Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Does anyone use this case? I'm still hunting for the best case for my Treo 600. I started with the Covertec horizontal but didn't like the closure (the snap opened up and the treo fell up a few times) - I then shelled out money for the Vaja case but I'm unhappy with how much bigger it makes my treo feel - especially since I have the version with the belt clip.

Any feelings on the S600 Skin case? How much does it add to the overall dimensions of the case? Is it easy to still use the 5-way button even though its covered by the skin? How much does it add to the weight of the treo?

Thanks so much in advance
    I'm using it and I find it to be very convenient. I boutht it about a month ago, and I haven't removed the phone from it even once! It's very thin, so, it doesn't add much to the dimensions and it's very light. But, if you're not used to this type of case, you might find it more difficult to slide into or out of a tight pocket due to the rubbery texture. I've been using a skin case for my iPod, so, I'm used to this type of feel.

The dedicated buttons as well as the 5-way are very easy to use thru the case - again, this case is very thin, so, it's not a problem. The only thing I sometimes have a problem with is connecting the headset to the bottom. I always test it by pressing a button to listen for the beep. The case sometimes gets in the way and needs to be tugged at to let the headset plug fit all the way in. Other than that, I think it's great.

I do wish there was a built in belt clip on the back (like my iPod has). Although, I'm not really sure I'd want the screen exposed to the world. When I carry it outdoors, if it isn't in my jacket pocket, I keep it in my Sidekick-II case on my waist (still in the S600, though).
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    I have to agree with nycfonephreak on many of his points. I started with a Piel Frama case, which was very nice, but I just couldn't get used to carrying a phone on my hip. I then bought the skin case ( not the s600, but I really believe they were all the same and sold by different companies, mine had the same funky IR cutout as the rest). I liked it, except for the fact I like to carry my phone in my pocket, and the rubber made it very difficult to slip in and out.

The 5-way worked without a problem, the only thing that did not work too well, was the silent switch, that was very difficult to move. When I am in meetings, I don't want to hear my phone ring, so I switch it a lot. The weight and size were not a problem.

I ended up getting the Vaja without the clip, and I love being able to move the silent switch and being able to slide it in my pocket.
    I really like this case and want to get it, but I keep my Treo in my pocket (pants or jacket) all the time so I'm not sure if I should try it or not.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Has anyone had any experience with this case and a Covertec Horizontal case?
    m105 -> m130 -> Tungsten E -> Treo 600 (T-Mobile)