1.    #1  
    When I first got my treo the defualt sound played when Hotsyncing was the little melody.
    For some reason it has reverted to the 3 tone sound of the Palms of old and it is VERY loud. Any ideas what caused this and how I can get it back to the way it was?
    Last edited by kosh5; 03/08/2005 at 09:13 AM.
  2.    #2  
    Does anybody have any ideas on how to restore the defualt melody when a hotsync is performed.
    It is very load and annoying now and if I forget to turn the sound of whenI perform a hotsync at work it is a little embarassing
    The simplest way would be to just uninstall the Palm Desktop and reinstall.

Eric

Quote Originally Posted by kosh5
    Does anybody have any ideas on how to restore the defualt melody when a hotsync is performed.
    It is very load and annoying now and if I forget to turn the sound of whenI perform a hotsync at work it is a little embarassing
  4.    #4  
    Hmm, I'll give that a shot. Thanks!
  5.    #5  
    Well, unfortunately that didn't work. It certainly isn't the end of the world, but I find it unsettling that it would change like that.
    Any other ideas on what I could try?
    Thanks!
    Mine has developed this problem as well.
    "There has always been a tension in conservatism between those who favor more liberty and those who want more morality. But what's indisputable is that Bush's 'compassionate conservatism' is a move toward the latter - the use of the government to impose and subsidize certain morals over others. He is fusing big government liberalism with religious right moralism. It's the nanny-state with more cash." -- www.AndrewSullivan.com
    The melody comes from the Treo, not the PC, so probably a hard reset should bring it back. When you hotsync, the first time it should sound like the original. However, there may be some software coming over in the hotsync that is causing the change. The second hotsync may revert back to the old sound.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    did you ever get an answer to this problem? i know what caused the sound to change on mine, it's when i installed the Weight Watchers On-The-Go program. i don't consider a hard reset or uninstalling the program on option so there's got to be another way. is it a sound file that is being over written? Anybody??
    a dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    bump
    a dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste
    Heyyy! That's not fair! I've always wanted the old Palm Hotsync sound back....
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    Heyyy! That's not fair! I've always wanted the old Palm Hotsync sound back....
    I second that! Does anyone know how to hack the the old three tone sync into the Treo 650?
    My makeshift solution has been to install TechSounds5 from Ecamm Software. I then recorded my old IIIc performing a hotsync and edited the sample to produce WAV files with the two melodies.

Ideally I'd like to get hold of the MIDI files, which will take up less space and sound clearer.
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    Hmmm. I'm really surprised its so hard to find any info on where the sound files, in whatever format they may be, actually live. What's odd is that if they are in ROM, then how can they be changed by the weightwatcher program? Hell, if I wasn't afraid of screwing up something else (obviously, this program is not well behaved...) I'd install & delete it just to get the old hotsync melody back. Hey, so what if I'm frigging crazy for wanting it back, to me it was a happy little sound, kind of part of the palm's personality, and frankly unlike any sound in any other gadget I've ever owned. I really liked it. WTF. I can't tell you how many times I've heard that sound sitting up in bed w/ my T3 & my Inspiron 8100, hoping it wouldn't wake up my girlfriend two feet away. Yet it was a comforting sound when you were blasting as much sw into your pda as I was every night... Thank God for PilotInstall (Why the hell did palm have to break that on the 650, anyway?) The hotsync sound can't be that hard to change, maybe with an overlay, if we just knew what files were involved...
    I sometimes hotsync my IIIc just to hear that little melody.......
    HP Pre 3 (UK)