Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dhammond_man
    So with the protectors that you can order right here from TreoCentral, are you telling me that if you utilize the touch screen with your fingers, that it won't smudge or create finger prints??? Someone help me out but that sounds a lil too good to be true.
    They are resistant..that's about as good as I can describe them. They still collect some oil and smudges, but it isn't as visible and cleans easily...and they're certainly better than a bare screen or some other protectors I've used. I usually just wipe the TC protectors with my shirt sleeve and that's about all it takes. I'll occasionally breathe on it first.
    Casio A10 -> Casio E100 -> IPAQ 3600 -> IPAQ h1910 -> Treo 650 Sprint

www.techyrants.com
    Cool, i need to go ahead and order those. I'm interested to know, if people out here ever use the stylus when touching the screen. Or do some use your fingers to utilize the touchscreen? I guess it's a good question if you have a good screen protector that doesn't show smudges/ fingerprints, etc... And especially since it's easy enought to clean just by using your t shirt or shirt sleeve.
    I applied the OEM protector with the Treo and it did its job for the couple of days that I had to wait before my boxwave came. The boxwave was thicker and provided more of a protection. The OEM protector, seriously, was a little thicker than a piece of high quality scotch tape. Nothing more...I would pay to protect such an investment as the Treo.

I am using crystal Boxwave atm and am very pleased with it. I think that having a screen protector is very important. I already have a minor scratch on the screen and is not that noticable. But am pleased that it is the protecor that has a scratch and NOT the screen

With the Boxwave screen on, I am able to use and navigate the screen effectively with the stylus as well as using my fingers. And as mentioned before, it is easy to clean with your sleeve or t-shirt.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    I think what you guys are calling the OEM provided protector is just the one they put on at the factory to protect the screen until you use the phone. I don't think it was intended to be an everyday protector. Just like the one that comes on the camera lens.
    Quote Originally Posted by phaggard
    I think what you guys are calling the OEM provided protector is just the one they put on at the factory to protect the screen until you use the phone. I don't think it was intended to be an everyday protector. Just like the one that comes on the camera lens.
    no, there was an actually screen protector, it came seperate. it had outlines so you could make it fit the device you have.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by AznTriniBwoy
    I am using crystal Boxwave atm and am very pleased with it. I think that having a screen protector is very important. I already have a minor scratch on the screen and is not that noticable. But am pleased that it is the protecor that has a scratch and NOT the screen

With the Boxwave screen on, I am able to use and navigate the screen effectively with the stylus as well as using my fingers. And as mentioned before, it is easy to clean with your sleeve or t-shirt.
    Which Boxwave screen protector are you using? They have two different ones on their website. There is the "ClearTouch Anti-Glare" and the "ClearTouch Crystal".
    I'm using generic Fellowes screen protectors that were made to fit the m130. They were on clearance at RadioShack for $4/12. We ruined the 1st 2 making the template for trimming to the right size. The third is on the phoone now. My husband made a photocopy of my Treo and took it to work. I now have a titanium template I can set down on the screen protector and trim around with an exacto for an absolutely perfect fit.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12