1.    #1  
    I was all set to switch from my Sprint T600 to a Cingular T650 and then found the bad news. I am a heavy user of Business Connection to push e-mail from my Exchange Server (behind firewall with no POP or IMAP access). It is a mere $5/mo. Cingular's Xpress Mail is identical, and free, but puts a nasty signature on the bottom of everything you send, which is a deal breaker for me. I need another push Corporate solution, and I want full syncing including calendar (so the Chatter/Fastmail won't work for me). Anything out there? If not, since this is so important to me, I'll have to get a Sprint T650.
    Well there is Versamail Active Sync which will pull email/calendar down directly from your exchange server. (No need for PC) But you're one of the lucky ones if you can get it to work properly.
    kattanm - what flavor of BizConn are you using that costs $5/month? I'm paying $10/month/user for BCEE and thinking of switching to the server version for control purposes, same cost and total control.

Why not keep BC on your Cingular phone? I use it on my corporate t-mobile accounts for my international travelers. Works flawlessly
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by cahsdad
    kattanm - what flavor of BizConn are you using that costs $5/month? I'm paying $10/month/user for BCEE and thinking of switching to the server version for control purposes, same cost and total control.

Why not keep BC on your Cingular phone? I use it on my corporate t-mobile accounts for my international travelers. Works flawlessly
    My bad: I am paying $10/mo for BCPE. Will Sprint sell me BCPE when I discontinue their plan? I figured I'd have to have a Sprint account.
    BCPE is FREE if you have a phone plan that is >$100 month. This also includes free unlimited data.

As for the automatic signature that Cingular is applying to your emails: Sprint did the same thing when the first rolled out business connection. Many of us on this board complained to Sprint, and they promptly removed this functionality from the product. I would suggest you call Cingular and log your complaints, and encourage other Cingular Xpress mail users to do the same.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    REally, BCPE is free for >$100 month plan??
    I currenty have the $100 for 2000 min plan... how do I get BCPE added for free from sprint??

Quote Originally Posted by jjennings
    BCPE is FREE if you have a phone plan that is >$100 month. This also includes free unlimited data.

As for the automatic signature that Cingular is applying to your emails: Sprint did the same thing when the first rolled out business connection. Many of us on this board complained to Sprint, and they promptly removed this functionality from the product. I would suggest you call Cingular and log your complaints, and encourage other Cingular Xpress mail users to do the same.