Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    I'm a bit overwhelmed with this new device (Treo 650).. I've never had anything like it before.. I'm very computer savy, but the Treo isn't coming as intuitively as I would have hoped.. Is there a very simple 'get you going' guide other than the booster-book that comes with it?

Several questions:

- Sometimes the device seems to reboot itself when I pick it up.. Why? Static electricity?

- Can I record a phone conversation? Or, is there a quick way to take notes while talking on the phone?

- Is there an easy way to add existing contacts on your SIM to a full contact page? I can't seem to do anything with the phone numbers I already had..

- How do you tell what programs are running? The first night I checked my email on the web, but I guess I didn't 'disconnect' and my battery drained..

- Can I use it to check my POP3 and yahoo emails, but not actually delete the emails in the account?

- Can you charge it via USB?

I apologize if these questions are already answered, I'm catching up on the boards as fast as I can..

I have a 1G SD card on it's way and plan to get a WiFi card..

-Matthew
    I have almost same questions but not all of these. Can anybody help?
    Any replies will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

-Daniel
    Quote Originally Posted by 3DPiper
    Several questions:

- Sometimes the device seems to reboot itself when I pick it up.. Why? Static electricity?
    Sometimes it does a "soft reset" for no reason anyone can figure out.

- Can I record a phone conversation? Or, is there a quick way to take notes while talking on the phone?
    The only way to record a phone conversation is to have a voice recording app (such as Sound Rec) and use the speakerphone while you are talking.

Quick way to take notes while talking on the phone? Use an earpiece, and take notes using Memopad, BugMe!, Diddlebug, or DayNotez.

- How do you tell what programs are running? The first night I checked my email on the web, but I guess I didn't 'disconnect' and my battery drained..
    If you screen is off, nothing should be draining your battery unless you have Pocket Tunes or something else playing music or actively using your data connection. I don't know why your battery drained - it shouldn't matter if you are "disconnected" or not.

- Can I use it to check my POP3 and yahoo emails, but not actually delete the emails in the account?
    For your POP3 mail, you need to find the option in your mail program to leave messages on the server. It works. For Yahoo, you need POP access (extra money) to download the email using yor Treo mail app. If you have Yahoo pop access, you an also leave the messages on the server.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!