Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast
    Heat,
    Thanks for getting back. I still have a couple weeks to keep the twh or return..so hopefully this sprint update will come soon/today and fix some of the issues. I should also be getting the scala today. I mainly wanted to compare the two.
    I too really like the fact that you can use one charger...but sound quality is more important..we'll see.
    I'll post back on how the scala is....should be later today.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    yes,
    let me know how the scala works out.
    I've read mixed reviews... I guess it really comes down to personal choice..
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Got the eargels... both colored and clear.
    The clear ones DO NOT work.
    The colored seem to fit a lot better... I'm still tossing around the idea of the superglue...lol
    The volume is much, much, much better with the eargel on. No need to press the stupid mute button with the eargel.
    Has anyone been brave enough to superglue on an eargel yet or am I going to be the guinie pig (sorry for the spelling).
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Well,
    I've used this TWH all day and overall I do recommend it.
    With the colored eargels it is 4 times louder than without the gels....
    It did fall off a couple of times so I'm going to superglue the biatch...lol
    I'll post pics tomorrow.
    It operated quite well today, connected quickly every single time.
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*
    ok, now that I have read a few reviews from you guys/gals, I have one question or shall I say request. Can all of you please provide us with if you are using a CDMA or GSM T650?? That way we can get a better reading on whether this volume issue is based on the headset itself or the actual phone. Has anyone with a Cingular T650 used the Jabra BT250? My T650 will be delivered tomorrow and I like the comfort level that I hear about the BT250. Maybe give me a lil review of the 2 paired together? I do have one question about the Treo BT headset though, is it easy to get onto your ear with one hand?? Cause I plan on using my headset about 95% in the car on long trips between stops and I can live with comfort issues if I can pull it on only to answer a call easily. Thanks
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    MIne is sprint.
    My TWH works great, especially with the colored ear gel.
    connected every time today, and quickly.
    with the eargel, volume is very loud and it fits fine without the loop.. actually more comfortable if ya ask me.
    I'll post pics tomorrow after I superglue the eargel on.
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    I did do the update today and it went smoothly. TWH is still working great.
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    I did the Sprint upgrade and now my TWH will not automatically connect on outbound calls nor does it ring on inbound calls. I can push the botton on the TWH to connect for in and out calls though. Anyone else run into the issue after upgrading the ROM?
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Heat00
    MIne is sprint.
    My TWH works great, especially with the colored ear gel.
    connected every time today, and quickly.
    with the eargel, volume is very loud and it fits fine without the loop.. actually more comfortable if ya ask me.
    I'll post pics tomorrow after I superglue the eargel on.
    How did the superglue experiment pan out?
    Does this thing have a hard on/off switch? Or do you have to hold down a button for 10 seconds like the Scala?
    Kurt, I'm assuming you're talking about the TWH. You have to hold down the button for about 5 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    Does this thing have a hard on/off switch? Or do you have to hold down a button for 10 seconds like the Scala?
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    lol,
    the superglue experiment went sour.
    I tried to superglue the colored ear gel and then noticed that it was in the wrong position... I guess I'm just retarded.
    The good news is that after taking that one off, I put the clear one on and it has stayed on all day, without the glue.. go figure.
    I guess there may have been a little left over or whatever was left and dried, made the surface a bit rough so the gel doesn't slip off anymore.
    I know this all sounds retarded, and I may go back and glue the clear one on now, but it's worth the trouble.
    Without the gel, at full volume outside I can't hear a dam thing.
    With the gel, I swear, it is 2-3 times louder, I have to turn it down. Not to mention that stupid loop bothers my dumbo ears and gets tangled with my sunglasses
    Other than that, the unit has performed flawlessly !!! Has connected every single time (before and after the sprint update) and it connects almost immediately. I am shocked. somtimes it is connected on outgoing calls as soon as it is ringing. no delay at all. This is truly a terific headset with the eargel. the eargel is a must!!
    I will post pics later, my camera battery is dead.
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    oh, and to answer your question, I have been able to answer and hang up incoming calls with the touch of the mf button. every time. I have never had to manually connect the twh to the treo itself.
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*
    Quote Originally Posted by illustreous
    Kurt, I'm assuming you're talking about the TWH. You have to hold down the button for about 5 seconds.
    Yes. Thanks for answering my question. The reason I ask is that i like to leave the headset off, but when I want to use it, I'm usually already on the phone, so the quicker I get it rockin the better.

Thanks.
    I have heard from several friends that there is an echo effect of thier voice on the other end of my calls placed with this new headset.

Thier voice to me sounds great, no echo, decent volume.
    Is there any tweaking I can do to solve this?
    Any ideas on why my Jabra 250 will not work on my 650? It works fine on my old phone but not the 650. The 650 sees it and pairs to it/ icon works ect but nothing comes through the HS. Ideas???
    Quote Originally Posted by Heat00
    yes,
    let me know how the scala works out.
    I've read mixed reviews... I guess it really comes down to personal choice..
    The scala is actually really good. Very loud..before the sprint update. Has tones when you end a call from the headset (handy.) Nice accessories. It fits extremely well to the head/face/ear. Overall a very nice headset.

Only problem which may be a deal breaker....uses a different charger.

The treo headset is considerably louder after the update and I'm not sure if possible, but the reception seems a bit cleaner.

Well..that's the skinny. Looks like after the update I may just stick with the treo after all..but the scala headset really is IMO a better headset.
    My new Scala 500 doesn't fit very well, it flops around a bit, doesn't stay up against the cheek like my buddy's Motorola. I think the speaker button is too big for an eargel. Any ideas on how to make it fit better?
    The speaker button should accomodate an eargel. It's no bigger than the treo headset and people are putting gels on that. You can even see some photos of the headset with eargels in these forums. Forgot where sorry..just search..

As far as the scala being floppy...the one I have is really actually very snug and the ear hook piece that goes through the headset is very very tight. No flopping around at all. also the curvature of the scala allows the speaker to fit nicely in my ear as opposed to the treo headset which has a no curved design. The treo headset flops around much more..

Ultimately it's a matter of preference and body type (big ears, small, etc.)..

Good luck..look through the other posts..you'll see the eargels in action with similar speakers/headsets.
    Yes.. I use the purple large jabra eargels with my scala 500. I still use the ear hanger, because it is more secure, but the eargel makes it louder in server rooms or car, and more comfortable.

Also, I cut the little wing off the jabra gel, because I am using the scala earhanger anyway. Cutting it off made the headset easier to get on and off.