Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819202122 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles
    I'd also be interested in any feedback on this. Mine appeared to switch off after only a few hours, all of that while communicating with my current phone (Treo arriving today at last - woo!). I noticed no low-power tones etc but when I got home I found it was off. I am presently testing it by leaving on permanently, it is now nearing 70 hours with no problem, but it hasn't been communicating with the phone during that time.
    I get about 70-90 hours of standby. I have taken to powering it down if I know I won't need it for several hours/overnight. Only takes about 10 seconds to boot up and connect to the T650 when I need it.
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    I'd also be interested in any feedback on this. Mine appeared to switch off after only a few hours, all of that while communicating with my current phone (Treo arriving today at last - woo!). I noticed no low-power tones etc but when I got home I found it was off. I am presently testing it by leaving on permanently, it is now nearing 70 hours with no problem, but it hasn't been communicating with the phone during that time.
    Well my Treo did arrive today but that did lead to more testing of the TWH.

I find that, although it has done 3 days on standby (which shouldn't be a problem) it cuts out completely when I get an incoming call on the phone. I reckon this is what had happened the previous time. There has been no spell of warning beeps or different pattern of light flashes as there should have been and when I power it back up, it still give the one flash every three seconds as though nothing was wrong. Another one to return, I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles
    Well my Treo did arrive today but that did lead to more testing of the TWH.

I find that, although it has done 3 days on standby (which shouldn't be a problem) it cuts out completely when I get an incoming call on the phone. I reckon this is what had happened the previous time. There has been no spell of warning beeps or different pattern of light flashes as there should have been and when I power it back up, it still give the one flash every three seconds as though nothing was wrong. Another one to return, I guess.
    I never watched the lights as its sitting on my ear. Have you paired the thing with the Treo ? Once paired, the Treo rings, I peek at who is calling and hit ANSWER...a second later I am talking.
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    It still seems to work with my old phone, so it isn't the headset.

I've paired it several times - it then shows as a 'trusted device' and sometimes, when I first turn it on, the Treo beeps and the BT icon goes blue-on-white. But I've only once seen a headset icon there, and that was only for a few seconds. Is that how it should look?

If I go into 'setup devices', 'hands-free setup', it almost never shows as a 'nearby device', even when it shows as a 'trusted device' (which is never for long). It usually shows on the list of 'all known devices' but won't connect.

It actually seems to be getting worse as time goes on.
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    It still seems to work with my old phone, so it isn't the headset.
    On further testing with the old phone, it does seem unreliable with that as well, though not as unreliable as it is with the Treo.

Sometimes it won't connect, and it always seems to disconnect from the phone after a call.

But with the Treo, it won't stay paired for even that long, usually only about five seconds after the headset is powered up.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jayrosenblum
    I have the TWH. I use a Proclip holster. My problem is that when I make a phone call or receive one using the TWH and then put the phone back in the holster, if I am not careful, a button (don't know which one) gets pushed and ends the call. Can anyone think of anything? I have Treoguard installed but it doesn't disbale any button during a call nor does it disabe buttons on outgoing calls. I would like to be able to walk along, dial a number, put the phone in the holster and start talking on the TWH. I like the holster so I am looking for a program or fix that will allow me to continue to use the holster. Treoguard has worked for me for a problem I was having when I received a call and the space bar was being pushed by the holster when I took the phone out and it was automatically answering the call. Now I have the space bar disable on incoming calls and it solved that problem. I am looking for a similar fix to my new problem. Anyone know of any programs or fixes to this problem?
    I also use the proclip holster and the TWH. First of all the TWH is by far the best. Make sure you use the eargels. It's 15 times louder and no annoying loop around my ear. I have not had a problem with the phone disconnecting when putting back in the proclip. I have the screen disabled during a call so even if the screen is pressed, it will not affect a call. Only way is if the middle button is pressed while "hang up" is highlighted, but that is almost impossible. The only problem I have with the proclip holster is that it seems to push the button on the top, the silent/ringer switch to slient almost all the time. It is very annoying but the proclip is still the best holster.
    Just my 2 cents.
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*
    Quote Originally Posted by Heat00
    I also use the proclip holster and the TWH. First of all the TWH is by far the best. Make sure you use the eargels. It's 15 times louder and no annoying loop around my ear. I have not had a problem with the phone disconnecting when putting back in the proclip. I have the screen disabled during a call so even if the screen is pressed, it will not affect a call. Only way is if the middle button is pressed while "hang up" is highlighted, but that is almost impossible. The only problem I have with the proclip holster is that it seems to push the button on the top, the silent/ringer switch to slient almost all the time. It is very annoying but the proclip is still the best holster.
    Just my 2 cents.
    I agree that this is the best holster. I do not want my screen disabled and I think there must be rpessure from the Proclip on the phone that sometimes makes the buttons or screen get pressed. I solved much of this with Treoguard. BUT I cannot get any eargels to stay on. They won't totally stay on. Any suggestions?
    I got my TWH last week and I think I'll be keeping it. The first headset I got was a Scala 500 which was just terrible. I exchanged it for another one from Cardo and it was no better. Then I tried a Motorola HS820. It was a lot better but I wanted something more. My wife has a Motorola HS850 for her Treo which is a little better. Well I got the TWH and it is by far better than both of them. It's MUCH louder than any of them and it automatically picks up when making calls. With both Moto's I had to hit the button on the headset to connect when making calls.

I do have one question. I could have sworn when I first got this thing that it beeped when it connected and disconnected to calls. It's not beeping now so if no one's talking it's hard to tell if it's still on a call or not. It does beep, however, when I adjust the volume of the headset. Was I imagining the beeping on connect/disconnect I thought I heard before or does it just not beep?
    Last edited by letsgoflyers81; 05/05/2005 at 11:09 AM.
    how does the earpiece volume compare to HBH-660?
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    The Jabra ear gels hurt my ear! Can't wear these things....not a good solution IMHO
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    It seems that not only are there all the choices of headsets, but then there are all the choices of ear gels. What seems to be the best (and cheapest?) ear gels to use with the TWH? My Cardo 500 got damaged so I figured I'd try to the TWH and it should be here soon (I hope). So.....what ear gels should I be getting? I liked the set up of the Cardo with that bendable thing over the ear but it sounds like that doesn't work so well on the TWH.
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    I just walked into Radio Shack and got an assortment (jabra), the largest one in the pack fit.
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    I just walked into Radio Shack and got an assortment (jabra), the largest one in the pack fit.

I did the smae thing but it doesn't stay on very well.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Well, I have been using the Treo Bluetooth Headset now for about a week, and have to admit that it is the best unit for use with the Treo650. I started with a Plantronics M2500 (very uncomfortable and static-y), then tried the Logitech Mobile Freedom (as I've said in other posts, it felt like a big ***** strapped to the side of my face), Sony HBH660 (similar to the TWH in form but with poor range and high succeptability to interference), then the Motorola HS850 (best form factor but does not automatically connect when a call is placed).

The TWH definitely has the best performance in connectivity and range. I can leave my phone in the car while getting gas and carry on a clear conversation with very little static. I have had some pairing problems and have had to re-discover the unit a few times, but I have a feeling this is due to user error. It is relatively comfortable and light, and has ample volume in all but the noisiest of environments.

Bottom line, is it the cheapest? No. Is it the most comfortable? No (IMO). Is it the best performing? Yes!
    Quote Originally Posted by golferal
    Well, I have been using the Treo Bluetooth Headset now for about a week, and have to admit that it is the best unit for use with the Treo650. I started with a Plantronics M2500 (very uncomfortable and static-y), then tried the Logitech Mobile Freedom (as I've said in other posts, it felt like a big ***** strapped to the side of my face), Sony HBH660 (similar to the TWH in form but with poor range and high succeptability to interference), then the Motorola HS850 (best form factor but does not automatically connect when a call is placed).

The TWH definitely has the best performance in connectivity and range. I can leave my phone in the car while getting gas and carry on a clear conversation with very little static. I have had some pairing problems and have had to re-discover the unit a few times, but I have a feeling this is due to user error. It is relatively comfortable and light, and has ample volume in all but the noisiest of environments.

Bottom line, is it the cheapest? No. Is it the most comfortable? No (IMO). Is it the best performing? Yes!
    Do you use the ear gels or the hook? Did you test against the Cardo?
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Are you guys referring to the "PalmOne Treo 650 Compact Wireless Headset " (http://store.treocentral.com/content...d=1&oq_ca_id=4) or the "PalmOne Bluetooth Headset" (the rebranded Jabra BT250P - http://store.treocentral.com/content.../9-32--180.htm)?

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by varoomba
    Are you guys referring to the "PalmOne Treo 650 Compact Wireless Headset " (http://store.treocentral.com/content...d=1&oq_ca_id=4) or the "PalmOne Bluetooth Headset" (the rebranded Jabra BT250P - http://store.treocentral.com/content.../9-32--180.htm)?

Thanks!

The first one you mentioned..
    http://web.palmone.com/products/Category.jhtml?ID=20023
    I tried the Slic Sound gels with the Sony HBH660 and did not think that the insertion method was comfortable for extended use. The hook on the TWH is much better than the Sony and it places the headset's speaker closer to the center of the ear. I would say that the comfort is comparable to the Motorola HS850 (very). I never tried the Cardo becuase of the many mixed reviews here on the boards.

Hope that helps!
    comparing the TWH and Sony 660......The voices coming from the Palm TWH seem muffled and weak and also I hear static, but not so with the Sony. TWH is nice and light but think the Sony might have better performance.
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Quote Originally Posted by fkjr2
    comparing the TWH and Sony 660......The voices coming from the Palm TWH seem muffled and weak and also I hear static, but not so with the Sony. TWH is nice and light but think the Sony might have better performance.

I just got the TWH (had the Cardo but ran over it with my car) and it is definitely light and seems to be clearer on my end but I have had some complaints that it sounds like I'm underwater. Bottom line folks...for those who have tried both the TWH and the HBH 660 (and even maybe the Scala 500), which is best? By the way, I liked hearing at least a light beep after I hang up with the headset so I know it did hang up and is not charging me minutes still.
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA