Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Folks, here is the reason I'm leaving this hobby, I just can't deal with this constantly. I just wanted to give a better explanation for why I'm tired of this. Personal information has been removed:

---------- Starts with my final reply...

You know what, demand or think what you want, I provide a service for people and if you want to try and take advantage of that, so be it. I shipped the cable when I said I did, it has had 7 days to travel. If and when it gets returned to me unopened I'll refund your payment. I have no proof that you didn't receive it and are just lying to get your payment back. Furthermore, I am not responsible for the US postal services problems, nor the fact that your confirmed address did not include your name in the shipping address (if that is in fact the problem).

I have the purchase receipt for the postage showing your destination address, that's proof enough to show that I did in fact ship a package to you. If you feel I'm being unreasonable feel free to post our emails to each other on treo central or shadowmite.com, and let's see who's being unreasonable.

I'm sorry you are upset about this, but if you will calm down and understand that I am not responsible for USPS problems we can get further here. If you'd like, I can go to the post office and file a lost item tracking request.

If you'd like to go look for the item around your buisness it really should be there by now, shipped to:
    XXXXXXXX Inc.
    XXXXXXXX
    New York, NY 10021
    United States

it was in a priority mail flat rate postage envelope. Thank you,

shadowmite

XXXXXXXX@mindspring.com wrote:

> I understand your position but must respectfully disagree. Hopefully we can find a solution that is mutually agreeable.
    > Please consider the problem from my point of view -- The package was shipped without any tracking information or insurance and I have not received it in over eight days. Since I have not received it, and can show proof that all delivered items are documented upon arrival, you must be responsible for it. In fact, I belive that PayPal policy requires packages to be shipped via a traceable method. I think that waiting eight days for an item that was shipped with a two or three day service level is reasonable.
    > As previoulsy requested, please send a replacement cable or refund my purchase price. If you send a replacement, I will return the unopened item if it arrives. If you refund my purchase price, I will return the cable to you if it arrives -- unopened. I am not looking for anything more than what I paid for with my purchase. I paid a premium price for a ready-made cable that I thought I would have quickly.
    > Thank you.
    >
    >
    > -----Original Message-----
    > From: Shadowmite <shadowmite@shadowmite.com>
    > Sent: Mar 8, 2005 1:44 PM
    > To: XXXXXXXX@stpart.com
    > Subject: Re: Cable purchase Request
    >
    > Sir, it was sent to the paypal confirmed address of:
    >
    > XXXXXXXX Inc.
    > XXXXXXXX
    > New York, NY 10021
    > United States
    >
    > I'm sorry about the delay but there really is nothing I can do until the package is returned to me if that's what is going to happen.
    >
    >XXXXXXXX@mindspring.com wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >> All packages to our address are logged. Everything in and out is documented. Please confirm that you sent it to the verified PayPal address:
    >>
    >> XXXXXXXX
    >> XXXXXXXX Inc.
    >> XXXXXXXX
    >> New York, NY 10021
    >>
    >> Even with a rare but possible delay, priority mail is received within a week, even from distances far away. If you will send another, I will send you back the un-opened second cable when it arrives. I have a Treo 650 that I need to program which requires using your cable or a similar alternative. With a further delay, I will need to purchase the parts and make the cable, an option I was trying to avoid by paying the premium to get one already made. You see, I have a CDMA Treo 650 that I need to put into service on my Verizon account as soon as possible.
    >>
    >> Unfortunately, without delivery confirmation or insurance, there is no way to track a USPS package.
    >>
    >> I would appreciate it if you could expedite a replacement.
    >> Thank you.
    >>
    >> -----Original Message-----
    >> From: Shadowmite <shadowmite@shadowmite.com>
    >> Sent: Mar 8, 2005 12:33 PM
    >> To: XXXXXXXX@stpart.com
    >> Subject: Re: Cable purchase Request
    >>
    >> It was shipped via priority mail, should have been there by now. There is no tracking number for that shipment service, but hopefully it'll be there soon. It was shipped that day as I said it would be.
    >>
    >>
    >> XXXXXXXX wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>> Hello. I have still not yet received the cable. Do you have a tracking
    >>> number so that I can see where it is and when to expect it?
    >>>
    >>> Thank you.
    >>>
    >>> -----Original Message-----
    >>> From: Shadowmite [mailto:shadowmite@shadowmite.com] Sent: Tuesday, March 01, 2005 1:49 PM
    >>> To: XXXXXXXX@stpart.com
    >>> Subject: Re: Cable purchase Request
    >>>
    >>> Got it, I'll get your cable out in a few minutes... Thanks...
    >>>
    >>> XXXXXXXX wrote:
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>> You have been sent the requested payment from XXXXXXXX
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>
    >>> Partners.
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>> Thank you.
    >>>>
    >>>> Please send the cable to the verified address in the email PayPal has sent
    >>>> you.
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>> -----Original Message-----
    >>>> From: Shadowmite [mailto:shadowmite@shadowmite.com] Sent: Tuesday, March 01, 2005 12:34 PM
    >>>> To: XXXXXXXX@stpart.com
    >>>> Subject: Re: Cable purchase Request
    >>>>
    >>>> Hello, I do have one available, they are $50 via paypal shipped. If you'd like to purchase one, please paypal the funds to XXXXXXXX and then drop me a email reply to this to let me know you've done so. I'll get your cable out right away. Thanks...
    >>>>
    >>>> XXXXXXXX wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>> I am interested in purchasing a "built" USB/Serial cable for getting the MSL code from a CDMA Treo 650. Please send me payment instructions if you have any for sale.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Thanks.
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    Would've been easier if you went UPS, but oh well.
    Palm III -> Sony Clie 73V + Sony Ericsson 610 -> Sony Ericcson P900 -> Nokia 6600 + IPAQ 4150 -> Treo 650 -> BenQ P50 -> Motorola Q -> Treo 755p -> HTC Titan (Sprint Mogul)
    ?
    We were sorry to see you go !
    Quit whining... Don't send out anymore cables then...
    you should not quit over a lost transaction. You are selling a product, I am not sure if you are making money or not, but that is up to you. And when you sell products you have to deal with customers, good or bad. Your services are greatly appreciated, and if you decide to leave it is your choice.
    Just for the record, i do not agree with your buyer in this case, if he wanted insured trackable shipping he should have made his choice clear and he should have paid for it.
    Treoing & Loving it
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoStallion
    Quit whining... Don't send out anymore cables then...
    Now that's a constructive answer....

