1.    #1  
    In an attempt to get to the bottom of this I am risking the wrath of the forum by starting yet another soft reset thread. There are SO many but I think we may be getting closer and I felt perhaps this might get more attention to a problem a lot of us have.

There are a lot of talented people in here who can make more sense of this than me (end of shameless suck up)

This thread
    contains some good info. Using this I started messing with Saved Prefs and the PcLK entries.

At this point, when a reset occurs, a new entry for PcLK is created in Saved Prefs. There have been a lot of mentions of network time, calendar, etc. so maybe all this is from some common chunk of Palm code that is using the PcLK routine and triggering these resets?

I found this link for PcLK

Anyone know how we can find what app is triggering this PcLK entry - maybe this is the root cause ?
    Last edited by robotron; 03/07/2005 at 02:29 PM.
  2.    #2  
    UPDATE: This HW Device Link

mentions PCLK and also Palm OS - maybe this is some HW component in the Treo that is the root of this?

Anyone want to dig into this - I am not sure where to go next...
    I think the reason it reappears is that the first thing you do after a soft reset is set the date and time... I don't think it's the root of the problem... Some OTHER pref in Saved Prefs causes the World-Clock-reset-on-exit issue.