Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1116171819202122 LastLast
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Ok...

Stumped.

Both my Motorola 850 and my Jabra 250 require me to punch the 'call' button after I've dialed and hit 'send' on my 650.

I assume operator error.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sgasque
    Ok...

Stumped.

Both my Motorola 850 and my Jabra 250 require me to punch the 'call' button after I've dialed and hit 'send' on my 650.

I assume operator error.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks
    You're not doing anything wrong. I saw this problem when I had the 850. Its compatibility issues between the 850 (and Jabra 250?) and the Treo 650. I now have the 660 and this headset picks up instantly when I dial out. No need to press the button like the 850.

I think others have mentioned that the Sony HBH-660, PalmOne TWH, Cardo Scala-500 and Logitech Mobile Pro are all, so far, the most compatible bluetooth headsets when used with the Treo 650.
    Last edited by jamestr; 06/07/2005 at 07:57 PM.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Hi again...

I appreciate the reply. Good to know there are headsets that work well, and ones which work 'less well.'

Now, one more question: volume.

Of the headsets I've tried, the Motorola 850 was pretty good...though in the car I found myself pressing the headset to my ear to hear well.

The Jabra 250? Excellent volume. Couldn't ask for more.

Jabra 800? Soft, very soft. So soft I had to return it.

Finally, the Bodyglove...not sure of the model number....also too soft to be useable.

So, does anyone have info on the volume of the Sony and the other headsets that work well with the 650?

Thanks again
    Has anyone else experienced this problem:
    I recently purchased the Treo Wireless Headset - it installed easily the first time and I used it for several days with no problem...

Today the headset stopped working - I decided to rerun the pairing process - but my Treo 650 can't find it?

I even deleted the bt device caches hoping to find it anew...

Can anyone help me before I have to return the thing to the TreoCentral store?

Thanks,

Steven
    How does the SE662 compare to the 660?
    Quote Originally Posted by DDMTREO
    How does the SE662 compare to the 660?
    I received my HBH-662 a few days ago, and have been doing some comparisons with my HBH-660, HBH-300, TWH, and Jabra 250.

For me, the 662 and 660 offer identical functionality (I'm using a Cingular branded Treo 650 with firmware 1.05). The volume with an ear gel is excellent. The earhook is uncomfortable if worn for more than an hour. Connect time is very fast on both incoming and outgoing calls. No reports of echoing or static. The only difference to me so far is the color of the casing. The black color renders it slightly more low key in appearance (a plus in my book). The 662 also comes with a European charger which needs to be used in conjunction with an adapter (provided in the box with the headset) if you happen to live in the US.

P.S. I like your avatar. I have two Westies myself.
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    usskaos1: how do you like the the 662/660 compared to the TWH?
    Quote Originally Posted by fareal
    usskaos1: how do you like the the 662/660 compared to the TWH?
    They each have their own strengths and weaknesses. The 660/662 has better overall sound for the headset wearer as well as the person on the other end of the call. The TWH has a severe echo problem if you turn the volume up and do not use an ear gel. The TWH also results in a static problem sooner than with a 660/662. The 660/662 connects faster on incoming calls, but the TWH connects faster on outgoing calls. [Note: I've had a problem with my Bluetooth Device Cache file which causes the 660 to not be able to automatically connect on outgoing calls. Deleting the file seems to help for a while, but then the problem resurfaces again. I haven't observed this problem with the 662... yet.] The TWH is more comfortable for me to wear (with ear hook and gel combo). The 660/662 hook is very uncomfortable for me, so I take that off and just use an ear gel. There is one other difference for folks who use the Voice Launcher application. That app allows you to program one phone number to be dialed automatically by pressing the bluetooth headset button. That functionality works with the TWH (as well as the HBH-300 and Jabra 250), but it doesn't work with the 660/662.
    i am a nw user of treo 650, this device in theory will work magic for me, i run a reggae festival called Dreadstock, www.dreadstock.com i am all over the grounds, i would ideally like to be able to flawlessly use the voice call feature wherebey i make voice tags to a number and from the wireless headset can initiate a call simply by speaking the name, a feature worth a million dollars to me,
    add in it being real comfortable, able to block some surrounding noise and do all the blue tooth essentials, which one is the best, this sony 660, this motorola, sounds like the cardo doesnt do voice calling
    any help appreciated, a pair of free tickets to someone who can really help me, and please dont flame as i am a newbie on this board and have in earnest searched for more than an hour thru threads...

jahguide,
    Quote Originally Posted by jahguide
    i would ideally like to be able to flawlessly use the voice call feature wherebey i make voice tags to a number and from the wireless headset can initiate a call simply by speaking the name
    Unfortunately you're not going to be able to do this with ANY BT headset on the 650 because it doesn't support voice tags. All calls must originate from the handheld.

