1.    #1  
    I've read all the threads about third party software and how it's the end user's fault that this machine does'nt work. I'm not buying it. I don't mind spending a little time to get to know this little phone, but I have hit my limits. I cannot answer an incoming call now without a reset. I saw this somewhere on this forum but cannot find it.

I want to keep this phone so badly. If there were a Treo shop that got them ready for the real world, I would send mine there.
    Korndog
    Verizon 700p
    Quote Originally Posted by korndog
    I've read all the threads about third party software and how it's the end user's fault that this machine does'nt work. I'm not buying it. I don't mind spending a little time to get to know this little phone, but I have hit my limits. I cannot answer an incoming call now without a reset. I saw this somewhere on this forum but cannot find it.

I want to keep this phone so badly. If there were a Treo shop that got them ready for the real world, I would send mine there.

uh....most 'dumb' end user would just do a restore of their previous device on treo 650 and that caused lots of problem. At least that's what most user here complaining about. And yes, some incompatible apps which has NOT been updated to comply with treo 650
    treo 650: on my hand nya nya nya!
    Agree w/ original poster. I'm willing to work to use the 650. I talked my brother into a Blackberry b/c I knew he wouldn't have the patience or knowledge to deal w/the Treo. You shouldn't have to have all of these 3rd party apps to make it function.
    The driving idea behind Palm has always been simplicity. That power lays in having an usable device as opposed to how many functions its has.

Although Palm is clearly that to PocketPC, it does seem that Blackberry beat Palm at its own game!
    If simplicity is the PalmOS's game, Blackberry surely has beaten it on it's home turf. However, I'd argue extensibility (a word?) is also key to the PalmOS, and on that front, Blackberry can't hold a candle.
    BB is an email applicance. Treo is a smartphone/PDA/smart device/mini-PC......
    the big boss at my company has the new blackberry from t-mo.

it isn't going as smoothly as some would think. I'm sure a lot of this is because we dont have BES (yet), but he did have to install the OS again once it started crashing when making calls.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Hardware works great until you load software on it. Love the Treo, but the ability to load software on it is its own Achilles heel. Any other smartphone for that matter. The cooler the software the bigger the stubbed toe.

Remember the good ol days when you could just load Names and Numbers into a phone.

Derek