1.    #1  
    This looks really good. A bit expensive though

http://www.innopocket.com/web/showPr...=147&name=Palm
    Arrrrghhhh!!

I just bought my aluminum case from them and my ONLY complaint is the desire for a double-hinged swing-away cover - which this one has!! Drat!! What bad timing.
    that actually does look pretty sweet... why they designed it so that the top row of keys are poking thru the opening is beyond me though.
    It looks like a piece of charcoal.
    -Cal
    Any pics with the hinge folded completely backwards?
    Treo 680 Graphite, Unlocked GSM (FW: MW01.50 | SW: TREO680-1.04-ROW | HW: A)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebar
    that actually does look pretty sweet... why they designed it so that the top row of keys are poking thru the opening is beyond me though.
    probably for people with big thumbs to press the hard buttons easier ;-)
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
    i ripped off the door because it was driving me nuts - too big and flimsy.
    Palm III -> Palm IV -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755p
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebar
    It looks to me just like the existing aluminum case from that perspective - if the keys did not show at all, you could not reach in and press the 5-way switch and other keys.

That's because the case is not flush to the device, but sits up a bit so that the neoprene can cushion it and so that nothing is pressing onto the keys.
    This new case looks sweet to me, but I need to see some better customer service for I fork out $40 more bucks. (yeah Innopocket), I will/would probably get this new one also, cause I have dropped my 650 twice and it saved it both times, but the pin that holds the door on is beginning to slide out and the belt clip has broken (my bad), but not calling me back after 2 calls is your bad.
    I have the aluminum case for the 600, I took the pin out, shortened it by an eighth of an inch, and put it back in. Used a pair of pliers to pinch the aluminum on both sides of the hinge to keep the pin from sliding out. It's still flimsy, but at least I don't worry about the pin.

c
    Pin the end,,,and to think I'm a rocket scientist,,,go figure. Thanks for that tip c. And no I ain't a rs.......
    I've had the Treo 650 aluminun case from Innopocket for about a month an a half and I have a few things to report:
    -The case got scratch even though it is advertized as scratch resistant.
    -The case door is getting looser more every day to the point that I have problems getting it to close because it doesn't line up well.
    -On the back top left corner part of the case near the camara eye, it seems like the cushion material is peeling or coming out. I think is due to contact with the lens everytime I get it in and out. The funny thing is that I don't remove my Treo from the case that often. The issue is that since there is no cushion the metal corner might scratch the Treo.
    -The green phone hardware button is hard to press while in the case. I've tried to get use to it, but it is still a pain in the **** to press it.

Other than that every thing is fine. My Treo has 0 scratches thanks to this case. I hope the new case addresses this issue.

Thanks,

Al
    Well... the top row of keys need to be poking oout for your thumb or finger to fit through the opening and use the 5way button and those around it. I wished they'd made the opening a bit taller actually as I find it a bit difficult to use the buttons through the hole on the aluminum case.

Nice case but I won't upgrade - I like the weight of the phone on my hip and notice it when it's not there.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    The trick to this case is to snip off the bottom to expose the keys. This solves the case opening issue/looseness and really make the case usable yet still give you screen protection and access when needed.