Maybe this will be fixed in a future update, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    Quote Originally Posted by jahguide
    i am a nw user of treo 650, this device in theory will work magic for me, i run a reggae festival called Dreadstock, www.dreadstock.com i am all over the grounds, i would ideally like to be able to flawlessly use the voice call feature wherebey i make voice tags to a number and from the wireless headset can initiate a call simply by speaking the name, a feature worth a million dollars to me,
    add in it being real comfortable, able to block some surrounding noise and do all the blue tooth essentials, which one is the best, this sony 660, this motorola, sounds like the cardo doesnt do voice calling
    any help appreciated, a pair of free tickets to someone who can really help me, and please dont flame as i am a newbie on this board and have in earnest searched for more than an hour thru threads...

jahguide,
    Wow, that's a seriously looong sentence.
    hey mark,

right on for the prompt response, that is bizarre, a wireless headset that can in real time recieve the conversation between the treo user and person called, these various features of call waiting, yet, the microphone of the wireless headset being spoken into with simple voice tag command not being able to initiate a call..
    seems like a simple button on headset pushed to prompt the treo that a voice tag will be made, it receives the incoming voice tag signal and call started, seems so simple a programmer utilizing all this blue tooth stuff could do this...
    sounds like i will need to have a wired connected headset to the Treo to initiate voice tag calls?
    essentially what i am trying to do is be able to drive and not get my hands and eyes off the road to initiate a simple call on the phone. i need to hands to use stylus to tap each number or make a speed dial call assigned to a letter on keyboard, point is i have to physically touch the treo to start a call, right?
    any vibes, jahguide,
    and if you are anywhere near the bay, you already have your tickets, this thing is so powerful, i almost want to hire someone to sit down with me and give a speedy tutorial, i love gadgets but dont have the time to figure out everything if i can ask...
    jahguide
    I'm a big fan of the Treo headset...I just received mine in the mail and it is by far the best bluetooth headset I've used. I've only used like 3 others, two Jabra's and a Sony...and it surpasses them in comfort, sound quality and looks. I would recommend it.
    My ears are too big for the small loop that comes with the Treo headset, so the earphone ends up above the ear canal instead of directly over it. I've seen other headsets that come with several loops of different sizes. Is there any way to buy a set that would have an appropriate mounting pin?
    Quote Originally Posted by tangible
    My ears are too big for the small loop that comes with the Treo headset, so the earphone ends up above the ear canal instead of directly over it. I've seen other headsets that come with several loops of different sizes. Is there any way to buy a set that would have an appropriate mounting pin?
    You may know, but it is adjustable. You can slide the hook up and down in the round connector.
    Sorry, I don't understand that.

Here's what I need: More distance between the top curve of the hook and the body of the unit, so that the earphone will be properly aligned with the ear canal instead of being positioned above it.

Here's what I see:The hook terminates in a pin that is inserted into a hole that runs across the diameter of the round connector. The round connector itself pivots around its center. The hook can be reshaped to some degree. The pin could be partially withdrawn, but that would have the effect of moving the unit back, not down. And, with the pin not fully seated, the whole thing is likely to fall apart.

Please clarify what you mean by "slide the hook up and down". Thanks.
    Crap. My TWH doesn't connect anymore with my 650. It appears to be paired properly and I do notice on the Treo that when I make a call the BT symbol in upper right gets highlighted; however, the BT headset icon doesn't appear. It just shows me the regular speakerphone icon. This was just working a day ago??

I don't want to re-pair. Is there a sequence one must follow (turn on/off TWH first, then BT on headset, etc.) in order to make sure that both instruments recognize each other?

Thanks.
    [QUOTE=wanderman]Also, I reviewed this headset after receiving it earlier today:[QUOTE]

Is it "correct" that the auto-answer function (treo 650) does NOT work?
    Quote Originally Posted by usskaos1
    The TWH has a severe echo problem if you turn the volume up and do not use an ear gel. The TWH also results in a static problem sooner than with a 660/662. The 660/662 connects faster on incoming calls, but the TWH connects faster on outgoing calls.
    Can anyone else confirm this? Someone else told me the sound on the TWH was equal (one lone gun said better).
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    I never experienced an echo with the TWH that I used. Although I have heard several others say that they have.