1.    #1  
    Does anyone else think that cingular seriously compromised the sweet design of the treo 650 by printing that nasty blue border around the screen?

Anyone out there tried to swap out the face plate yet? I haven't tried to mess with mine, but it looks like the face plate is just a molded piece of metal with adhesive on the back. I'd be fine with the palm one design (dark gray) or even a sprint branded one, just anything other than the blue!

As long as I'm wishing - I think an aftermarket face plate whith an ultra thin piece of black leather where the blue is would be pretty tight (and also feel nice against my ear).

http://www.palminfocenter.com/images...650_cing_S.jpg
    i kinda like it, gives it a bit of a different look from the others out there, and also it is product branding. On my Verizon phone i have then name "Verizon" on each and every side of my phone. Outer screen, battery door, close to the keyboard, and by the screen, every flat surface!
    Quote Originally Posted by John-John
    i kinda like it, gives it a bit of a different look from the others out there, and also it is product branding. On my Verizon phone i have then name "Verizon" on each and every side of my phone. Outer screen, battery door, close to the keyboard, and by the screen, every flat surface!
    Honestly, I feel exactly the way about my Sprint 650. I think they picked a grey for the screen border which doesn't match the blue at all. I think whomever signed off on those two color choices made some very poor matches.

IMO, the only really attractive one in the bunch is the PalmOne branded GSM unit.

http://www.palmone.com/us/products/s.../photos/01.jpg
    Last edited by libmanj; 03/08/2005 at 12:56 AM.
    I kinda like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by zer0gage
    Does anyone else think that cingular seriously compromised the sweet design of the treo 650 by printing that nasty blue border around the screen?

Anyone out there tried to swap out the face plate yet? I haven't tried to mess with mine, but it looks like the face plate is just a molded piece of metal with adhesive on the back. I'd be fine with the palm one design (dark gray) or even a sprint branded one, just anything other than the blue!

As long as I'm wishing - I think an aftermarket face plate whith an ultra thin piece of black leather where the blue is would be pretty tight (and also feel nice against my ear).

http://www.palminfocenter.com/images...650_cing_S.jpg

ah...the price of exclusivity....grey & unbranded
    treo 650: on my hand nya nya nya!
    I'm partial to the blue...
    Quote Originally Posted by libmanj
    IMO, the only really attractive one in the bunch is the PalmOne branded GSM unit.
    Exactly. I wish Sprint had gone that route.
    Grey is boring, I like the blue too.
    Quote Originally Posted by libmanj
    Honestly, I feel exactly the way about my Sprint 650. I think they picked a grey for the screen border which doesn't match the blue at all. I think whomever signed off on those two color choices made some very poor matches.

http://www.palmone.com/us/products/s.../photos/01.jpg
    I don't know if it's "ugly, but I do know the silver around the Sprint screen gets awfully "nasty" fingerprints on it and has to be cleaned alot. I wish they'd gone with the blue "non-smudgy" plastic for the whole phone. But I do LOVE the blue over the silver.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    www.skinit.com has adhesive skins available in lots of color/pattern options. I just got mine yesterday and haven't had a chance to use it yet...the pattern looks like it would cover the entire face plate of the 650, even around the keyboard buttons.
    I think some people don't have enough to keep them busy. I don't have time to worry about what color the faceplate on my Treo is.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    I think some people don't have enough to keep them busy. I don't have time to worry about what color the faceplate on my Treo is.
    At least you have enough time to let us know you don't have enough time...
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by creighton
    At least you have enough time to let us know you don't have enough time...
    I'm so busy, I don't even have enough time to let you know that I don't have enough time...
    :d
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb

look at it this way, if the biggest complaint about the phone is the color. then i guess your phone is working pretty well.

I could use some blue.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.