1.    #1  
    What is the best Find replacement utility for the Treo? The ones I've seen in Palmgear all seem several years old, and I assume they wouldn't support the Navigator buttons.

Any recommendations?

On my Palm Vx I used SuperFinderHack, but it is not compatible with the Treo 650.
    FindHack. Another good one is this one
    - always ill, but highly intelligent -
    webmaster Palmclub.nl
  3.    #3  
    Thanks. FindHack looks like just what I was seeking.
    Ditto Intelligentfind. I've used it for years, it gets regular updates. Good support.
    I've been using IntelligentFind as well-- it does one thing that I haven't seen in others-- it lists the dates for datebook entries it finds in searchers. Very helpful when you have many years worth of entries...
    Psion 3a > Palm Vx w/ Omnisky > Blackberry 850 > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700P > Apple iPhone
    I use Widefind and I love it! Seems to get the job done. Searches the pda and the internet. Froogle, Ebay, even does definitions. Heres a link...

http://www.electricpocket.com/products/widefind.html
    Quote Originally Posted by thomasanderson
    I use Widefind and I love it! Seems to get the job done. Searches the pda and the internet. Froogle, Ebay, even does definitions. Heres a link...

http://www.electricpocket.com/products/widefind.html
    Sounds interesting...when it searches on the Treo, is the output the same as the Palm find program?
    Psion 3a > Palm Vx w/ Omnisky > Blackberry 850 > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700P > Apple iPhone
    Yes it is. Although It yields more extensive results IMO.
    I think anything made by Ranosoft is bound to be the best

Memory Scanner

Heres the rest of their stuff link
    I just downloaded the trial for intelligentfind and it looks like a great search program. It doesn't appear to search through my contacts database on my Treo600. In the list of applications to enable/disable for searching, there's no phone, contacts, or address option. Anybody know how to get it to search contacts?
    On the Treo 650 all of those databases are available in the list of possible applications. Unfortuntately, however, it doesn't work so well with ChatterEmail, as it reset the Treo a few times when it was searching that database. It also didn't seem to search all folders and all fields reliably. Too bad, since in concept it looks like a great program, though I did find other quirks and unreliabilities in how it worked.
    Last edited by MobileGuy; 10/12/2005 at 11:16 PM. Reason: add title