Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    Is there a way to have your ringtone play in the headset when you get a call instead of the headset's ringer. Ideally, i'd like to have my ringers play when I get a call (they are mp3 ringtones) and the headsets ringer play when the phone is on silent. Can this be achieved?
    What's with the Echo Effect?
    People on the other end of my conversations say they hear their own voice to the point where they can't stand it.
    Anyone have pictures of the eargels on this headset? Can anyone give a review on how you sound in a noisy car on the other end? Does it do a good job with noise cancelling? I saw the post on the basketball game, but I'm more concerned about in car as I do most of my calls in my commute. Want to sound like I'm in the office
    Check this out for pics.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=78732
    Also, can anyone help with that question in post 261???
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Awesome with the gel
    BigEvan was right on....
    this thing rocks with the gel... too loud lol
    best headset i've used yet (with the gel)
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*
    it looks like when I use my TREO headset outside, people are having a hard tine hearing me. even though it's windy or anything, just the outside noise makes them say: "What was that? Can you repeat?" Does anybody have the same issue with the Treo Headset or simply I just got a bad one?
    Quote Originally Posted by horatiub
    it looks like when I use my TREO headset outside, people are having a hard tine hearing me. even though it's windy or anything, just the outside noise makes them say: "What was that? Can you repeat?" Does anybody have the same issue with the Treo Headset or simply I just got a bad one?

I have no problems with people hearing me, the only issue observed to date is that the speaker on a land line hears an echo....not of me but of themselves.

Anyone figured a way to negate this yet ?
    both traits of the last 2 posts are a deal killer for me. anyone know if they just have defective units?
    I imagine there are defective units, improper set up, conflicting hardware / software issues just like there is with any device. The echo has been described here as an unavoidable technology issue and can occur even w/o headsets and has to do with the time it takes a signal to travel over the air is longer than on a hard line.

I have never encountered the other issue of people not being able to hear me. Noise cancelling technology works by cancelling background noises. If the backgound noise is constant or of similar frequency / composition, it's easy for the algorithms to work.....if the noise is random, it has a harder time distinguising voice from these randonly occurring noises. Car and wind noise are easy cause, while variable in volume, they are of the same frequency range and nature.
    Any idea why you have to turn the headset back on after charging, even if it was on before attaching to the charger? Is this standard on other BT headsets?

I understand the headset can't be used while charging (having the charge cord extending from your ear to an outlet would look pretty funny anyway), but if the headset is on, I attach it to the charging cord, then detach it, the headset is off and I have to turn it back on again.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    I would guess charging while discharging (unit on) presents a circuitry issue which room doesn't allow for in such a tiny device. While on, it's designed to blink....while charginmg, it's designed to haave light off until it's full charged (lite on). Can't provide both those functions at the same time.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Mine works great. No problem outside. You guys must have defective units or a problem with the phone itself. As for turning it on after its charging, that's really not a big deal. You have to weigh the good against the bad and overall this is the best headset I've had yet. Just remember to put the gel on and get rid of the hook. It's 4 times louder with the gel. Mine connects every single time and it connects quickly. None of this 3-4 seconds...like some others... by that time the other party is asking hello? hello? and ready to hang up. lol
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    While on, it's designed to blink....while charginmg, it's designed to haave light off until it's full charged (lite on). Can't provide both those functions at the same time.
    This definately not a big deal, but my A210 stays on when I charge it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heat00
    Just remember to put the gel on and get rid of the hook. It's 4 times louder with the gel. Mine connects every single time and it connects quickly.
    Mine also conencts quickly (1st ring) though I rarely touch the headset. My dashboard (2004 Envoy) has two rounded "protruberances" in the middle of the dash. I have placed the Treo (w/ e-grips) right in the "cleavage" between these two bumps. The e-grips prevent it from moving even in panic stops. When I call out, I pick it up, hit the side button say "call Joe Blow at work" and then put it back down. When I receive a call I do the same thing, pick it up see who it is and tap answer on the Treo and I get sound at the headset before I can put the Treo down.

I can't imagine 4 times louder though.....my guess is I have it about half way up and it's plenty loud, sometimes I gotta knock it down and I have no ear gels.

Surprised you haven't heard the echo comment. It's not very noticeable but when I call the Treo, I can discern it on some land phones, others I can not. The treo and headset sound fine.....it's the land lines that get it occassionally and I have experienced this even w/o headsets in use. Have never heard it going cell phone to cell phone tho.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    sweet !
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    actually, the gel finally fell off today for the first time, while I was on a call of course, so I'm going back to the superglue idea lol.
    tonight I'm going to superglue the bad boy on for permanent use.
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*
    Well I took the time and solved the echo problem today. Just made an unimportant call, enlisted the help of the recipient and asked them to keep talking and tell me when the echo started. Moved the volume up and down on the headset and the Treo until I settled on this.

Turn volume onm headset all the way down by pushing "-" about 10 times. Start talking back and forth at a normal tone, roasing the volume anotch every 10 seconds or so. At level 2 on the screen the call is quiet, clear and of "normal "volume". At level 3, the caller on the land line hears a slight echo but only if they are looking for it. At higher levels, the echo increases according to volume.

On Heat00's sugegstion I tried an ear-gel.....seems radio shack only sells an 'assortment where 1 out the 6 will work 1 small, 1 medium and 1 large for the left ear and the same for the right. Lost some background sound and a very slight increase in volume. On other end, though , caller seems more susceptable to echo effect. No echo at level 2 but at higher levels the echo is louder than with the corresponding level and no gel. Right now I a going with he gel (and ear hook) as the gel alone require sit be stuffed a bit too far in my ear. The "shared load" between the gel and hook actually seems to make it more comfortable. I'll need a week to decide what's going to be the permanent solution.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heat00
    tonight I'm going to superglue the bad boy on for permanent use.
    I wonder if SuperGlue is a good idea... it might be safer to use something like clear adhesive silicone. At least that can't work it's way inside the headset, nor will it cause permanent damage to the casing. Plus, it might make it easier to replace the eargel in the future if need be.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    Just ordered this from the TC store, any idea when they'll ship?
    1 | 2
    Just got the headset and my experience so far has been great. The volume is more than enough (though I may try the eargel so that I don't have to deal with the earhook). Picks up immediately. No report of an echo. Mated with the Treo with no fuss at all. Maybe I'm just lucky....

There was a little crackling on a couple of calls, most noticeable when I was microwaving my lunch....wonder if that had anything to do with it. But really, no complaints at all.