1.    #1  
    After weeks of trying to find ou why CalendarDB was giving me probems I found out that getting rid of DateBookDB is the main reason. Let me explain:

I read somewhere on TreoCentral that by deleting DateBookDB you could save almost 1MB of memory in some cases. Also If you are using DateBk5 you can install a pilmcosoftware app called deletepims which will do it automaticaly. The idea behind this is that in the Treo 650 CalendarDB replaces DateBookDB, but DateBookDB could still be used by other apps that do not point at CalendarDB.
    Now, if you get rid of DateBookDB and if an app try to access it and it refered to a datebook app your CalendarDB will get corrupted. If it doesn't get corrupted inmidiately, it will eventually do if it causes a soft reset. Remember that open databases in a soft reset get easily corrupted on the Treo 650. So my advise is not to mess with it and be on the safe side.

I hope this helps,

Al
    Usually you can delete the DeletePIMs application, soft reset, then run dbscan. It'll show any database errors or undeleted entries which you can then remove with dbscan. Reinstall DeletePIMs and you should be back in business. I discovered this after much trial-and-error.
    I love threaf titles like this one. Sorry it didn't work for you. I've read many posts from users successfully deleting the legacy db's (myself included). Yours is the first problem I've seen. There seems to be no hard and fast rule for anything on this treo. What works for one doesn't always work for others and conversely what doesn't work for one may work for others. Thread titles such as yours lead to confusion in my opnion. How about "deletion of datebook db led to the following issue for me"?

thanks for sharing your experience.
    A lil off topic, but since you were speaking of Datebook5; why is it that when an alarm rings you cannot interrupt it and stop the Alert?

This is driving me nuts. I am considering taking Datebook5 off if I can't fix it.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekyMom
    A lil off topic, but since you were speaking of Datebook5; why is it that when an alarm rings you cannot interrupt it and stop the Alert?

This is driving me nuts. I am considering taking Datebook5 off if I can't fix it.
    I had the same problem with datebook5 and Bobs alarms.
    But it is easy to fix.
    Just dont let Datebook5 handle your alarms.
    Its in preferences.

Just use the built in calender preferences instead.
    I love everything else about Datebook5.
    I deleted datebookDB and MemoDB using DeletePIMs only to find out that I could not find a Birthdays/Anniversaries/Events/Holidays application(s) that works exclusively with CalendarDB. Therefore I needed the databases back.

Syncing, reseting, looking were all futile in restoring the legacy databases. Luckily I still have my T3 so I hardreset it and (bluetooth) sent "virgin" datebookDB and MemoDB databases back to my 650. They need to be "virgin" or the calendar entries appear to merge. I also deleted deletePIMs. Since then, 3 days ago, I have been able to run HappyDays and Holidays without problems. My CalendarDB is not corrupted. Nor is my DatebookDB since I have run dbScan since. I hope this information is useful to someone...
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    I love threaf titles like this one. Sorry it didn't work for you. I've read many posts from users successfully deleting the legacy db's (myself included). Yours is the first problem I've seen. There seems to be no hard and fast rule for anything on this treo. What works for one doesn't always work for others and conversely what doesn't work for one may work for others. Thread titles such as yours lead to confusion in my opnion. How about "deletion of datebook db led to the following issue for me"?

thanks for sharing your experience.
    Hey Bud,
    I'm not the only one who had problems like this read on other threads and you will see. Anyway, why risk it when you can play on the safe side? Now if all your apps in your Treo have been updated to work with the Treo then ignore my post, though I doubt it.

Al
    Hey Sport,

I see your point, just offering my view on thread titles that imply 100 % consistent behavior for a situation when that is not the case.

PH
    I know WASSUP is one of the app that will refer to this file and keep bringing it back to life
    I have detailed files.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo
    After weeks of trying to find ou why CalendarDB was giving me probems I found out that getting rid of DateBookDB is the main reason. Let me explain:

I read somewhere on TreoCentral that by deleting DateBookDB you could save almost 1MB of memory in some cases. Also If you are using DateBk5 you can install a pilmcosoftware app called deletepims which will do it automaticaly. The idea behind this is that in the Treo 650 CalendarDB replaces DateBookDB, but DateBookDB could still be used by other apps that do not point at CalendarDB.
    Now, if you get rid of DateBookDB and if an app try to access it and it refered to a datebook app your CalendarDB will get corrupted. If it doesn't get corrupted inmidiately, it will eventually do if it causes a soft reset. Remember that open databases in a soft reset get easily corrupted on the Treo 650. So my advise is not to mess with it and be on the safe side.

I hope this helps,

Al
    I deleted DateBookDB since it was taking up 6MB for me, but now your post has me worried. Could you list the apps you're using, or do you have a guess as to what app is trying to access DateBookDB?

thanks,
    John
    Quote Originally Posted by Longstrider
    But it is easy to fix.
    Its in preferences.

Thanks! I love it when it is just is a simple solution right there under the nose.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
  12. ceb
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longstrider
    But it is easy to fix.
    Its in preferences.

Have you found a solution to Bob's alarm as well?
    Cheers

Charles