1.    #1  
    My girlfriend has my Treo 600 (on SprintPCS) and I have never updated it with the Updater 1.2 released last year from palmOne.

We wanted to send more SMS messages and she has had trouble with her Treo 600 resetting on each and every SMS I would send to her. So I decided that the Updater 1.2 couldn't hurt and might fix the SMS-reset issue.

All went well with the Update, but now when she attempts to get in her phone via the System Lockout screen, instead of "*" for each alphanumeric entry where she enters her password to unlock the phone, she gets a "box" in it's place? It doesn't seem to do anything other than just annoy me.

Has anyone seen this before? And yes... it did try and search the issue.

Thanks,
    Dave
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NMprofessional
    My girlfriend has my Treo 600 (on SprintPCS) and I have never updated it with the Updater 1.2 released last year from palmOne.

We wanted to send more SMS messages and she has had trouble with her Treo 600 resetting on each and every SMS I would send to her. So I decided that the Updater 1.2 couldn't hurt and might fix the SMS-reset issue.

All went well with the Update, but now when she attempts to get in her phone via the System Lockout screen, instead of "*" for each alphanumeric entry where she enters her password to unlock the phone, she gets a "box" in it's place? It doesn't seem to do anything other than just annoy me.

Has anyone seen this before? And yes... it did try and search the issue.

Thanks,
    Dave

I have seen those annoying boxes as well. But they do just that, annoy. It has no effect on anything else so dont worry about it