Can you bend the ear hook?
    Latest moBlog shot:
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHandlessKing
    This question was asked previously, but it was never answered:

Can you bend the ear hook?
    YES
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    just take it off and put on the eargell....much louder volume and no annoying hook in the way.
    see pictures in an earlier thread.
    I used the clear ones from Radio shack...
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*
    i bought the eargels on everyone's say-so on friday. i can't stand them. to me--it sounds like the person speaking to me is in a well. am i doing something wrong?
    I bought the radio shack jabra ear gels and had to try all sizes and positioning b4 finally getting the right fit and placement. I found that the sound is much clearer and I am closer to the low end of the volume level and hear perfectly.

I also am having problems with call not going to the headset automatically when bluetooth is enabled and the headset is on. Defective? Worked fine originally. I think it is the ROM?!?

MM
    Cingular Treo 650 (Unlocked?!?)
    Firmware 01.51 Software Treo650-1.17-CNG H/W A
    Treo Wireless Headset - Apple Ti15 OSX 10.3.9
    Palm VII -> Motorola StarTAC -> Treo 600
    Not like anyone has this miracle bt headset in stock right now, but I dont recall anyone mentioning a vibrating feature... does it have one?
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50
    Not like anyone has this miracle bt headset in stock right now, but I dont recall anyone mentioning a vibrating feature... does it have one?
    If they had a vibrating model it would have to come with a bottle of Excedrin. And it would probably vibrate right off your ear.
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50
    nope
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Well, just got the Bluespoon AX in yesterday. Everything works well, but the static is just too bad. Now I want to try the TWH, but nobody has it. Buy.com doesn't even have a listing for it, everyone else I found says 1-2 weeks. Crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arsman
    Well, just got the Bluespoon AX in yesterday. Everything works well, but the static is just too bad. Now I want to try the TWH, but nobody has it. Buy.com doesn't even have a listing for it, everyone else I found says 1-2 weeks. Crap.
    I was walking out to my car today and I had left the TWH in the car in the overhead sunglasses flip down compartment. I was about 30 feet from the car when I tried to make a call and (thinking I better not get too close or teh Treo will sense the TWH)......damn thing linked with the TWH and I had to hit cancel to break the BT connection.

Tried for the first time dialing out, resting Treo in cradle (but not down far enough so as to be charging) and walking away as I called desk phone. Went to opposite corner of 18 x 26 room...about 32 feet away and not a hint of static as far as I could tell with digital voice answering machine and desktop speaker rat tat tat ringing occasionally on my othe rear.....wanna try again w/ human vocie but no live bodies here right now.
    Yeah, I guess the TWH is the bar to which all other headset will be measured, and a vibrate and/or caller id feature would permanently change the market like the t600 did! Now only if they could build and stock them fast enough....
    Quote Originally Posted by sfmanuel
    I bought the radio shack jabra ear gels and had to try all sizes and positioning b4 finally getting the right fit and placement. I found that the sound is much clearer and I am closer to the low end of the volume level and hear perfectly.

I also am having problems with call not going to the headset automatically when bluetooth is enabled and the headset is on. Defective? Worked fine originally. I think it is the ROM?!?

MM

Have this problem as well. It worked fine for a few days, but now it simply will not pair with the Treo at all. When I turn it on the Treo bluetooth icon changes for a second and then returns to no pair. When calls come in, the headset never does anything. I've tried every button combination in the book but I can't find a way to 're-pair' the devices.
    So, where is the current cheapest place to get the TWH in stock?
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    JacknaylorPE, do you have a CDMA or GSM treo? I just hope I have the same experience you do. The bluespoon is great, but you need to have the phone within a foot to use it in some situations (and for some reason if you turn the phone so the screen is pointing away the static is lower).
    Hi All:

I just purchased my Treo Wireless Handset (In Stock) from here:

http://snipurl.com/e23w

However, I asked if they would price match it from here:

http://snipurl.com/e23x

I spoke with an "Adrian" at extension 1042 and he sold it to me for $60.95, shipping included!!!. I told some other people might be calling, so give it a try. The number is (800) 806-1115.

But MOST importantly, they have it IN stock.

Hope this helps....I am excited about this headset and more excited that I found it in stock somewhere.

rjmoose
    Quote Originally Posted by Arsman
    JacknaylorPE, do you have a CDMA or GSM treo? .
    GSM.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    I am on my second Scala with the same results: Rice Krispies (snap, crackle and pop) after inches, not even feet. I have tried it outside, inside, in the car, but all to no avail. I see some people have great success while others have terrible with the same products. Thinking now of the TWH but not sure if the problem is the Treo 650 Bluetooth or I happen to have gotten two bad Scala's. Any thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by rjmoose
    Hi All:

I just purchased my Treo Wireless Handset (In Stock) from here:

http://snipurl.com/e23w

However, I asked if they would price match it from here:

http://snipurl.com/e23x

I spoke with an "Adrian" at extension 1042 and he sold it to me for $60.95, shipping included!!!. I told some other people might be calling, so give it a try. The number is (800) 806-1115.

But MOST importantly, they have it IN stock.

Hope this helps....I am excited about this headset and more excited that I found it in stock somewhere.

rjmoose
    I called and they would only knock the price down by 5 dollars, I still put in an order since they have it in stock.
    Quote Originally Posted by nyrnd
    Thinking now of the TWH but not sure if the problem is the Treo 650 Bluetooth or I happen to have gotten two bad Scala's. Any thoughts?
    At the very least, Tech Support can't blame it on another vendor's hardware if both the headset and Treo itself are from same company. There seem to be a wide variation in experience with the Treo with a good 20% having one problem or another. I imagine a good portion of thos ecame from massive software loads on day1, with mnay "ported over" from an olde rmodel as many who have done the hard reset thing and started over have eliminated their problems.

Then again I have one of the suppossedly "bad" 64K GemPlus cards and I havenever had a peep of rouble other than starting off with my headset volume maxed out (and getting an echo) . I had set it up at mmax volume after reading a lot of "can't hear / low volume" threads here on the Sprint model. I turned it down to 2nd volume bar and echo went away.
    I canceled my order for this thing and ordered a Motorola HS850 instead... I'm shallow and can't get over how ugly the Treo headset is. :P

Yes, I know the HS850 doesn't support the handsfree profile, but to me that's a smaller issue than a ugly headset on the side of my head.