Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    Fit is good. Size, weight, and comfort are all phenominal. Volume is rarely an issue anymore. All round I am very pleased. The only thing that bothers me is the fact that from my left hip to my right ear I get static! That's where I want to keep it! Ah, well. Perhaps I'll try the new Treo brand headset. It has BT1.2 (yes, I know the 650 doesn't but I remember reading where having the headset at 1.2 can make a difference) and allows you to answer a call waiting call, something I had been trying to "fix" on my Scala. I thought it was operator error.
    The Scala does not support answering Call Waiting.
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    I returned my Scala due to the charging cradle problem and am now waiting to see what the reviews are like on the new PalmOne Treo 650 headset.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles
    I returned my Scala due to the charging cradle problem and am now waiting to see what the reviews are like on the new PalmOne Treo 650 headset.
    Their tech support replaces the charging cradle for free and fast.
    i returned my cardo for RMA due to static problem and, later, the button got stuck too. they received on 3/2/05 and got a replacement on 3/14/05. Customer svc was OK (i had to call 2-3 times before i got a RMA). time to get replacement was slow! they claimed to have backorders on RMAs. anyways, the new one is no better than the old one on static.. but the static is not that bad. i just need to have the phone close to me all the time (no more than 1-2 ft away before hearing popcorn). i can walk 6ft until i get total distortion. i'll just keep using this one and perhaps wait for someone to buy the Treo one.
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Their tech support replaces the charging cradle for free and fast
    Not so easy to the UK. In any event, they presently have cradles on back order and suggest that an exchange by the retailer is currently the best bet.

But they added, "In the coming weeks though there will be a version of the Scala-500 available that does not require the charging cradle, so it may be worth the wait".
    Quote Originally Posted by treo600guy
    My first one had static, especially in my pocket, so they sent me a replacement (with the different color light) which seemed to me to have more static and even less volume, so I am back to my first one (hadn't sent it back yet) and waiting on another replacement. They told me that the human body in the way seems to cause the static, but I also find static when more than a couple feet away.

Exactly what happened to me, except I sent in my first one to get the second one. About to just give it up. Is really frustrating. I am happy, at least, that I only paid 30 bucks or so for it (buy.com)
    Nanotechnology Nerd
    i300-->i330-->i500-->6700(1 wk!)-->Sprintt650-->gsm650-->HTC Universal (1 mo.)-->gsm650-->Cing8525(3wks!)-->gsm650
    Quote Originally Posted by z3bum
    Can you all clarify the static issue on the Scala 500? I am evaluating one, and only get static when not near to the Treo or if the headset and Treo volume controls are turned up too much. Adjusting them makes the call very clear.

I am waiting for the Easy Rider helmet mounted headset. That should be interesting.
    For me, really, "static", I guess is really a misnomer. It is a "popping", loud, heard on both sides, that occurs every 5-10 seconds throughout the conversation. Between the pops, the sound is actually quite clear and static-free. Overall, it is irritating as hell and makes the darn thing unusable, IMO.

Nanotechnology Nerd
    i300-->i330-->i500-->6700(1 wk!)-->Sprintt650-->gsm650-->HTC Universal (1 mo.)-->gsm650-->Cing8525(3wks!)-->gsm650
    Could it be my treo?

I have now tried to pair two scalas, with no luck. I go through the process: it's recognized, it asks for the passcode, I get the "you can now use your wireless..." yet nothing. when I dial the phone, the headset never picks up. I push the control button, I jump up and down, I do the hokey pokey.. this is my second scala, both were exactly the same.
    any ideas? any solutions? I just want to use a wireless headset!!
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    I have a new Scala I just purchased from eBay. I too have static issues. How did you guys set up the RMA with Cardo? I have sent them an email about my porblem but have not heard back from them yet. It pairs flawlessly with my Treo 650 but the static is getting annoying.

Just to verify, my static is like a constant hissing sound in the background.
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    I just got of the phone with Cardo for the second time. They are apparently blaming this on the strength of the BT signal coming from the Treo 650. The first time they asked me to delete the Scala from BT and soft reset the Treo and repair. That did not work. So they are sending me the info to ship back and get a replacement.

He seemed confident that the new unit will work. I wonder if they made some tweaks on their end to fix the problem. He did say they get a lot of call from Treo 650 users about this.

Funny thing is that they do not have Treo 650 in their testing protocol. Seems like they should spend the few hundred bucks for one or maybe get Palm one to pony one up.
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    I need some help here. Cardo has sent me an RMA to exchange my Scala. However, they are asking me to include an invoice or receipt with the return. I purchased my Scala new off of eBay. Do you think my Paypal transaction invoice is enough? Should I just eat this thing and try and re-sell it on eBay and start all over?
    Why not try? It's just as easy for Cardo to send a new one as it is to send yours back. I bet you get a new one. I think Cardo has a pretty decent concept of customer goodwill based upon what I read here (haven't dealt with them as my scala-500 is performing well).

Todd/Indy
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12