Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71213141516171819202122 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciber
    I canceled my order for this thing and ordered a Motorola HS850 instead... I'm shallow and can't get over how ugly the Treo headset is. :P

Yes, I know the HS850 doesn't support the handsfree profile, but to me that's a smaller issue than a ugly headset on the side of my head.
    Fair enough, but do you really think the 850 looks better?
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    Fair enough, but do you really think the 850 looks better?
    The black HS850 definitely looks better than this thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciber
    I canceled my order for this thing and ordered a Motorola HS850 instead... I'm shallow and can't get over how ugly the Treo headset is. :P

Yes, I know the HS850 doesn't support the handsfree profile, but to me that's a smaller issue than a ugly headset on the side of my head.
    No one has, to my knowledge, ever seen me with a headset on as I wear it on my right ear while driving. On the are occasions I have people in the vehicle with me, I will usually use the OnStar phone which comes in over the radio.

The published reviews on the Motorola were quite unfavorable when paired with the Treo so I hope you aren't disapponted.

http://www.mobiletechreview.com/tips...20_headset.htm

"The worst range we experienced was when using the HS820 with the Treo 650. It starts to have cracking noise and ugly interference at about 7 feet."

I'm a function over form kinda guy and I'll take an ugly headset that does 32 feet no static over one that breaks up at 7 feet. But frankly, I'm hard pressed to find much aesthetic differences between the two. In fact many users wrote in here at Treo central and other sites to state for example that:

http://blog.treonauts.com/2005/03/new_treo_wirele.html

"If you compare pictures of the HS820 to the Palm one [Treo Wireless Headset], you'll realize that Palm simply OEM'd the Motorola one, had a few minor cosmetic changes, and had it wired to be re-charged from the Treo charger."

Obvioulsy, they were mistaken but apparently, to many they look similar enough that people thought the TWH was a Motorola OEM. Also see message 30 in this same thread (page 2) . There are two wireless headsets for the Treo 650 offered by PalmOne. One is an older $99 one based IIRC on th Jabra 250 and the new $79 one which is based upon the Jabra 330. The $79 one is the one a lotta people thought was the clone of the Moto.
    That's the HS820... I'm talking about the HS850.
    My mistake. I thought I did did look at that one first....that's the "rounder" one IIRC with the jackknifing boom

here's some stuff on that one

http://www.mobileburn.com/review.jsp?Page=3&Id=1284

"The Treo 650's bluetooth supports both the headset and handsfree profiles, but it doesn't properly support headsets with both profiles - which accounts for most headsets. This means that even if your headset has both handsfree and headset profiles, it might not be fully supported by the Treo 650. I paired mine with a Motorola HS850, for example, but I am not able to redial from the headset or to get calls transferred automatically to the headset. A button press is required before the headset connects to the phone when a call comes in and another button press is required to answer the call. Also, when a call comes in, it takes about 6-7 rings before I can answer the call on my headset. This is very bothersome and definitely a flaw in the bluetooth system of the Treo 650. Let's hope PalmOne releases a patch for this."
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    My mistake. I thought I did did look at that one first....that's the "rounder" one IIRC with the jackknifing boom

here's some stuff on that one

http://www.mobileburn.com/review.jsp?Page=3&Id=1284

"The Treo 650's bluetooth supports both the headset and handsfree profiles, but it doesn't properly support headsets with both profiles - which accounts for most headsets. This means that even if your headset has both handsfree and headset profiles, it might not be fully supported by the Treo 650. I paired mine with a Motorola HS850, for example, but I am not able to redial from the headset or to get calls transferred automatically to the headset. A button press is required before the headset connects to the phone when a call comes in and another button press is required to answer the call. Also, when a call comes in, it takes about 6-7 rings before I can answer the call on my headset. This is very bothersome and definitely a flaw in the bluetooth system of the Treo 650. Let's hope PalmOne releases a patch for this."
    Yeah i read that and everything else i could find on the HS850 already. I still bought it since i prefer its looks over all the other headsets, so i figured i'd give it a try.

If it's too much trouble then i'll return it, if it's not then i'll keep it and be happy that i got the headset that i actually wanted and not the headset that i was forced to settle for thanks to palmone selling me a butchered $500 dollar phone.

I think we should start a petition and circulate it around the net demanding a BT patch for the 650. I honestly think it's pathetic that we are sold products like the 650 with so many problems and there are no consequences for palmone, there should be a damn class action lawsuit or something. If Toyota tried selling a car with as many problems as a 650 it would probably get taken of the market in a week and they'd be sued out of existence.

Yes, I'm a little drunk and pissed off! :P
    Last edited by Ciber; 04/18/2005 at 11:31 PM.
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Now in stock in the UK at www.morecomputers.co.uk. 19 still in stock.

No picture shown but they have the correct PalmOne part number (3206WW) and it was shipped last night, hope to receive it today.

Not cheap at £51.01 + shipping but I think that's about what you'll pay at any place in the UK.
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Now in stock in the UK at www.morecomputers.co.uk. 19 still in stock.

No picture shown but they have the correct PalmOne part number (3206WW) and it was shipped last night, hope to receive it today.
    Just received it and can confirm it is indeed the new Treo Wireless Headset.
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    But it doesn't feckin work!

All charged up, hold down the mf button, absolutely nothing happens. Here we go again . . .

Is this common with the TWH?
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    I now have had a fully day with my HS 850. This morning in my car, I had my Treo 650 in a case and inside a gym bag in my car. I heard a beep on my headset, answered it and had a long static free conversation. Perfect! Seems OK on my ear, not floppy. Person on the other end heard me just fine and after about 15 feet says I began to sound slightly garbled. Pairing was a breeze. Folding boom makes it nice and small to carry. Some not so good things: difficult for me to find the answer button when it is on my ear, when I make a call I have to press the Headset button to connect. Other than that, my second Scala 500 is out of here.
    Quote Originally Posted by nyrnd
    I now have had a fully day with my HS 850. This morning in my car, I had my Treo 650 in a case and inside a gym bag in my car. I heard a beep on my headset, answered it and had a long static free conversation. Perfect! Seems OK on my ear, not floppy. Person on the other end heard me just fine and after about 15 feet says I began to sound slightly garbled. Pairing was a breeze. Folding boom makes it nice and small to carry. Some not so good things: difficult for me to find the answer button when it is on my ear, when I make a call I have to press the Headset button to connect. Other than that, my second Scala 500 is out of here.
    I'm sitting here waiting for FedEx to show up with my HS850 anytime now...
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles
    But it doesn't feckin work!

All charged up, hold down the mf button, absolutely nothing happens. Here we go again . . .

Is this common with the TWH?
    Are we talking about pairing ? I found that the number they say is wrong. I was about to send mine back after trying to pair it waiting the 8 seconds or whatever for it to happen and found that if I held it for 12 seconds, it did its thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by nyrnd

I just used my HS850 for a couple of test calls with my Cingular 650 and it's transferring both incoming and outgoing calls to the headset.

No static or any other issues here, and the transfer for both incoming and outgoing is very brief, seems to be a ring or two.
    Last edited by Ciber; 04/19/2005 at 08:29 PM.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Great! I am very happy with mine and expect you will be also.
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Are we talking about pairing? I found that the number they say is wrong. I was about to send mine back after trying to pair it waiting the 8 seconds or whatever for it to happen and found that if I held it for 12 seconds, it did its thing.
    No, we're just taking about absolutely nothing happening at all since it received its full initial charge. No lights, no beeps, dead as a dodo. I've held the mf button down for as long as 30 seconds just to be sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigEvan23
    The jabra ones fit over the speaker area perfectly. It is a jabra headset so naturally it works. Everyone has done it with the hbh-660, works the same way. I am gonna start a new thread with some pics.

I bought the clear Jabra ear gels and put them over the TWH. Both of the ones I put on ripped at the seam. Is there a better way or should I order the colored ones? It did make a marked difference in the sound but once they tore they would not stay on any longer. So is it just the clear ones or am I putting them on too rough?
    Get the colored ones. They fit much better.
    Quote Originally Posted by jandrion
    Get the colored ones. They fit much better.
    Thanks...I'll try them and report back.
    Quote Originally Posted by jayrosenblum
    I bought the clear Jabra ear gels and put them over the TWH. Both of the ones I put on ripped at the seam. Is there a better way or should I order the colored ones? It did make a marked difference in the sound but once they tore they would not stay on any longer. So is it just the clear ones or am I putting them on too rough?
    I'm not sure color matters. The set I bought at radio Shack had 6 clear gels, 3 for right ear and 3 for left. There was a small, medium and large gel. The larger one fits perfect. Slides on easily and stays on, no superglue or whatever.
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    If you haven't used it already, you can use your 20 percent discount you got for registering your treo in the palm store (not the treo store) to order the TWH for 20 percent off. That's what I did
    I do not see how does not allow coupon codes nor is it on the discouint page
    Palm Pilot -> Palm 505 -> Palm Vii-> Ipaq 3670 -> Nokia 6800 ->Treo 600 -> Treo 650 Unlocked GSM
    Service Attws