Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Cool, just got off the phone with a Sprint Rep, they said they will do a software flash when I go to the Sprint Store...and yes your right, it won't need to be claimed under insurance. BUT should I demand a new phone or accept this software reflash?
  2.    #22  
    Hopefully this will help someone else:
    Just wanted to say thanks...On a long shot I decided to try to hotsync Filez even though it was in a reset loop....and it worked. Everyone out there should download this app and donate heavily to the cause it saved me a lot of trouble...
    Well, I installed a new prc... the CCDA flash cards (from a CD that came with a Ciscopress book) for studying and right after hotsync, my 650 reset itself in a loop and I was not able to hard reset it.

I was able to hotsync during the loop however and install filez but the reset cycle did not stop. I took the unit to the Sprint store... they said to come back in two hours.

My Treo was very stable before that. I had maybe 2 or 3 resets in the 3 months I've had it. That's with Shadowmite's ROM#5 (the original one) which was very stable for over a month since I installed it.

I'll post the outcome soon.
    Sprint gave me a new one. I restored everything from my BBVFS backup from the SD card but I had GoodLink and my company has to update the server with my new ESN. Until then, I am without contatcs, mail, notes, tasks or calendar. Let's hope they can do it soon. I think having a GSM phone with a SIM card would have been much less trouble in this case!
    In case anyone finds this thread and thinks they have to bring the phone back for an exchange, that is NOT the case... I just found out a little too late. A "system reset", page 233 of the Treo 650 Sprint manual would have fixed my issue.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12