tuesday when I ordered.
    ohhhhh...bummer!
    ok with the moto 810 i have to hit a button on the headset for the treo to transfer calls to it will i have to do this with the treo headset?
    New to the Bluetooth game...

Can this headset or any other headset work with multimedia players like Real Player, Pocket Tunes, or MMplayer? If so, how does it handle incoming calls?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by optimalcapacity
    Can this headset or any other headset work with multimedia players...
    In a word, no. The 650 doesn't support BT 1.2 nor does it have the required A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution) profile.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    Quote Originally Posted by optimalcapacity
    New to the Bluetooth game...

Can this headset or any other headset work with multimedia players like Real Player, Pocket Tunes, or MMplayer? If so, how does it handle incoming calls?

Thanks!
    The treo doesn't support the necessary profile.
    This whole "official treo BT headset" thing bugs me. I can understand from a monetary standpoint why palm1 would release their own BT headset, but i would like to see them improve the implementation of BT on the 650 as a whole, not just release a headset that may work better with the 650 than others.

What about those of us that have already shelled out for other BT headsets and have been disappointed by either bad performance or flat out incompatibility?
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    I think there's something wrong with the post. Is it really almost six ounces? That's really heavy.

That would make it 6 times as heavy as the Jabra...
    I bet they really meant 0.95 ounces instead... fingers crossed
    I have detailed files.
    Quote Originally Posted by Treominator

That would make it 6 times as heavy as the Jabra...
    I bet they really meant 0.95 ounces instead... fingers crossed
    corrected...

http://blog.treonauts.com/2005/03/new_treo_wirele.html

0.59 ounces
    As it turns out, the Treo Wireless Headset is neither a clone of the Jabra BT300 nor the Motorola HS820. It is actually a knock-off of the recently released Jabra BT330 (which makes sense as BT v1.2 headsets are only starting to surface). Apart from the nice feature of being able to share the same charger as the Treo 650, I can't tell any more difference between the two.

Check out the BT330 here:
    http://www.bluejackq.com/aws/amazon_...YG&templates=2
    Treo 680 Graphite, Unlocked GSM (FW: MW01.50 | SW: TREO680-1.04-ROW | HW: A)
    Rudychow,
    When you said you can't tell the difference between the two..does that mean visually or are you using both of them?

I also would love to find out about volume and time from phone ring to headset activation. The suspense is killing us.....
    Oh no, I don't own either of them. What I meant was that apart from aesthetics and the charging port, they seem to be the same headset.
    Treo 680 Graphite, Unlocked GSM (FW: MW01.50 | SW: TREO680-1.04-ROW | HW: A)
    Just ordered mine. Couldn't wait..need headset. I'll post after I get it with feedback.
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast