1.    #1  
    Here's the problem as I understand it:

Shadow sent a cable to the address his customer gave him. The address included a company name, but not a recipient name. The customer never got his cable.

Why we should help:

If we were able to exchange ideas on this board and solve the wi-fi problem, we should be able to brainstorm a solution to a lost package. We've all sold and bought enough online for this problem not to phase us. Plus Shadow helped give us all a feature that Palm never did.

ANY IDEAS?
  2.    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewTreo

Shadow sent a cable to the address his customer gave him. The address included a company name, but not a recipient name. The customer never got his cable.

Why we should help:

If we were able to exchange ideas on this board and solve the wi-fi problem, we should be able to brainstorm a solution to a lost package. We've all sold and bought enough online for this problem not to phase us. Plus Shadow helped give us all a feature that Palm never did.

ANY IDEAS?
    This is ok except that what shadow really wants is to be left alone. Let him recover in his own way. He wants less attention, not more.

Don't get me wrong. I think the offer to help is admirable.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewTreo

Why we should help:

ANY IDEAS?
    Yeah. Kick the guy who placed the order in his @$$ for not providing a name when he had something shipped to his work address rather than his personal address. I say he got what he deserved for not providing all of the information he could've.

If he wanted to ensure it got to him at work, he should've provided his name, department, floor, mail code, SSN, blood type, DNA sample, fingerprints, AND requested a signature receipt. I would never have anything of value shipped to me at work, too many people have their hands on it before it gets to me.
    Bottom line is since he used the USPS to send the package he has to initiate an investigation with them. He has to go to the Post Office he sent it from and ask for a Lost Mail form. I forget the form number... It is only available in the Post Office, not online.

If he used Delivery Confirmation or Signature Confirmation this problem would never happen and he could have the recipient take up the issue with the Post Office themselves if there was an issue.

Delivery Confirmation is free when using electronic label and payment methods like USPS Click-N-Ship
    Quote Originally Posted by jmill72x
    Yeah. Kick the guy who placed the order in his @$$ for not providing a name when he had something shipped to his work address rather than his personal address. I say he got what he deserved for not providing all of the information he could've.
    With this I have to agree.

Nobody including Shadowmite should feel any sympathy for the recipient (don't know if they are male or female).
    And I urge the person to come forward (if in fact they are a member of these boards) so that he/she may receive their caning....
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell
    With this I have to agree.

Nobody including Shadowmite should feel any sympathy for the recipient (don't know if they are male or female).

True, that was rather narrowminded of me.

Kick the guy OR girl who placed the order in his/her @$$......
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Selling physical products online is a pain in the ***. Anybody who's done it before will tell you that (I can't tell you how annoying it is when you ship a CD internationally and then it gets to its destination shattered or cracked). Don't get into the business of being a retailer if you don't want to deal with the public, annoying logistics problems, and so forth.

What Shadow ought to do is get the guys at the TreoCentral store to sell his cables for 75 bucks, let them take a cut, then he can make a batch of them when he feels up to it - it would be much more time efficient and less of a hassle, and he'd still be able to make a bit of money off his hobby. Or just give away the plans and let people do it themselves - screw em if they can't figure it out.

You should either keep your hobbies and your business separate, and only spend as much time on your hobbies as you find enjoyable, or if you want to mix the two, you need to expect it to become more like.. well... work! And then look at it from a risk/reward and profit-focused perspective and figure out what it makes sense to do in terms of cost to your time and sanity and how much money you make from it.