1.    #1  
    PDABuzz and Palmstation have articles about a "crack" version of Liberty written by the author of Liberty.

Apparently with this, there is a possibility that it can remove all applications from the device.

The author has an explanation of what happened here.

Bret Snyder<BR>If you don't know where you're going,<BR>You'll probably end up somewhere else.
    Well ya know .. Now that McAfee has their virus scanner out (see http://www.visorcentral.com/news.php3?id=469 ) for about two months, its about time the platform got some trojans and viruses .. what good is a virus scanner without'em?

Joe
    I think it is bad business practice for a company to develop a trojan horse program to prevent people from reverse engineering their programs. I realize companies lose money to illegal cracks and black market software, but this is akin to automobile manufacturers having an exploding engine to keep non-dealership mechanics from working on your car. Build a good product, charge a fair price and I don't think you have to worry too much about cracks.

RadarGreg