1.    #1  
    My trial is over and I'm wondering if PocketTunes Deluxe is worth double the price of $15 regular version?
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
    If you like to stream Shoutcast internet radio, you need the deluxe version.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Quote Originally Posted by heberman
    If you like to stream Shoutcast internet radio, you need the deluxe version.

that is what made me go for deluxe.
    the shoutcast streaming works incredibly well.
    just plug into your car stereo and internet radio in your car.
    iBug
    mac osx user new beetle pilot powerbook operator smartphone communicator

----------
    vzw.kyo6035 > vzw.kyo7135 > vzw.treo600 > sprint.treo650
    The deluxe version is on sale at PalmGear for $23.95 so it is not quite double at the moment. Not sure if it makes enough of a difference but it is $4 off regular price.
    MMPlayer does streaming, I believe, if you want to kill more birds (the video bird) with one stone. Don't know if it supports WMA, though.
  6.    #6  
    I never checked out Shoutcast. Is it stable? I'm trying to get my 650 stable after my iSync/iCal issues :/
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Retired Treo 650
    I have been having issues witht he deluxe version since I purchased it. I find it sometimes choppy. I never had this problem before with standard. Also, unless you have some type of unlimited data plan or are using bluetooth DUN on a 650 to stream it is not worth it the data is too expensive to stream.
    Unlimited data is a must if you are going to stream. Fortunately Sprint's plan is quite economical.
    If you have unlimited data and you like streaming via shoutcast or other places, Ptunes deluxe is a great App. The most recent update really makes a difference in a number of areas, including streaming (bigger buffer size) and ease of use (better 5-way support)
    I just downloaded P Tunes Deluxe last nigha and with Shoutcast I can only get about 20 seconds or less of a song before the sound cuts out with the message "buffering" at the top. This happens over and over. I am not sure about anyone else but this is pretty much unusable as far as listening to music.
    Quote Originally Posted by stringbeanie
    I just downloaded P Tunes Deluxe last nigha and with Shoutcast I can only get about 20 seconds or less of a song before the sound cuts out with the message "buffering" at the top. This happens over and over. I am not sure about anyone else but this is pretty much unusable as far as listening to music.
    That can happen for a couple of reasons.

1. The bitrate of the stream you are trying to play is too high for the speed of your data connection. Try some lower bitrate streams to see if that makes a difference.

2. There is too much network latency with the station you're connecting to. That means that it takes too long for data to get to your Treo from the station.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Ptunes deluxe is great. I was skeptical at first too, as I must be the only person here that actually didnt hate realplayer that came with the T650. However, now that I have ptunes deluxe, I love streaming internet radio!! It's great!!! SO worth the one time fee.
    For those that are streaming audio, would you mind describing why and when you use this feature?
    1 | 2
    Can realplayer that came with the 650 be deleted? I am thinking about ptunes but am concerned about the memory issue the Treo 650 has. Can ptunes run on my SD card?
    Quote Originally Posted by MFizzel
    For those that are streaming audio, would you mind describing why and when you use this feature?
    1. To listen to music/mp3 streams
    2. Whenever I want and have my treo and am in the network
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by txschafers
    Can realplayer that came with the 650 be deleted? I am thinking about ptunes but am concerned about the memory issue the Treo 650 has. Can ptunes run on my SD card?
    Yeah, can PTunes run off the SD card? Or only when you don't want to stream?
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Retired Treo 650
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    yes it can run off the SD card and stream, but only stream from sites you have in ptunes memory. If you want to connect to a station through Blazer, ptunes needs to be in RAM in order to start streaming after the download.