1.    #1  
    So, I'm having GPRS connection issues with my Treo and called p1 tech support to see if they can tell me what "Error Code: (0x400B)" means and I've been on-hold for 60 MINUTES...and counting!!

And, the best part, the recorded voice keeps telling me my expected wait time is greater than 5 mins...

Is this the standard sh**ty service they provide?
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unlocked GSM Treo 650 | T-Mobile
    Received: 2/10/2005
    welcome to the reality
    treo 650: on my hand nya nya nya!
    ha thats nothing

i was on hold for 75 mins, and my talk time with tech support was about 5 mins
    Fortunately I bought my 650 from a Cingular store. I've swapped it once for a new one, was in and out in 10 minutes.

A friend bought his from P1, was a total piece of junk. Called P1, was on hold for about 3 hours. He finally spoke with someone who said they would ship him a new 650. He then receives an e-mail the next day telling him that his Jabra 250 bluetooth headset has been shipped!!! Another call, much more time on hold, finally got someone to send out a 650.

oh... they didn't charge him for the Jabra 250, and said they don't want it back. Go figure.
  5.    #5  
    God, this is what I was afraid of - that this is typical SH**TY p1 service...

Oh, I've now been on-hold for 85 mins and counting...I'm about to hang up since it's 10pm EST. Man, this is SUCH BS!
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by jszobody
    Fortunately I bought my 650 from a Cingular store. I've swapped it once for a new one, was in and out in 10 minutes.

A friend bought his from P1, was a total piece of junk. Called P1, was on hold for about 3 hours. He finally spoke with someone who said they would ship him a new 650. He then receives an e-mail the next day telling him that his Jabra 250 bluetooth headset has been shipped!!! Another call, much more time on hold, finally got someone to send out a 650.

oh... they didn't charge him for the Jabra 250, and said they don't want it back. Go figure.
    Was your friend really on-hold for 3 hours??!!

Then again, I've been on-hold for 105 mins now...I think they have ONE person answering the phones.
  7.    #7  
    Ok, I've given up on p1 Tech Support...after 115 mins, I gave up. I guess I'll have to try again tomorrow night...
    to answer your question, in short, yes
    1 | 2
    Koolio, it sounds like you need a speaker phone, that what i usually do when i call somewhere and i know i will have unusal hold time, put the phone on speaker and just cruise the forums and net, time usually goes by pretty fast. but after 100 mins i can understand your frustrations, most mainstream movies do not exceed 115 mins, you could have call P1 go to the movies and come back and still be on hold......

:0
    Quote Originally Posted by koolio
    So, I'm having GPRS connection issues with my Treo and called p1 tech support to see if they can tell me what "Error Code: (0x400B)" means and I've been on-hold for 60 MINUTES...and counting!!

And, the best part, the recorded voice keeps telling me my expected wait time is greater than 5 mins...

Is this the standard sh**ty service they provide?
    I use Reverse DUN on my Treo alot, I have it so when I am at home it is using a Bluetooth connection to grab e-mail and data every 30 minutes...when I leave my home it then attempts to use that connection and when it can't I get that same error but I have it set to fall back on my normal GRPS account...this happens every 30 minutes while I am out and I am pretty positive I get that same error code...not sure this helps you at all but this is what happens when I am out of range of my Bluetooth connection at home.

Even with this error though it goes away after maybe 5-10 seconds on not finding the Bluetooth connection and just downloads what it needs to using GRPS service
    I do the same at work and at home. I use reverse DUN (at work) or a Belkin bluetooth network access point (at home) for in-office and in-home use, and falls back to GMRS when out of range.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    Welcome to the wonderful world of F1, where $700 gives you free phone calls to unempowered Indians.
    Hey, we are the idiots that keep buying the product.

Maybe if we all sent them back, P1 might actually fix the problems and actually give some customer service.
    i was onhold last night for 105 mins, somone finally answered. i do what john-john does, put that baby on speaker and do other stuff.. the time flys by.

i'm exchanging my treo because of the lock up probs and re-boots. i just gotta wait for a RMA# now
  15.    #15  
    Well, here's my solution: called p1 tonight and they're overnighting me a replacement unit. I also requested to have a unit shipped with the newer firmware and software versions (1.15 and 1.06). It was this issue and the new one that developed today: while having a phone conversation, I would hear a 'click' sound and suddenly I don't hear the other caller and when I talk, I hear it in my earpiece. This happened repeatedly and after soft resets.

I asked the p1 tech support person what this error code meant, and he said it's b/c the phone couldn't find a data connection. But, there weren't any data network outages when I get these error messages...

Oh, I was only on-hold for 15 minutes this time...