Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    I have always used screen protectors from BoxWave but wondered if anyone has used the screen protector that comes with the T650? If so, how do you like it. If not, why not?
    I have always used screen protectors too - I love the one that came with the 650 (wish I had saved the template...) - it goes on very clear...hardly notice it's there.
    I cut my included screen protector too large by following the outside of the black line. Then I screwed it up trying to trim it with an exacto blade. I had to dump it.

I too also have used Boxwave screen protectors in the past so I purchased the Cleartouch for my 650. It is made of a thicker plastic which appears to be less resistant to crinkles and fingerprints and when I aligned it, I simply let it fall into place. It had almost no air bubbles, just a small one which I gently pressed out.

I have noticed that although my screen calibration remains perfect, I do have to press a little harder with my stylus for the touchscreen to respond. I am pleased with this screen protector: try the included PalmOne protector, you have nothing to lose. But if you're not happy with it, I recommend the Boxwave Cleartouch.
    I used it in the period I wait for the brando ultra-clear screen protector to get shipped....I think it's good for temporary use...but I love my brando much more.
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    I got the BoxWave Crystal protector yesterday and installed it, replacing the Palm supplied one. In the past, when I've tried Boxwave protectors, they were very difficult to install properly and I ended up damaging one and sending it back. This one wasn't really any different in that regard, but I did manage to get it installed ok. There are some small bubbles, or perhaps adhesive "ripples" from my multiple tries at alignment, but they are not really visible when the screen is on. Maybe they'll subside over time.

Appearance-wise, it seems about the same as the Palm protector, though considerably thicker. It does not have any anti-glare properties. In the same order, I bought a "standard" BoxWave protector for my TomTom Go, and it does a good job with glare.
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    What did you use to clean the screnn before applying the protector?
    The one that comes with the Treo 650 is garbage.
    I like the one that came with the phone so much that I bought extras from palmone. i've tried other
    Treoing & Loving it
    What is wrong with the protectors that TC offers?
    The one wiht the treo had gummy crap all over it - I can easily see that being a PITA when u replace it leave crap all over the screen.

The ones TC sells are evidently the same as Boxwave - I ordered some.
    Boxwave's are MUCH better than what comes with the Treo standard - and they are reusable. *Highly* recommended.
    Yeah- what they said: I ordered 10 from Palmone and promptly threw them in the trash. Their about as good as putting scotch tape on your screen. Spring for the $15 Boxwave. It's well worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by TxDot
    I have always used screen protectors from BoxWave but wondered if anyone has used the screen protector that comes with the T650? If so, how do you like it. If not, why not?
    They are almost impossible to remove when you decide to replace it with a better one like the Boxwave. Took a few hours for me.
    Ed
    Visor Deluxe, Prism, Visorphone, Treo 270, Treo 600, Treo 650, and am eagerly waiting for the next generation Treo...but wait...is that the iPhone????
    mine didn't come with a screen protector... is it a gsm thing?
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Yea, the protector included w/ the Treo is crapolla. High tack. Hard to cut and install. Even harder to remove.

The ones I bought from the TC Store are great. Pre-cut to fit. Easy to install. They have a low viscosity coating on the back that seals the protector very easily to the screen without trapping bubbles. They're thicker than most protectors I've tried and they resist smudges and fingerprints. Additionally, they are priced right and it was a pleasure doing business with TC. Jeez, I sound like a commercial.
    Casio A10 -> Casio E100 -> IPAQ 3600 -> IPAQ h1910 -> Treo 650 Sprint

www.techyrants.com
    So with the protectors that you can order right here from TreoCentral, are you telling me that if you utilize the touch screen with your fingers, that it won't smudge or create finger prints??? Someone help me out but that sounds a lil too good to be true.
    the best protector, in my experience of using dozens of different ones is Martin Fields.

Boxwave blows (albeit better than the one included with the Treo).
    iw as using the screen protector that came with it for about a week, and well then it started to bubble and everything, on went the boxwave
    Quote Originally Posted by sonson
    I used it in the period I wait for the brando ultra-clear screen protector to get shipped....I think it's good for temporary use...but I love my brando much more.

finaly another brando user.

Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    I have had several palmOS PDA's going back to the original pilot and to this day I have never used a screen protector. What is the real advantage you gain?? I have never had a problem with *any* screen over the years, nada!! Let me know. L8R
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast