Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 51011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
    oh, and one other unexpected result. It sounds better than my wired headsets. With both the 600 and 650 I get a hissing sound on every phone call. Not terrible, but annoying on longer calls. Can't hear it with the TWH! Now, if I try the eargels it may re-introduce it.......
    DAMN, I must have gotten a defective TWH unit (TWH means Treo Wireless Headset, right?). If the phone is further than 5 ft, it starts getting really crackly, also, I have had other people test the headset while I am on another line, and I can barely make them out. Very disappointed considering all the positive posts

On a positive note, I used the eargels, and the volume was loud, I could hear the people perfectly, and the unit connected very quickly. Love the fact that you only need one charger for both the phone and the TWH.

Oh well, I have placed an RMA request with Palm and will be receiving another unit in 3 weeks. Maybe i'll get one from a better batch.

I did find out that unique digital is selling them for 59.98 + $8 for shipping and they have them in stock. Should I order from them instead and save the $11 bucks and risk getting another bad one from the original production batch or wait 3 weeks for the PalmOne order?

Anyone from Dallas want to order one too so we can save on shipping, must respond quickly
    Last edited by jandrion; 04/02/2005 at 05:17 PM.
    Okay, just read all 4,377 messages in this thread ;-)

Still looking for more of a side-by-side comparison to the Scala. I am on my 2nd Scala -- like it but the crackling is really annoying. Even when I put it in my front pocket it crackles. I need more comparison -- please!!

Whoever has used the new TWH AND the Scala, please respond. Thanks!
    "I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer."
    Here's a question. After using the TWH with the Cingulat 650 for about 10 days, I got a cal yesterday and it did not switch to the headset. Tried half a dozen different thinmgs, no luck....never required any action before. Checked BT screen and it said that TWH had just paired with Treo a few minutes before when I had gotten into the car.

This happened once before and turning the phone on and off solved the problem. But this time I tried a half dozen things before I finally got it workin and I have no idea which action made it work again. Anyone wanna volunteer as to which action causes this bugger to re-recognize itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by csherman
    Even when I put it in my front pocket it crackles.
    How do you hear when it's in your pocket?
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    Okay, just read all 4,377 messages in this thread ;-)

Still looking for more of a side-by-side comparison to the Scala. I am on my 2nd Scala -- like it but the crackling is really annoying. Even when I put it in my front pocket it crackles. I need more comparison -- please!!

Whoever has used the new TWH AND the Scala, please respond. Thanks!
    I can tell you this, I am on my second Scala and this morning it made its way onto eBay. Now looking at the HBH-608 or TWH.
    SprintPCS Treo 755p
    "Here's a question. After using the TWH with the Cingulat 650 for about 10 days, I got a cal yesterday and it did not switch to the headset. Tried half a dozen different thinmgs, no luck....never required any action before. Checked BT screen and it said that TWH had just paired with Treo a few minutes before when I had gotten into the car.

This happened once before and turning the phone on and off solved the problem. But this time I tried a half dozen things before I finally got it workin and I have no idea which action made it work again. Anyone wanna volunteer as to which action causes this bugger to re-recognize itself."

Same here. I have found a solution to be to plug the TWH into the charger for a few second and then reconnect. I have been on the phone with tech support for the last hour to no avail. Im gonna try and exchange it.
    anyone here think the motorola hs850 is worth getting for the treo 650? thanks
    So, the million dollar question is, who has it in stock and is not tearing out your eyeballs on the price? TreoCentral sells it for $69.95 which would be great if they had any to sell! Anyone know who has 'em???
    So, the million dollar question is, who has it in stock and is not tearing out your eyeballs on the price? TreoCentral sells it for $69.95 which would be great if they had any to sell! Anyone know who has 'em???

Right here I've ordered from them before with good results:

Sparco.com $52.86 plus ship
    Great price, no stock. Thanks anyway.... Anyone else?
    check daily. it was in stock last time i checked.
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    Great price, no stock. Thanks anyway.... Anyone else?
    Try Here
    SprintPCS Treo 755p
    Found it at Page Computers for $53.09 + Shipping. Thanks everyone!
    Quote Originally Posted by tcatnat
    Digitally Unique doesn't have it in stock either...I ordered one earlier today after I spoke with one of their operators and the operator telling me that they had them in stock. I got an email a couple of hours later stating that they were out. This sucks...everbody's out of stock.
    I just bought mine from buy.com for $52.71 with free shipping!! I can't wait to get this in. It'll be my first Bluetooth headset.
    Well, it looks like buy.com is out of stock today. I'm glad I placed my order yesterday.. I guess they weren't kidding when it displayed a "LOW INVENTORY! BUY NOW" on the page when I bought it.
    Found it at Page Computers for $53.09 + Shipping. Thanks everyone!
    Just got an email indicating they are out of stock. What a joke....
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    well just fyi,
    I did superglue the gel on 3 days ago and it has been fine. In fact, the first time it was in the wrong position so I took it off (after it had dried) and re glued it. You can take it off if you ever need to replace it, but it does stay on permanetly now.... The glue dries so quick that I don't think any went into the holes or anything... whatever, its on there tight now
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*
    Ordered mine from buy.com on Sunday and it has shipped!