I guess your new to this board, so in that case, Welcome!

You will find pleanty if good info on this site was well as friendly and helpful people too. This is one of the most visited and useful Treo sites on the net. Take some time to use the "search" function of this mesage board, due to all the good info you may find.

Regards, Matt
    Quote Originally Posted by gt5l
    you should not quit over a lost transaction. You are selling a product, I am not sure if you are making money or not, but that is up to you. And when you sell products you have to deal with customers, good or bad.
    Yeah.... wtf?? You were selling these cables for SOME kind of profit I'm sure. These are the things you gotta deal with. I'm sure in the long run, people like this will be the minority.
    *yawn*
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebar
    Yeah.... wtf?? You were selling these cables for SOME kind of profit I'm sure. These are the things you gotta deal with. I'm sure in the long run, people like this will be the minority.
    Actually no, they cost about $35 to make, and then the time to take them apart, solder, drive to the post office, and ship really takes the other $15. I make next to nothing on them.

This isn't the only such event. Constantly I get about 15 emails a day like this about some problem or another and everyone is convinced their problem is the end of the world. It's made it so that I "hate" being the "treo hacker". Can't I just go back to being me?

I'm having my email address shut off, that out to let me mellow out for awhile.

---

Not to mention I don't have any more, I'm done making them because of the time it cost me. His was the last one sold!

I'm sorry if I'm whining, I just needed to let out a little steam. I'm done now...
    Shadow... strap ya boots up soldier!!! There's no room for pantsies in this here jungle! Pick ya head boy, full speed ahead! If you can't stand the heat, you must stay out of the kitchen! I'm just simply letting you know man.... anytime you have a business, you're going to deal with these kinds of issues. So you can't let something so minor get to you! Move on soldier.
    BTW... I want to personally THANK YOU for the R3 patch!!!
    shadowmite, i understand you perfectly, as i too have been in situations similar to yours and it isnt pretty.

Hang in there is what all i can say (i dunno what else to say)...btw...i along with others appreciated everything and anything you do when it comes to the treo 6x0 series. You are truly one in a million to be able to produce "hacks" and modifications in no time flat..

ciao
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    It's made it so that I "hate" being the "treo hacker". Can't I just go back to being me?
    Oh lord. Your patches and roms and such have helped a lot of us modify our phones, but good God you need a reality check.

You are not Tom Cruise or Leo..you are "famous" on the internet only to some cell phone users, man you need to get your head out of the clouds.

Maybe you should change your custom title on your avatar if you hate being a "treo hacker" so much.

If you're going to leave then leave, stop posting trying to get sympathy by having some other internet people kissing your cyber-****.
    -Cal
    If you are going to leave... then just leave. You look like a complete attention ***** prima donna with this temper tantrum.

- E44
    Quote Originally Posted by Enzo44
    If you are going to leave... then just leave. You look like a complete attention ***** prim donna with this temper tantrum.

- E44
    From champ to chump in one posting. Wasn't long ago that these boards were full of support for shadow.

Man is this a tough group.
    One guy whines about a cable and now we lose the only hope for tech support. Sigh...
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewTreo
    From champ to chump in one posting. Wasn't long ago that these boards were full of support for shadow.

Man is this a tough group.
    I am not saying that he has no technical skills, or that he has no value to owners of the device. It goes without saying that he has skills and they are of substantial value. What is not of any value, ever, is the "you guys are jerks so I am not going to help you anymore because my ego cant take it, and my mommy didnt give me enough atteniton when I was a child, and you need to be nice to me and not disagree with me... blah blah blah blah blah" attitude.

Makes me wonder if the champ was a chump all along.

- E44
    Shadowmite, when you have to ship anything to customers (or people you just want to help or whatever they are) be sure to use Delivery Confirmation. Or use Signature Confirmation if you think they are suspect. I would highly recommend Signature Confirmation if the package is going to an apartment, since apartment complexes easily lose packages.

USPS Click-N-Ship offers free Delivery Confirmation when you use Priority Mail and you can drop the package in the mailbox without having to wait till the Post Office is open to ship your packages. Signature Confirmation is an extra $1.15. Use Signature Confirmation for anything you send and just up the cost to your customers.

Then if a customer complains about not getting something you can have them take it up with the US Postal Service. (I usually give the confirmation number to them when I ship so they know where to go to if there are any problems.) Not to mention you will have documented proof the package was received.

If you do a lot of shipping there are some good shipping label services I can talk to you about via PM. If you don't want to always use Priority or Express Mail with Click-N-Ship.
    Quote Originally Posted by Enzo44
    I am not saying that he has no technical skills, or that he has no value to owners of the device. It goes without saying that he has skills and they are of substantial value. What is not of any value, ever, is the "you guys are jerks so I am not going to help you anymore because my ego cant take it, and my mommy didnt give me enough atteniton when I was a child, and you need to be nice to me and not disagree with me... blah blah blah blah blah" attitude.

Makes me wonder if the champ was a chump all along.

- E44
    hmmmmm... good point. Sounds like he's a spoiled lil brat anywayz.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast