1.    #1  
    I have an interesting situation here:

I could not figure out why my 650 soft resets, I thought it might have something to do with verichat so I uninstalled it and no more resets. Then I tried Causerie Messenger and it was doing the same resets again.... so her we have 2 different AIMs doing the same thing. I did a hard reset and only installed verichat. I am still getting the resets so I know it is not software conflict (I dont think)
    What could it be? Does anyone else have this issue with verichat and resets?

The resets that I get are

while running phone
    datamgr.c line 8694
    dmwrite
    dmwritecheck failed

I am so fristered right now I could use any kind of advise.

Zander
    i have been using verichat with no problems .. after i found out that it has to be in the ram i only had reset problems when running off memory card...
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
  3.    #3  
    thanks for your reply:
    yeah i have 2 650 phone and the one works fine, but i am trying to find out what causes the dmwritecheck fail on this phone. i notice the 650 is so different fromeach phone to the other, and doing a search i see other people have seen dmwritecheck fail too. what could be the cause of this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zander
    thanks for your reply:
    yeah i have 2 650 phone and the one works fine, but i am trying to find out what causes the dmwritecheck fail on this phone. i notice the 650 is so different fromeach phone to the other, and doing a search i see other people have seen dmwritecheck fail too. what could be the cause of this?
    you probably have a corrupt database. your best bet is to hard-reset and rebuild your treo -- don't hotsync but install your applications again one at a time.
    I have been trying to get the forum to corral all these reset issues - I have the same issue - and there are lots of threads - search for "datamgr.c" or "PcLK" and you wil find them.

There is a way supposedly to fix these - deleting or editing the preference files - but so far that has not cured it for me.

I got the reset even on a virgin phone - hard reset, no sync, no install - left it sitting there and within 2 hours poof...

I am gonna get a replacement and then see...

I think there is some SW issue at work here..maybe HW..

It would be great if the people who have fixed it would post a step by step - it was not clear exactly what steps are taken after editing the preferences files...sync or not, etc.
  6.    #6  
    samehere actually last night fooling around with it i hard reset it and did nothing and it still did the dmwritecheck reset i dont know what could be wrong

zander
    Me too - I did a hard reset out of frustration and left the phone sitting there untouched - no sync, etc. within a fewhours Poof it spft reset itself. Same error. There is some fundamental bug at work here - there are too many threads like this for it to be a coincidence.

I guess this is the 650's equivalent of the "network search" issue we enjoyed with the 600

I have a replacement coming so who knows maybe that will help...
  8.    #8  
    I went to sprint pcs store and got my phone replaced and have had no problems since no resets at all and it has been over a week...

doing a search on the palm wesite for "dmwritecheck" you will see an issue palm had in the past with the memory onthe z4 .. some of the units had to be updated because of dmwritecheck resets ... i feel this is probably the same problem we are having withthe dmwritecheck errors on the 650

go get your phones replaced and call palm we need to escalite this issue
    I also have had no issues since I got a replacement - but then again my first one was fine for alomst three months before it started.