Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast
    Ordered the Treo BT Headset Wednesday also, and I got a tracking number yesterday (Friday) and it is delivering this Monday (this after they told me it was back-ordered). Apparently it really isn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilJack
    Ordered the Treo BT Headset Wednesday also, and I got a tracking number yesterday (Friday) and it is delivering this Monday (this after they told me it was back-ordered). Apparently it really isn't.
    They seem to be confused. I called and was told that the Headset was in stock but cradle wasn't. After ordering the headset, I got a screen message saying problem w/ order. So I called and found out there was no problem. Asked this guy when cradles would arrive, he says they have arrived. Ask why my "palmbucks" haven't come outta pending status and he says I gotta call corporate on Monday. He asks if I wanna order cradle but I am a bit hesitant to order cradle as it's basically free to me as soon as mt Palmbucks clear.

He then says I could save on shipping if I order cradle and headset at same time so I say what the hell. ...I'm sure I will want something shortly anyway. So we pull order and make new one for both headset and cradle. THEN he says that headset should ship out on Tuesday and cradle on Friday ???

What hapened to my shipping savings if they go out on different days is my next question. He explains that there's hundreds of "pre-orders " for cradle that have to go out first and that's why it will take a week for processing.
    Quote Originally Posted by cgordonn
    I am having an issue with my new Treo Headset that has me troubled, wondering if anyone is having similar issues.

1 - When initiating a redail from the headset, the call starts and headset connects, but there is no sound. I am able to repeat this for any redail call initiated from the headset

2 - Initiating a call from speed dial button that has extra digits entered, like a calling card number. The numbers wont dial. If I turn the headset off and attempt the same call, the call goes through fine

Anyone else having similar issues?

CGordonn
    Ok, I wanted to revist my previous post above. This weekend I hard reset my Sprint Treo 650, and reinstalled only the apps I use most often. However I am still having issues with the redial last call from headset function.

I can hold the call button on the headset down, wait for 2 beeps (redial last call). The phone will wake, dial the call and route call to headset, but there is no sound in the headset. Headset works fine for all other calls except the redial from headset. I have a friend using the Scala 500 and he is having similar issues.

So, anyone else having problems with the redial from headset function on the new Treo BT headset?

CGordonn
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    sweet,
    they're going to be pissed because I've ordered and cancelled twice now lol
    oh well,
    I'm going to their site now to place an order.
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*
    Quote Originally Posted by sbdaigo
    The headset is VERY lite and nice. I did put my jabra ear jell on it and it stays on with NO problem. Since getting use to it I like the ear jell.The volume is more than loud enough. When I talk people say that it is really clear - so, so far so good. I do have to say though, I just had my HBH-660 replaced and I believe that Sony sent me a newer version because the paper work on this one mentions the 662 and my other did not. The new one works even better than the other 660 I had, so at the least, we are getting good choices. The only thing about the SonyE - there is NO WAY I get 5 hours talk time - we will see how the TREO goes.

I will post more as I use the Treo BT.
    sbdaigo~ can you tell me which you like better? the Treo headset or the SE660? I am going to return my 660 to Treo Central today cuz it's defective. I'm thinking about getting the new P1 headset. What would you recommend? I don't like the static on the 660 and the wind noise that all my callers are complaining about....... thx.
    These guys are very confused.....I got e-mails today saying the order which I had canceled was shipped and that they canceld the order I made to replace the canceled one. That is, I ordered a headset, and then cancelled it when they told me they had the cradles and ordered both (apparently they can't add an item to an order). Now they canceled the cradle / headset order and shipped me the headset order I had canceled..
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    These guys are very confused.....I got e-mails today saying the order which I had canceled was shipped and that they canceld the order I made to replace the canceled one. That is, I ordered a headset, and then cancelled it when they told me they had the cradles and ordered both (apparently they can't add an item to an order). Now they canceled the cradle / headset order and shipped me the headset order I had canceled..
    My head is spinning just reading your email!

Maybe you will get one of each for free now...I've had that happen before
    Siemens S46 -> Siemens S56 -> Motorola MPx200 -> Moto v600 -> Audiovox SMT5600 -> Treo 650 -> Motorola Q (14 days) -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700w -> Treo 750
    ordered mine thurs got it today. but it won't pair :-(
    Got mine yesterday and was able it give it a whirl this morning. First impressions from indoor usage:

1) Voice clarity is very good. Calling party agreed as well.
    2) Volume. Was not too impressed. Volume (at 50% on Treo and 50% on headset) was begging for a crank on the headset. Once it was cranked to full it felt reasonably loud. However, I fear that this may not be sufficient for outdoor noise, etc.
    3) Indoor range. I was impressed. I walked about 18-20 ft. away from the phone in my cramped NY apartment before receiving static/crackling. This is excellent considering the amount of concrete and RF is in the air around here
    4) Misc (fit/comfort, charging). Unit is very comfortable resting on the ear. I wear in-ear/canal phone when I listen to music so over-the-ear is a bit different for me. Love the fact that I can use Treo charger to charge headset.

Overall the unit is nice, fairly compact and easy to use. I'm a little bummed about the volume...but I'm gonna keep it.

I haven't had a chance to check out the call functions, so I'll be doing that today.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    They are messed up at P1.
    I replaced my order yesterday and they told me it was on backorder for a week. Then I got an email that it was shipped.
    I just got it this morning...sweet!
    I hope the volume is ok, now after reading emails I'm a bit concerned. I also thought I read that it came with the car charger and it wasn't in the package. Whatever, that's not important.
    The unit is charging now and I'll post my results later today.
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    can you put ear gels on this twh??
    It does seem a bit loose sitting on my ear....
    just wondering if anyone has tried that yet?
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Well I'm afraid I have bad news.... I just paired this thing and tried on two calls....
    It connects quickly and no static but I had to crank it to full volume on the phone and the twh and its not very loud at all...
    For inside use should be fine, but I'm sure in the car it aint going to cut it....
    I'm very dissapointed in the volume.... why can't they make these things a little louder... My hearing is ok but if your outside or in the car (where you mostly need this device) I don't think its going to work well....
    very weak ... I'm pissed... another $80 down the tube lol
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*
    GET EARGELS!!! I ordered the jabra ear gels from amazon.com for 2.69 and they make the headset uncomfortably loud. I wanted the headset to fit a little more snugly so I figured the eargels were the way to go. Now it fits like I want and the volume gets painfully loud. Give it a shot you will love it. In fact, I had to use the medium size cause the large ones protruded too much into my ear canal making the volume too loud at the lowest level. Try it!
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    Can you use eargels on this type of headset? I thought they were only for in-ear designs. I believe this one sits on the outside of your ear.
    The jabra ones fit over the speaker area perfectly. It is a jabra headset so naturally it works. Everyone has done it with the hbh-660, works the same way. I am gonna start a new thread with some pics.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    volume is great once I press and release the mute button... becomes twice as loud.
    I tried the clear gels and it fell off twice.
    Is there any difference between the clear and the colored?
    Did you glue it on?
    What about the mute program... where do i find it and does it work??
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*
    Heat00,
    Have you tried the scala 500? How does it compare?
    I'm just curious because, like you, I bought the treo headset and the volume could definitely be better. My headset also has the cracks and pops in it most of the time..so I was going to try the scala and see. I'm not sure if it will be any better, but I never had a bluetooth headset before so...I have nothing to really compare the treoheadset to.

Pizza
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    No, I never tried the scala... I see mostly good reviews..
    I have tried the moto 820 and the Jabra 250... Both were no good.
    The TWH is pretty good. Sound is very, very clear.. I have used it all day it connected every time, quickly, and the sound never had any hissing, crakling, or popping noises.
    I do wear the phone on my belt so it's pretty close to the headset with nothing in the way.
    The only problem is the volume... It is not very loud. I'm going to try the eargels and hopefully that will help..
    Pressing and releasing the mute button increased the volume by 100%. no kidding. It made a big difference.
    The other problem, maybe it's just me, after about 10-15 minutes the loop started bothering me pressing into the back of my ear.
    The eargel should solve that problem since the hook is removable.
    I did already try the clear ones, but it fell of the headset twice.
    Maybe the colored ones fit tighter.
    I'll post comments and pics tomorrow on the gels.
    Pizza, I don't really have an answer for you. The scala is cheaper but keep in mind, the TWH uses the SAME charing cord as the phone does.. that helps a lot.
    Can charge both devices in the car or home with one wire.
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*
    I bet after the firmware upgrade today it should fix the volume issues. Should be on P1s site later today!
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    from you mouth to P1's ears !!!!!!!!!!!
    amen.
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*