1.    #1  
    My boss just got a 650, he wants me to set him up here at work to sync with outlook, so he can get our company's phone book. The thing is he syncs at home with palm desktop. I know that I had sync'ed my t3 with outlook here when I first started,(I also use palm desktop at home) but don't want to screw his treo up (He's anal), and forgot how I did this. What would be the best way to set him up here at work to sync with outlook xp? and still be fine syncing at home with palm desktop? He only wants our company's address book, he said he doesen't need calendar,notes,etc. so if there is an easy way to do this let me know. Will I run into conflicts syncing with outlook at work, and palm desktop at home? Thanx for all the help guys.
    Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    At home have him set his hotsync to handleheld over writes PC and at work sync all. This will keep his home from causing duplicates. IT takes longer, but I'm guessing he won't be syncing at home all the time.
    Mike G

Touch (Sprint)
  3. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by soccrnj80
    My boss just got a 650, he wants me to set him up here at work to sync with outlook, so he can get our company's phone book. The thing is he syncs at home with palm desktop. I know that I had sync'ed my t3 with outlook here when I first started,(I also use palm desktop at home) but don't want to screw his treo up (He's anal), and forgot how I did this. What would be the best way to set him up here at work to sync with outlook xp? and still be fine syncing at home with palm desktop? He only wants our company's address book, he said he doesen't need calendar,notes,etc. so if there is an easy way to do this let me know. Will I run into conflicts syncing with outlook at work, and palm desktop at home? Thanx for all the help guys.
    Go to the HotSync icon in the sys. tray, right click, goto "custom", goto Calendar[Outlook], click "change", click "settings", then check "enable sync on mutiple computers". Viola!! Make sure he does it on both computers (work & home). He should be a good as gold.
  4. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mg48
    At home have him set his hotsync to handleheld over writes PC and at work sync all. This will keep his home from causing duplicates. IT takes longer, but I'm guessing he won't be syncing at home all the time.
    There is an easier way to do this, see post above.
  5.    #5  
    thanx for the help. On his work pc where do I set it to sync with outlook? He is set to sync with palm desktop at home, and it's working fine. What I guess I am asking is what should I set his work pc to sync? Through the palm cd do I choose outlook to sync with? Will his 650 get updated, say if he enters a new# from his home pc with palm desktop, then say, there is a new # added to his outlook contacts? what do you recommend? He has to be difficult,lol. I really appreciate you guys helping me, this guy can be a pain in the a@%.
  6. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by soccrnj80
    thanx for the help. On his work pc where do I set it to sync with outlook? He is set to sync with palm desktop at home, and it's working fine. What I guess I am asking is what should I set his work pc to sync? Through the palm cd do I choose outlook to sync with? Will his 650 get updated, say if he enters a new# from his home pc with palm desktop, then say, there is a new # added to his outlook contacts? what do you recommend? He has to be difficult,lol. I really appreciate you guys helping me, this guy can be a pain in the a@%.
    No, prob on the help side. As far as mixing the 2 I would suggest he stay with one program. I use outlook on both my comps. and I have no problem adding one contact to another then syncing with a different one.
  7.    #7  
    Thanks. I'll tell him that I asked the experts, and that while it's possible, it's not reommended. He must choose one program like any other normal human being to sync with, and not make me go crazy to figure out something that he'll most likely screw up(lol). I know that you probably can do this, but it's not like he "needs" this, and what he don't know won't hurt him. Thanks for the help.
    You could try DataViz Beyond Contacts. It installs an entirely independent Calendar, Notes, To-Do, and Contacts database that won't even touch the built in palm databases. Additionally, it's set up to be able to sync up the company's global contacts. It also has a native Outlook look and feel to it and since it has it's own databases, supports all of the outlook contacts fields natively.
    I use Beyond Contacts to sync up my outlook with work stuff, and use the built in palm databases for personal stuff.

http://www.dataviz.com/products/beyo...cts/index.html
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    Is it possible to sync your mail with Outlook (work email), personal mail with Outlook express (hotmail), and then sync the calendar with the palm calendar application?
    Just wait until you sync it to the corp. directly, and the memory gets all gobbled up and the device becomes useless.

Your boss will love that...
    Invest in BackupBuddyVFS so if/when you F it up, you can restore it w/o losing your job.