Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just received this information along with downloading todays firmware upgrade. I hope it works.

Thank you for downloading the SprintPCS Treo 650 firmware update.
    Please follow the directions below to install your new firmware.

1. Sync your Treo 650 with your current Palm Desktop program. Conduct a soft reset if required.
    2. Fully backup your handheld onto your PC with a non-supplied backup program.
    3. Review your installed applications to verify that they are properly installed.
    4. Verify that your handheld is fully charged, or have available a second battery that you had to purchase in addition to your initial Treo 650 investment.
    5. Place your handheld on a level surface to avoid unwanted soft resets.
    6. Plug your Treo 650 into a Treo 650 desktop cradle and ensure that the proper international plug is attached the appropriate international wall socket. (Very Important)
    7. Double click the downloaded firmware revision and press enter. Re-boot your PC if needed, to a maximum to 7 times. If the firmware program does not allow you to start the process after 7 attempts, please wait 7 months and 7 days and try again.
    8. After your firmware revision has completed, attach your handheld to the cradle that you had to purchase and sync to your computer.
    9. While the hot sync is in process, you may want to take the time to review the “trouble shooting” section of the firmware upgrade. Please pay special attention to sections 102 through 214.
    10. If your firmware upgrade is successful, you may restart your handheld utilizing a soft reset. If your handheld does not restart, please call the 800 number in the troubleshooting section of the upgrade and hope for the best.
    11. If your upgrade is successful, unwanted soft resets should be reduce to a minimum of no less than two per hour.
    12. Thank you for contacting PalmOne for assistance.
    Last edited by Mort; 03/08/2005 at 03:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mort
    Just received this information along with downloading todays firmware upgrade. I hope it works.

Thank you for downloading the SprintPCS Treo 650 firmware update.
    Please follow the directions below to install your new firmware.
    new patch available? just sprint? link please?
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    yeah...link please!
    "Share the wealth if you would, and also, after flashing please provide us with any information regarding application/stability changes or new features (IE, resolution to btMute/BT volume issues)."

^^^^^^^^
    Edit: It appears I cannot read. I have been owned. I will go join the ranks of the n00bs. Please provide me with an address where I can send my Treo 650 to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Otter Emperor
    new patch available? just sprint? link please?
    yes please share where you got this info from.
    Truth is good, knowledge is power and it's the second mouse who gets the cheese
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Lol
    nothing on the palm support page
    HAHA....actually read the instructions...
    ITS A JOKE...GOOD ONE!!!!

I like Step number 7 the best!!!
    umm...
    I don't read carefully enough while I'm driving
    You know...most accidents these days happen because someone was preoccupied with their phone/pager/technologicthingamabob. That and drunk drivers...
    I can joke too
    So how do we say..."Hey Moderators, take this thread away, before another scandall starts to happen and we all go nuts!!!"

Good enough?
    Holy "Totally fell for that one" Batman!

I take full responsibility for responding first and worst!

Time to go home!!!!!!
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mort
    7. Double click the downloaded firmware revision and press enter. Re-boot your PC if needed, to a maximum to 7 times. If the firmware program does not allow you to start the process after 7 attempts, please wait 7 months and 7 days and try again.

This is the most laughable of them all. Get this joker off the boards.
  16.    #16  
    ouch
    jove.... we made our peace a while back. just having fun. Hope you've been well
    i know sir...everything's peachy!!!
    How's the old trumpet?
    Keepin the repo man away
    good for you buddy...
    Speaking of Repo....I'm a realtor if you ever need any help!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast