1.    #1  
    Bought my wife a 650 in January and ordered her the free SD card and it was labeled Palm. Just got the one for my phone that I bought about 3 weeks ago and it is labeled from the worst card maker there is Simplecrap... seen this brand of card rated poorly, lots of failures and plain just not working well in some PDA's

Rj
    Last edited by rjflyn; 03/07/2005 at 04:27 PM.
    now they are getting cheap?
    1 | 2
    ?
    The offer page shows a SimpleTech card and always has: http://web.palmone.com/support/sd.jhtml
  5.    #5  
    My bad, but still the first one we got was a PalmOne card. It seems to work ok... now if they can only get the memory issues fixed. Have a program that hangs every time I try to run it and its suppose to run from the SD without problem.

Rj
    Have you tried using PowerRun to run it off the SD card?

Slightly off topic, but I think Palm should be including a copy of PowerRun with all these free SD cards they're giving out anyway. The problem most people have is that they don't have enough space internally to store their programs. Many programs have secondary databases that need to be loaded before they can be used, and PowerRun will take care of loading these. In other words, for the problem on the Treo 650, an SD card might not be enough, but a program such as PowerRun or ZLauncher that will load not only the main .prc file needed but also all associated pdb files is necessary.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    I was in a PalmOne store the other day asking why their SD cards are about 50 to 100 more expensive than the ones we can buy in Walmart. I bought a 128 for $10 the other day. They told me that Palm is buying them from SanDisk and just relabeling them so they can charge more! Maybe this isn't true, but I wouldnt be surprised.
    i got the same one simpletech but haven't used it yet .. was just going to put a couple mp3s on it hope it can atleast be good for that...
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
    That card works just fine for my digital camera
    It is true that they just relable sandisk cards...If you don't format one right out of the box it has a SanDisk "label" on the volume when you mount it in windows...

Also, the cardinfo app will tell you its SanDisk.

So yeah, they basically just take the SanDisk cards, put a Palm logo on it and jack up the price.
    Quote Originally Posted by BenJoeM
    I was in a PalmOne store the other day asking why their SD cards are about 50 to 100 more expensive than the ones we can buy in Walmart. I bought a 128 for $10 the other day. They told me that Palm is buying them from SanDisk and just relabeling them so they can charge more! Maybe this isn't true, but I wouldnt be surprised.
    You better believe it's TRUE! Happens all the time too, been happening for ages now. A lot of BIG name companies take other manufacturers products and "Rebadge" them. Go ahead and google "rebadge".