Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    Anyone have one of these yet? I'm selling my BT800 and searching for a replacement, this one looks nice and it would seem to me that it and the PalmOne BT250 would be the two best bets for compatibility.
    Hofo- i do every once in a while like some oem accesories- but for me it is usually limited to things that other companies either dont make or dont make well enough and almost always are specific to the device... for instance- when i first got a treo 600 s&c cable, it was 3rd party- it ripped within a month! i got the palm cable and was happy ever since... however for a bluetooth headset i think there is enough competition and a high probability that you'd use it with another phone that you might not want it branded...
    yet again- i might be completely wrong and this sucker might be the mother of all headsets- we wont know until someone tries it out. for now i think i'm one of the few people who are happy with a bt800 and i intend to stay that way and help others with their bt800s
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenundrum
    for now i think i'm one of the few people who are happy with a bt800 and i intend to stay that way and help others with their bt800s
    Kenundrum,

I, for one, would love to know how you can be happy with the BT800! Love its design? YES! Love its features? YES! Love its interface with the 650? NO!!!

Have you been able to get your BT800 to work with your 650? If so please share! I'd love to be happy with my BT800, but I don't see how that can happen without some kind of software update, either on the phone or the headset.

After one day of using the BT800 I had to reluctantly give up on it and go back to being headset-less. I've been searching for a new headset, and I think that this official Treo one will be the one for me, pending feedback/reviews by actual 650 users.
    I have not received the headset yet. It was due to arrive today. Still time for them to UPS arrive today. I'll post impressions and the fcc number as soon as I have it.
    Quote Originally Posted by mogulman
    When you get it...post the FCC id... that way when can figure out who makes it for Palm.
    FCC ID: BCE-TREO
    IC: 2386-TREO

Also, I reviewed this headset after receiving it earlier today:

http://blog.treonauts.com/2005/03/new_treo_wirele.html

I can categorically state that I'm very pleased with it.

Cheers, W.
    Just being able to use the same charger as the 620 is a big plus.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsberck
    I have the Motorola 820. Works great with the Treo 650.
    I have the 820 and the 660 and the 820 does not automatically pickup outgoing calls, and is slow to pickup incoming calls when used with the Treo 650. The 660 does not have these problems with the Treo 650. But, the 820 works incredibly well with my V3 leisure phone. Oh how I wish the Treo's BT could even come close to this combo.
    BCE is GN Netcom. Seems to be similar to the BT300. Probably made specifically for Palm by GN Netcom.
    Wanderman,

So in your humble opinion, which works better? The Sony 660 or Palmone's newly released set? Pros and cons? Finally, if you had to choose..which would you choose?

Physician User

Quote Originally Posted by wanderman
    FCC ID: BCE-TREO
    IC: 2386-TREO

Also, I reviewed this headset after receiving it earlier today:

http://blog.treonauts.com/2005/03/new_treo_wirele.html

I can categorically state that I'm very pleased with it.

Cheers, W.
    That looks pretty similar to the Motorola HS820.
    Latest moBlog shot:
    I just placed my order with mytreo.net. My BT800 is officially for sale. Thanks for the review Andrew!
  12.    #32  
    Sounds like a great headset, I may have to break down and get one eventually. I just got my Cardo Scala 500 less than 2 weeks ago. Had I known this was on it's way I would have held off. I'm very pleased with the Scala, by the way. Call quality is excellent, and the multi function features work basically identically to the Treo headset as described on Treonauts. The only thing I'm not 100% happy with it is the fit.
    In any case, I'm considering getting the Treo headset and comparing the two.
    If anyone has the Cardo Scala 500 and has the opportunity to compare it with the Treo headset, that's what I'm interested in hearing.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    No mention of if u need to use mute or not. Im happy with my HBH 660 if the new update fixes the mute I will be happy. To bad they left out caller ID then I would have to say the new palm headset would be perfect.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    If anyone could compare HBH 660 and this new treo headset, it'd be appreciated. I can barely afford one of them, much less two. thanks.
    I thought that caller ID on the BT800 would be really cool, turns out it doesn't work (not ever for me, spotty for some others I guess). It would be a bother to take the headset off just to look at the caller ID anyway.

I had a Scala 500 for a while, sent it back because it was uncomfortable to wear all day and it always felt like it was about to fall off (it did fall off a couple of times). I don't have it for a side-by-side comparison anymore, but I can post a comparison from memory when my Treo headset arrives.
    Just ordered mine too!
    Quote Originally Posted by Physician User
    Wanderman,

So in your humble opinion, which works better? The Sony 660 or Palmone's newly released set? Pros and cons? Finally, if you had to choose..which would you choose?
    I did not test the HBH660 but looking at the specs (for example I don't understand the need to have a display on the headset), its price and the hassle of having to have yet another separate charger would personally push me to choose the new Treo Wireless Headset.

Cheers, W.
  18. Cas
    Will the P1 set really do call wait? I thought that no BT headset could do it on the 650
    The Treo headset I ordered from Mytreo.net did not arrive yesterday as promised. They have not responded to any of my emails requesting information on the shipping status, so I am beginning to wonder if it was actually in stock as they said.
    http://store.treocentral.com/content...11-31--241.htm for $69.95.

According to the distributor they will ship out to us on the 14th (but that may be delayed). We have ordered 500 pieces.
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast