1.    #1  
    Hi,

I'm looking for an application which will make the Treo 600 stay ON and won't let it turn off after the time chosen in Prefs.
    I've already found 2 apps in Palmgear but I could not get them to run.
    Is there any other simple application which will do this simple task ?

What I've found :

1-
    Stay Awake 1.0
    http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...1&prodID=30275

2-
    Power Stay On 1.0
    http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...1&prodID=45684
    Profiles will do it - search for "simple profile manager"
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgreen
    Profiles will do it - search for "simple profile manager"
    Thanks for your reply, but...

It says (in the usage guide)>
    "General - The same settings as in the 'General' panel of the Prefs application. In addition you can change 'StayOnWhenPlugIn' property (when on, the Treo stays powered while charging)"

I don't want to make it "stay on when charging" , I want it to stay on always.

Any other application suggestions ?
  4.    #4  
    please someone help me on this one. I'm sure there are lot of applications which do this simple task. The problem is I couldn't find them...
    Try Opera for free and vote to get Opera on your Treo http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/OperaPalmOS
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by christine600
    I am not looking for an application to make it stay on IN CRADDLE.
    I want it to stay on regardlerss of chraging/craddle.

Please read carefully.
  7.    #7  
    Ok, I'e found this after trying many applications>
    http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...1&prodID=53028
    (Set Auto Power Off Gold 1.03)

This one seems to work, but it's a large application.
    Thanks to the authors. And it's freeware !!!
  8.    #8  
    This is also fine>
    http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...=1&prodID=1499
    (AlwaysOn)

it's free and also a small application (3K)
    I'm curious, why do you want to do this? Leaving the screen on for an extended period will suck the life out of the battery.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    There's a utility called Hi-Launcher. Basically it's a utility that allows you to create a fully customizable multi-level menu (much like the Windows "Start" menu) which pops up on the screen on top of the current running app at the touch of a button.

In addition to putting shortcuts to applications in this menu, there are a handful of "special" menu items that perform tasks instead of launching apps. One of those items will do exactly what you are looking for here: when selected it will toggle the Auto-Off preference setting without even making your screen blink; the menu will then close and you're still on the screen you were on before opening the menu.

Go to hilauncher.com for more info.
    Unlocked GSM Palm 650.
    You can also try Energy Dimmer This works fine.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    I'm curious, why do you want to do this? Leaving the screen on for an extended period will suck the life out of the battery.
    It's not for leaving the screen ON. It's for leaving the Treo on.
    That's for just leaving GPRS connection open (for my instant messaging software to run in the background when I turn off the screen)

Btw, is it possible somehow to leave the gprs connection on while turning the Treo off ?
    Been reading through the forums and have noticed that many of us are having issues with gprs dropping on the treo650, I too am looking for an app to keep my gprs connection constant, mainly because my verichat keeps reconnecting and failing to do so. What I think I'm looking for is an app that could ping a server for me at a configurable amount of time, Is there such an app out there or is there anyone here who could build one? and would it work?
    thanx
    /Vigge
    Perfect example to keep screen on is using a timer to time an event. Didn't realize until after the event, that Bob's Alarms actually had this feature under options - Very cool and easy to use timer. I found EasyOn didn't work on my Treo650 - now curious about Hi-Launcher.
    Using my Pre to help run: www.at-peace.net

Sharp Zaurus->HP Jornada->Sony Clie T615->Treo 650 (CDMA)->Treo 755p->Palm Pre (Disappointed) -> Iphone4 (Happy)
    Quote Originally Posted by ilkeraktuna
    It's not for leaving the screen ON. It's for leaving the Treo on.
    That's for just leaving GPRS connection open (for my instant messaging software to run in the background when I turn off the screen)

Btw, is it possible somehow to leave the gprs connection on while turning the Treo off ?
    Ah, now your question makes more sense. Pressing the red button, or letting the screen go off via the timeout, ONLY turns the screen off. Holding the red button down for several seconds turns the radio off. The rest of the Treo is NEVER off. Normally, the screen is the only thing that shuts off on a Treo, so when you ask for an app to keep the Treo on the screen is what people think you mean.

What you want is an app to keep the network connection on. I have a CDMA phone, but when I run an app that needs the network, and the network connection is off, it reconnets automatically. If the GSM/GPRS phone don't do that, look into TreoHelper. It has settings to automatically shut down the network connection after a timed interval, or "never." Maybe setting it to never will prevent it from timing out.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    Ah, now your question makes more sense. Pressing the red button, or letting the screen go off via the timeout, ONLY turns the screen off. Holding the red button down for several seconds turns the radio off. The rest of the Treo is NEVER off. Normally, the screen is the only thing that shuts off on a Treo, so when you ask for an app to keep the Treo on the screen is what people think you mean.

What you want is an app to keep the network connection on. I have a CDMA phone, but when I run an app that needs the network, and the network connection is off, it reconnets automatically. If the GSM/GPRS phone don't do that, look into TreoHelper. It has settings to automatically shut down the network connection after a timed interval, or "never." Maybe setting it to never will prevent it from timing out.

Thanks for your suggestion; I'll try TreoHelper.
    When I leave Verichat on and let the screen go off, the GPRS connection closes after some time. (but that's what happens with my Clie; I didn't test it with the Treo 650)
    If the situation is same with Treo, then I'll have to use an application to force the GPRS stay on.

Any other suggestions / experiences ?
    Any "one-tap" solution? It would be great if I could just tap on an icon in the launcher and a small dialog will pop up telling me that auto off is disabled. Tap again to re-enable. Any such app out there?
    Treo 680 Graphite, Unlocked GSM (FW: MW01.50 | SW: TREO680-1.04-ROW | HW: A)
  18.    #18  
    I found a great solution
    Actually the solution is in Verichat
    When I select "always-on" function of Verichat and select "data connection" , GPRS and Verichat stays on always. It also asks to reconnect if phone is reset.